10th week and feeling rubbish again

Posted , 9 users are following.

Been on Sertraline 100mg for nearly 10 weeks and I had two good weeks before entering week 10, now I feel sick, tired and have difficulty eating and focusing on TV etc is this a blip like I had before, Dr doesn't want to change meds or up dose.

Any experience would be nice to hear from you

4 likes, 621 replies

621 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I hope I havnt offended u
    • Posted

That makes 2 of us believe me every night go to bed and pray going to wake up me again
    • Posted

I'm definitely better than last week but still having moments of fuzzy head and just not wanting to do anything. I'm managing to eat alittle more but still no hungry.
    • Posted

I'm not feeling great today either and on my own today hubby got meetings all day
    • Posted

Nothing planned, just in the garden enjoying the sun before the rain comes
    • Posted

Don't know really what to do don't really want to be stuck in all day too much time to think
    • Posted

I'm so so, funny Tummy this morning but I'm a lot better in the evenings. And sleeping a lot better.
    • Posted

I take my pill at 1:30 so I think that's why I have better afternoons and evenings, I use rescue remedy night time when knocks me out within ten minutes. It's herbal
    • Posted

Just put 4 drops on your tongue and leave it to soak in, they do a daytime one as well which helps calm you.
    • Posted

I'm always tired but don't sleep much at night and can't through the day
    • Posted

Not great, have pain in my left eye and still pain in my chest and my tummy is gurgling, how about you?
    • Posted

That's mad how you said that I get pain in my left eye what yours like ? Mine feels like it's full of pressure and I have a black ring round my eye
    • Posted

Dunno whether to put eye drops in as it hurts to blink, I wish all these side effects would pass, are you going back to work next week?
    • Posted

Yeah mine like that was so painful last night had to shut my eyes don't know abt the black ring though
    • Posted

Yeah must admit had enough of side effects yeah I'm bk on Monday so hope to b better by then I can handle the side effects if the anxiety would lift
    • Posted

Did you manage to get some rescue remedy? The night time one knocks me out within 5mins and I sleep all the way through
    • Posted

It did when used it yrs ago so going to get some this morning and try nothing to lose
    • Posted

They work for me, the night time one more than the daytime one
    • Posted

Still have eye pain and feeling down and sad
    • Posted

That's good then, I feel alittle dizzy, and just blur, can't seem to just feel normal.
    • Posted

How are you today, I managed to go out last night to the pub didn't drink tho, and I feel anxious and hot today.
    • Posted

Yeah I didn't sleep very well and I'm anxious and hot today arrrr just want it gone
    • Posted

Soz got storms here keep losing my signal a bit anxious today but think that's cause bk to work tomorrow how u doing
    • Posted

Same here, a little anxious, light headed as well just hoping soon it will pass
    • Posted

Well I hope your be ok to go to work, don't push yourself if you don't feel ready, I'm just trying to chill, my body aches, my gf is off this week so isn't to bad for company.
    • Posted

I will just c how it goes with work but I don't get sick pay so hard to not work glad u got company this week
    • Posted

Mine doesn't either, but if you get signed off by your doctor and hand the sick note in they have to claim ssp from the government its 88.50 a week
    • Posted

Hope work goes ok just remember the thoughts are worse than the actual situation xx
    • Posted

Just finished at 3 wasn't to bad had a bit of anxiety and light headed but just pushed through it how u doing today
    • Posted

I slept until 12 lol, and since then feel ok, a little light headed and head is fuzzy but so fair anxiety is at bay.
    • Posted

That's good then I can't wait for the day my anxiety bogs off for good that's the part that gets me down the most
    • Posted

Same here, I'm not anxiety free but it's not as bad as yesterday. I wish my fuzzy head would clear and my appetite returned.
    • Posted

Have you got any doctor reviews? My just keeps telling me to keep going, dunno if an increase would help me or just stick it out until 4 months, as I'm part way through reaching 3 months.
    • Posted

No I havnt got any docs follow ups was just told upto 6wks I'm 4wks of increase tomorrow
    • Posted

Fingers crossed then, my dr is useless he said 6weeks and it's been nearly 12 lol, I can say i haven't had any panic attacks but anxiety only went for a few weeks and has come back and won't go again.
    • Posted

I know touch wood I havnt had a panic attack for a couple of weeks but just want the anxiety to lift so not constantly tense in chest and stomach
    • Posted

It will pass, least you know it worked before so you know it will work this time, it's just time.
    • Posted

Hope your ok today, I'm feeling anxious today and sick, no get up and go
    • Posted

That's what happened to me good week last week then this week all come back
    • Posted

Hi ya not to bad a bit more anxious at work today bladdy nerves wish they would bog off
    • Posted

That's good, I can't handle going to work. Just hope I level out soon and get back to normal.
    • Posted

Hi how u doing today I've just finished work but been anxious all day again
    • Posted

I'm anxious today as well, I have an appointment tomorrow to assess if I can go back to work or not.
    • Posted

What with doc or job centre I seem to have 1 good day then loads of crap days driving me mad
    • Posted

My employer is paying for me to see a private clinic for a second opinion as he doesn't trust my doctor writing me sick notes every week.
    • Posted

I can't remember where you said u worked c I work in the busiest shop in the town centre I find it really hard but also helps me to take my mind off it sometimes if u don't go bk will yr employers still keep yr job open
    • Posted

