Skip to content

Sertraline

All discussions in this group

Next
  • jessie72086 2

Stomach troubles

Been on sertraline for 13 weeks since being on them had bad diarrhoea is this normal. am so worried . any one had the same. been to doctors told them didn't seem bothered . thank u x

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tammie67872 2

zoloft almost killed me

I have been on 100mg of sertaline since January. I went to the emergency room 3xs in 1 week for iv. 3 weeks ago I asked the doctor to get off this med she said I have to be on it forever, so slowly i took myself off. The withdrawl is horrible. I almost lost my job. My blood pressure was 154/100 I am...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Tennessee506 1

Zoloft what to expect

I quit drinking about a month ago I was very heavey drinker. When I stopped I started having panic attacks and anxiety everyday. So I when to my doctor because it became unbearable. My doctor prescribed me Zoloft 100mg n told me to break a little piece off the pill each day for a week the move up the...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • beatriz 82208 2

Been on Zoloft 2 days and hate the side effects

My psychiatrist just started me on Zoloft 50mg. I am dealing with depression and repetitive thoughts about my health . So psych thought Zoloft was best med for me. Only been on it 2 days but hate the side affects. I'm so jittery and nervous, feeling like I'm going to jump out of my skin, hands shaky...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • richard30560 2

Sertraline - my 8 week story

Today is my 8th week on 50mg of Sertraline and unlike a lot of people once they start to feel better, I thought I'd try and give a little encouragement to help you hang in there as it REALLY is worth it. I also struggles to find many people on this 'start up' dose for any length of time so this might...

43 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • luc.a 1

Flying with meds

Had to book an emergency flight from uk to france in two days. A quick google says I need a doctors letter to take with my meds in the airport but I've no time to get one. Has anyone ever had meds taken off them in the airport? I'm worried about the prospect of being without them for a week.

• julie98922 2

Sertraline

I have been taking Sertraline for over a year now. Dosage of 200 mgs for about the past 8 months. Saw my GP last Wednesday and because I am now coping with life, I discussed a reduction in dosage. We agreed to drop to 100mgs per day. It's it Saturday but I can already feel my agitation and depression...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jenny94784 2

Low heart rate on zoloft

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a low resting heart rate while taking zoloft? I have a history of a heart rate in the 80's and 90's, but for the past few weeks my resting heart rate stays in the 50's and has dropped down to 40. I can tell when it's low because I'm extra tired and...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • l48934 2
  • lori49107 2
  • danielle73094 1

Up and down Zoloft dose

Hi, I need some advice out there . I have been on Zoloft for about 9 years now. I have been off a few years ago but didn't like how I felt and have been on it since. For a while I have been on 150mg but a month or so ago I started feeling more anxious... I think it may have had to do with moving ......

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • babolauren 1

Drinking on Sertraline

Hi  I started taking Sertraline (50mg) 5 days ago, and it's my first time on any antidepressant. I was prescribed it by my GP as I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for about 7 years and I was unable to deal with it alone and councilling and therapy doesn't work very well for me.  I feel...

• andrew17246 1

Sertraline / Zoloft - no difference after months on 200mg

I don't understand why people keep saying this drug is so helpful.  I kept on increasding the dose, had mirtazipine added, but still utterly hopless, angry, ,agitated, depressed, lonely and with no joy in life whatsoever, after months on a higher dose.  I can't find much information about it.  Most of...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Onestepatatime7 3

Sertraline maybe I need to increase?

Hi, I've been on sertraline for seven weeks. I'm currently On 100mg. Yesterday and today I had some anxiety And felt physical symptoms. Do I need to increase? Or should I give it more time? I'm working full time and anxiety stops me doing my job.

• crazynana 1

Side effects after 2 months

Hello, I have been on 50ml sertraline for two months and am getting random ice pick headaches, I think when I was on them before this happened after 2 months.. has this happened to anyone else?

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lorraine70550 2

Given in

i couldn't take these symptoms of coming off Sertraline any longer. After going from 200mg to zero for 10 days. I have taken a 100mg tablet today and hope it makes me feel better soon and I can feel normal again (if there is anything like normal). Hope my doctor will be ok with this and hope it kicks...

• lorraine70550 2

SErt

I have been taking Sertraline for at least 5 years and many other antidepressants before these. i started off on 50mg and in no time at all was taking 200mg. My doctor thinks I have been taken them for too long and they have got used to me so decided I should reduce the dose over 4 weeks and then decide...

