Skip to content

Sertraline

All discussions in this group

Next
  • kerry56645 3

Itching driving me mad

I've posted about this before but it seems to be getting worse! Same time each day 6pm- 8pm hands and feet are so itchy I can't stop I've even bled, then it just stops. Am I alone in this or do others get this ? Thanks Kerry

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Mistedmind 2

Increased Sertraline dose....help me!

So I was on 50mg for a while and I was fine. Then out of the blue I became very depressed which triggered my anxiety. I went to the doctors who suggested an updose so I've gone up to 100mg it's now day 7 and I am beside myself! I feel so lonely, anxiety is through the roof, I'm scared of

27 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Noni9 3
  • brenda80266 2

Sertraline 100mg feeling ill

hi all been on 100grm sertraline for 4 weeks anxiety and panic attacks are through the roof had to come home early from short break away can't control the worrying feel like I'm having a heart attack feel no one understands the torture I'm going through 

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Onestepatatime7 3

Is this what "Normal" feels like

Hi guys, I've been on sertraline for 4 weeks. 2 at 50mg last 3 weeks at 100mg. Felt very low with the increase and insomnia. Monday and Tuesday my anxiety was through the roof I take propanolo too. I took one 40mg tablet yesterday to calm me, which worked. Today I feel good and I haven't taken

17 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Anyone have sinus issues???

Been on 100mg of sertraline for a week now - prescribed for severe anxitey attacks. Previously took sertraline but that was a few years ago. I'm getting the usual problems - dry mouth, inability to sleep etc but this time I am also getting a streaming nose and extremely sore sinuses. Has anyone

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • julie7525 4

Dizzy on sertraline

Hi All, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing dizziness on sertraline? I've been on it for 3 months, i had dizziness for the first 3-4 weeks which stopped, I've upped my dose gradually to 125 and have been dizzy for 10 days whilst on 100 then worse on 125. Seeing doc friday, I may have to

41 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • hayley90227 1
  • michelle1015 3

Tingling

Does anyone ever feel prickly tingling sensation almost like goose bumps on their legs?? Is this an anxiety in the last 3 months Ive felt this amd have no idea help it scares me that maybe I have a brain tumor or something serious. Im 32 yo female and in good shape,5'6

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • ak123 1

Can the effects of sertraline decrease over time?

I have been taking Sertraline for several months for anxiety and depression. I started 25mg to build up to 50mg, and then 75mg to build up to 100mg which is what I currently take. I honestly felt like sertraline changed my life, I became the happy, fun, bubbly, energetic person I used to be.

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • HopeNFaith 3

On 100mg Sertraline now

So for nearly 5 months I've been on Sertraline 50mg. Had so many side affects. I started to feel much better but the last month has gotten bad again. I feel low at times and anxiety creeps in and sets me back. I'm combating it with walking and dance exercise. I have had some new symptoms in the

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Loco_estrella 1

How do you personally feel on sertraline?

So it goes without saying that writing this at 20 to 1 in the morning is for a start never a good time to feel great, but I've gone from what I thought was progress (day 4 of taking sertraline) cheering up today, to find that hearing things from people that I didn't want to made me cry my eyes out

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • geoff81810 2

4 weeks into setraline- cant sleep, feel awful.

Been on setraline 4 weeks. Cant sleep because i can hear and feel my heart beat loudly and am currently signed off work. I have had depression before and used setraline but dont remember it being this bad. At docs on monday again to discuss. Any ideas welcome

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • elaine37783 1

Sertraline 200mg

Hi, I've been on sertraline for 4 years now starting at 50mg then over time upped and just 4 days ago i upped them myself after being at 150mg for two of those 4 yrs, to 200mg & for those 4 days I've not felt any different other than nausea on an off all day.. The reason I upped them is i felt

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • David_7719 3

Anyone switched from Citalopram to Sertraline?

I'm two weeks into Citalopram (20mg) and wondering if I'm on the right meds. I know 2 weeks is nothing and it's yet to kick, but my biggest issue is anxiety and going back into the work environment after some time self-employed. I'm OK socially, but performing in a formal business environment

• tonyfla 1

Brain zap after stopping sertraline cold turkey

I have been on sertraline 100mg for at least 3 years. I had a major change in a major life sustaining drug and it has a moderate to major interaction with sertraline. I was also in Xanax and had to stop that as well, so major changes in my meds and system right now. I had extend brain zap, heart palpitations,...

• rachael58630 2

Coming off sertraline - advice needed

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice or relate to my post… I have been taking Sertraline for almost three years now and prior to this was on citalopram for 2 years. Apart from the odd bouts of depression and anxiety I am a fit and healthy 28 year old woman. I have decided that I would

38 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • ilda1982 3

Sertraline don't be scared it works with the right dosage.