It depends on what the woman says tomorrow if she thinks I'm well enough then I have to go back if she agrees with me then I can stay off and they have to keep my job open
    • Posted

I seem to cope better when around family etc and I have plenty here to keep my mind busy
    • Posted

Yeah I'm indoors on my own at the moment and don't like that like people around me
    • Posted

I just keep thinking of giving up on the meds as Nearly 12 weeks and nothing have changed. Still anxious still no appetite and still tired.
    • Posted

That's the 3rd person I have spoken to today that has said that there stopping there meds
    • Posted

Well here's the 4th spoke to doc earlier and he said just stick to it for a few week easy for him to say I'm sure they don't understand like before he just told me to stop a anti d and he said u won't get any side effects had a bad withdrawal they need more training on these meds
    • Posted

Never go cold turkey, it takes weeks/months to wean yourself off
    • Posted

All seemed to go ok, they rate your anxiety out of 21, 21 being the highest mine is 17 so doesn't look like I'll be going back to work anytime soon.
    • Posted

Yen not ideal but I have felt better this evening almost normal feeling just hope it continues
    • Posted

I'm still anxious high yesterday and today just want to wake up and it b gone
    • Posted

Same here don't understand it, it's been 12 weeks for me, just need to reassuring that it will go soon
    • Posted

Well I'm coming up to wk 4 of increase and still got anxiety can't remember how long if took first time Rd to settle was so long ago but think it was no longer than 3 mths
    • Posted

Hi Tracey

patience is the key hear.  It is not weeks it's months with blips in between.  I have been on 100mgs for over 2 months.  Have seen some improvement so hopefully things are on the up.  My dr told me you have to give the increase 3 months to work and then reevaluate.

hope this is helpful.

lynda

• Posted

Thanku cause my doc told me should have settled on 10days but think he's talking out of his butt hun
    • Posted

Yes.  I suppose for some people it works faster but they seem to be in the minority.  Not sure that drs truly understand these meds.  Wish they would go on these sites and read all the posts about side effects.

lynda

• Posted

Hi Philip

they started you on a high dosage.  Usually the start at 25mgs and the increase.  Were you on anything before??

lynda

• Posted

Citalopram for 4 weeks at 20mg then escitralopram 10mg for 3 days then sertraline 100mg for 12 weeks
    • Posted

I was on citalopram for years.  It worked beautifully for me until it didn't. Sertraline has taken a very long time for me to achieve any benefits and I know I have improved  but am resisting upping until I ave been on it 3 months.  As I said earlier patience, patience, patience.

are you working?  Do you go out with friends?  Are you enjoying any part of life..

LyndaLynda

• Posted

Not currently working but still going out as much as I can and spending time with family and friends and doing lots of house work and washing etc, still able to drive aswell. It's just this banging head now, feel all fuzzy but that goes by about 7pm and all evening I'm normal then it starts again the next morning, sleep is fine, eating as much as I can when I can and drinking plenty of peppermint tea.
    • Posted

Yes that head thing is most annoying.  I have taken acetiminaphen and that helps.  It's good your busy.  My appetite hasn't been great since I have started the meds.  Hopefully that will improve.  I use to really enjoy my meals, not so much now.

lynda

• Posted

How long have you been on them and what dose? Do you still work etc?
    • Posted

Ni, I don't work, thankfully.  I couldn't given the side effects.  I have great admiration for people who do work while being on these initially.  I started in April @ 25 mgs for four weeks, 50 for another four weeks, 75 for four and now 100 for just over two months.  Didn't realize any relief until a few weeks ago.  I may go up to 125 after 3 months on 100.
    • Posted

I have to work with it it's not easy but I havnt gone sick hard with the anxiety and fuzzy head
    • Posted

Morning how u feeling today I'm still feeling anxious but only got 3 hrs sleep c
    • Posted

I'm slept all night, but woke up feeling sick and have a banging head, wish this would go
    • Posted

I know I'm getting sick of it now just wish the anxiety would lift then I think could cope with the rest but still struggling to eat
    • Posted

I take my at half 1. Some people say that the time of day does make a difference
    • Posted

I don't know have always taken it in the morning but when got increased doc said half morning half at night but that didn't agree with me
    • Posted

Well I hope your be better tomorrow for work, gonna speak to my doc tomorrow.
    • Posted

Soz just finished work not good this morning didn't sleep last night so was really anxious and cried at work but just trying to have a chat with myself to sort it out cause had a gut full of it how you doing today
    • Posted

I didn't sleep at all last night either, which is unusual, the fuzzy head seems to be fading slightly so fingers crossed.
    • Posted

Yeh I know, just want my life back and to start enjoying it again and working.
    • Posted

I know that feeling I know I'm still working but not enjoying my job like I use to and I want to b able to chill out and do things I 7se to enjoy instead of stressing about anything and everything
    • Posted

Just finished not to bad just wish the light headed would go how abt u
    • Posted

The morning was ok managed to do some work on my car and walk to town on my own which I haven't done in months, but I now have dizziness and my head is throbbing but anxiety seems to be a lot lower.
    • Posted

I know touch wood my anxiety a bit lower today just got the horrible head ache and feel like going to pass out if u move to quick
    • Posted

A lot better but done less, but my appetite has returned I've been nibbling all day, what about you?
    • Posted

Felt good this morning then half way through my shift at work went light headed and shaky legs and still got it its horrible yet yesterday I had quite a good day
    • Posted

I'm sorry it sucks, it seems to take forever to get settled on this med.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.