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • julie89512 3

Sertraline feeling fed up

iv been on sertraline since 2nd Feb, it took me a good 8 weeks to get over the side effects my mood lifted and my anxiety level went down to, then I picked up my second lot, different manufacturer and I was back to square one again all the side effects for a few weeks, settles down again and iv felt...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lorraine82455 3

Coming off Zoloft

after five month on Zoloft I want off it. Still feeling anxiety but getting extremely forgetful . I am taking 37.5, want to know best way to quit. Any help please

• Keepitcool 1

Zoloft causing Tinnitus?

Hi, I've been taking Zoloft 50mg for Anxiety Disorder for about 5 months now. The past months have been smooth sailing but lately I get loud rings after an hour of consuming the medication. This ring goes on forever until about 20+ hours where it would start to minimize but not completely fade away....

• bill50871 1
  • Guest M

My experience of coming off sertraline

I have found this site very helpful during the period that I was taking sertraline and felt I should share my experiences of coming off the drug, in the hope that they may be of help to others. I was diagnosed with depression last year and have been on 200mg of sertraline for approx 10 months. I also...

356 replies 23 votes Last reply
  • John03546 2

Partner's "strange thoughts" about me with Sertraline

I am wondering if anyone can offer any advice or reassurance.  My girlfriend began taking 50mg Sertraline about 1 week ago - mainly to help with anxiety. I have seen a marked change in her confidence and mood already so thought everything was going well. About 3 or 4 days into treatment she began mentioning...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jimmywriddle 1

Just changing from mirtazapine to sertraline

Iv had straight swap from mirtazapine to seryraline today after 10 weeks . Although mirtazapine helped me sleep I can't cope with the weight gain and complete lack of motivation . I'm hoping the new tablet will help . Mirtazapine has not really helped with my depression at all and wondered if anybody...

• gemma78738 2

Increased to 100mg

I've been increased from 50mg a day to 100mg a day due to increased anxiety due to returning to work after a three month sickness absence. I work in a very stressful office and my anxiety horrible how long will it take to make me feel a bit better?

• futanical 2

Sertraline making me feel EXTREMELY anxious and jittery!

I've read where this is a common side effect but how long does it last and is it anything I should be concerned about?  I feel like I just drank a whole pot of coffee!  I'm a very anxious person as it is so this side effect isn't exactly welcomed.  Any words of hope or wisdom out there?   I've been...

15 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Benjam1n 2

SSRI withdrawal

4 months off Serlife (Sertraline) and I have symptoms not present prior to my using SSRI's. Is my brain chemistry damaged? And has anyone read Scientific American article on SSRI efficacy being little better than a placebo?

• Brandon Lee 1

Started Zoloft for about 2 weeks and quit feel horrible....

Hello everyone my names Brandon and I'm 21 with two little boys and amazing wife. My story starts here about 4months ago I was taking hydrocodone everyday for about 2 months I ran out and ordered tramadol from India online. Took that for 2 months until I ran out and ended up in the ER cause my wife told...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Jmk49a87 2
  • OM537732 1

Sertraline Side Effects?

Hi all,  I've been on antidepressants for over a year now, I was on citalopram for the first 4 or 5 months until they became non-effective in every sense.  I've found sertraline to be far far better at managing my depression, even though I had to up the dose a few months ago - currently on 150 mg per...

• Kayleigh0910 3

Sertraline at 4 months

Been on sertraline since Feb I'm now on 150mg and 40mg propanol had a brill few weeks but yesterday and today my anxiety has come back I'm dreading xmas and the cold months ahead and when Feb comes around as that's when this started, anyone else been on this long then felt there anxiety coming bk?...

• sandra59233 1

Sertraline withdrawal

Hi I'm new to this site just today. I've been taking a low dose of sertraline for nearly 2 years and feel I want to try and come off it now. I only take 20mg a day and would value any advice. Thank you

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

not sure if to take sertraline PLEASE ADVISE!!

Hello. i really need some advise....PLEASE! my doc has prescribed me with sertraline to beat \"the baby blues\". i suffer with anxiety quite badly and find it hard to maintain my emotions. after reading Alot of what has been said i just dont know if i should take them or not...feeling quite...

33 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Moonlight 1

my withdrawall symptoms coming off sertraline

I was diagnosed with bipolar in 1997. For the past 13 yrs I have been prescribed anti-depressants, including sertraline during past 5 yrs. I felt so sedated, slept most of the time, suicidal thoughts, no motivation.....My psychiatrist decided to change me to another SSRI anti-dep. I began weaning myself...

27 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • jade000 2

Upping to 150mg?

Hi, I posted yesterday about not feeling as good as I did in the first few weeks on Sertraline 100mg... feeling a bit miserable again and a bit more sick than usual and I have been before. Ive been on this strength for 4 weeks. Does anyone think I would be better trying the 150mg? Worth asking my...

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.