Hi all, for nearly 3yrs I was on sertraline, at the beginning it was awful. Dizziness, lack of interest, mood swings tired loss of appetite throwing up headaches and so on. I started at 25mg till we found the right dosage for me and that was 150mg. At this stage I was ok no anxiety, no panic

147 replies 15 votes Last reply
  • natalie2608 4

Had enough

got my bloods back all ok but now moved onto an old worry my nails curve down and months ago i read this could be lung disease . do any other ladies have this? how do i upload photo to show u? i know it sounds pathetic

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • cathy26010 2

Sertraline causing palpatations all day!!!

hi I started taking sertraline 25mg last week and I'm due to increase to 50mg in the morning. Ever since starting these I have heart flutters all day and night. My heart doesn't race it just skips, is anyone else experiencing this and will it be worse if I up my dose? I have severe anxiety which

16 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • simonbn3 2

HOPING FOR IMPROVEMENT

My first post here and I am comforted to read there are so many out there with the same problems. I was beginning to think there was something really wrong with me. I was always very confident and outgoing until my partner comitted suicide two years ago and I think, although it has been pretty unbearable,...

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

My experience of coming off sertraline

I have found this site very helpful during the period that I was taking sertraline and felt I should share my experiences of coming off the drug, in the hope that they may be of help to others. I was diagnosed with depression last year and have been on 200mg of sertraline for approx 10 months. I

349 replies 23 votes Last reply
  • kerry56645 3

Off sertraline and symptom free ??

As I understand it once you have your course of sertraline you may not need to take it again has anyone i this group stopped taking their medication and been symptom free ? The thought of coming off these tablets terrifies me I didn't actually realise how ill I was until I started the treatment

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Onestepatatime7 3

Physical symptoms- when will they stop!?

Hi guys, Me again. Does anyone have physical symptoms with their anxiety? Yesterday in work it happened and my boss just looked scared and shocked. I felt the fight or flight. I didn't run I wanted too :-( then I felt the anxiety trying to build momentum. Then my face turns a funny colour and

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • meteor63 3

Sertraline Withdrawal .. Does it go away?

Hi. I just wondered if anyone had been through sertraline withdrawal and got better? I look on the internet and can't find anything positive about ssri withdrawal, particularly sertraline. I guess when people stop posting, it means they've got better. All I seem to see is posts from people who've

511 replies 18 votes Last reply
  • Onestepatatime7 3

Strealine causing glassy eyes

Hi Everyone, Does strealine cause glassy eyes? Will this side effect disappear? I thought I was being parinod but other people have noticed my glazed eyes and it's making me feel uncomfortable.

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • julie89512 3

pain relief advise

Hi. just a bit of advise needed. for the past 3 days iv had a stiff/ pain in my neck and shoulders . feel a bit sick and heady, so don't know if iv caught something. Also some discomfort in my jaw and ear, there's a lot going around at mo.  been taking paracetamol, and putting heat on it but it's

• PaulMar 3

Having a bad day and need some words of encouragement

I'm having a bad day and I don't know if it the Zoloft, withdrawal from lorazapam or just a bad GAD day. I had a pretty good weekend but yesterday was awful and last night I didn't sleep well. Today is another bad day. Heavy breathing, scared, and tightness in my chest. I've been on 150mg Zoloft

• Marie1088 2

Day 3 of sertraline - keep going or stop?

I was prescribed 50mg of Sertraline for anxiety 3 days ago. On the first day I took the 50mg and was sick half an hour later and then again 2 hours after that. I decided to decrease my dosage to 25mg and have taken that for the last 2 days and the side effects are dreadful. I have heightened

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dani32 2

My Sertraline Story!!

Hi im a 32 year old female. Im married with 2 children. About 12 weeks ago I started to get awful anxiety, I was stressing about the least little thing and turning small things into massive over the top things. I started doing breathing exercises and taking herbal remedies, reading books and

329 replies 37 votes Last reply
  • Kayleigh0910 3

Upping from 100mg to 150mg

Anyone gone from 100mg to 150mg and been fine with no side effects? I'm meant to up to 150mg tomorrow I've done 100mg for 5 weeks now and doc wants to up it as I still feel edgy

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Onestepatatime7 3

Sertraline and feeling low

Hi, everyone Day 6 on 100mg of sertraline and I'm feeling so low Is this one of the side effects? How long till I start feeling better? I don't feel like going to work. Just feel like not going back to be honest. New job I'm not keen on and I'm being assessed in a few weeks. Feeling anxious

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • natashagabber 1

sertraline made me manic has anyone else had this

after a few weeks of taking sertraline for depression (i would usually take citalopram but the gp said this was no longer being used) i felt on top of the world but after an emotional day at work my ability to cope with my emotions disappeared i became very tearful and quite aggressive towards my

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • philip49799 4

New Brand of Sert

My new batch of Cert is a new brand to me. Ranbaxy brand. Anyone know this one and if so what's it like? Been on Aurobindo brand. Thanks Phil 

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • natalie2608 4

too old for this?? :(

i have severe health anxiety but feel at 43 i should not be getting worse but i am and i think a lot of people on here are younger than me, is anyone my age with anxiety on sertraline?

40 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions