Skip to content

Sertraline

Also known as Lustral, Zoloft

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My experience of coming off sertraline

I have found this site very helpful during the period that I was taking sertraline and felt I should share my experiences of coming off the drug, in the hope that they may be of help to others. I was diagnosed with depression last year and have been on 200mg of sertraline for approx 10 months. I also...

Last reply
  • Huge Improvement

Hi everyone, I wanted to post something positive to give people hope that things do get better.  I have been anxious my whole life.  I can remember as early as 7 years old and feeling terrible going to school with tums in my pocket because I was so worried.  I have had periods in my life...

Last reply
  • Is it worth it?

Only my 3rd day of taking sertraline. Feel very anxious and fidgety today. Can’t shake these horrible thoughts. Keep reading posts of people saying they got worse first. I’ve just stayed in today. Really struggling... Does it get better?

Last reply
  • 3 Weeks on Zoloft

Just finished my third week on Zoloft, the first week I was on 25mg, then bumped up to 50mg. I have been dealing with anxiety and depressed moods for about 2 years now, until one night of smoking weed I went into an anxious, intrusive thought loop, thinking I was a harm to myself, others, never gonna...

Last reply
  • Anxiety Depersonalisation

Hi everyone I was on paroxatine for 17yrs and then the doctor swapped me to sertraline 100mgs. But it didn’t really work for me. So I’m back on paroxatine now and av been on 20mgs for the past 9days. I was just wondering how long do you think they’ll take to start kicking in again, also I’m suffering...

Posted
  • Anxious again!

Been on Sertraline a little over 6 weeks now the last 3 days have been horrible anxiety wise for no real reason feel pretty fed up as i feel like im right bk to square one and thought i was over the worst of the anxiety can anyone relate to this?

Last reply
  • Sertraline almost 4 weeks and going backwards

I’m 40 years old and have experienced anxiety on and off since I was 20. I took sertraline with Wellbutrin 10 years ago for a year and made my anxiety disappear. Over a year ago I went thru some financial trouble and my anxiety came back by 10 folds and developed rosacea. I have tried so many different...

Last reply
  • From good day to bad day!

Had a good day yesterday...day 23 of 100mg. Was able to have a shower for the first time in weeks, get dressed and spent most of the day with my family in the living room.  Felt breathless at times but my positivity reassured me hat it couldn't harm me. Today....got up, washed and dressed, made...

Last reply
  • Good week followed by bad? Advice pls

I have been on sertraline 50 mg for just over 14 weeks, I have no more side effects and only started to feel a better at 12 weeks(3months in) I started waking up every morning and just feeling good, optimistic and cheerful. Almost like I have been floating on air! I kept telling myself it was too good...

Last reply
  • Hummus SSRI effect & the Tryptophan rich diet

From Health Journal Article: Chickpeas and tahini, the major ingredients of hummus, contain essential amino acids which has a very similar effect to that of anti-depressants. Don’t be surprised if one day in the near future your doctor will prescribe you some hummus. In a recent post I addressed the...

Posted
  • If time taking zoloft

My sister gave me a few of hers to try to see if it would help... so I took one Thursday and was fine and than I took another friday... and all day I have had the chills, and burning and fast heart rate... I asked her what dosage it was and it was 100mg... is this side effect normal since I've never...

Last reply
  • Zoloft, Risperdal, Cloznepam

Hey I've been in the hospital for 6 days with serotonin syndrome from being on way to many SSRI's  They flushed that all out of my system tho I just started Zoloft risperdal and cloznepam. I'm worried about how I feel. Side effects. Etc. I already have tons of anxiety from being on nothing....

Last reply
  • Delayed withdrawal symptoms?

Hey guys, first time here I'm 17, and had been taking 100mg of Sertraline for 3.5 years, before tapering down over 2 weeks as advised by my doctor. No withdrawal effects whatsoever, until 2 months later I wake up and crash - headaches, dizziness, brain fog, nausea, panic, lethargy, return of pre-medication...

Last reply
  • Increased dose a week ago ..

Hey all. I have been on 50mg of Zoloft for 2 months. At my checkup I mentioned I was still having trouble sleeping so my doctor increased my dose to 100mg. I took 75mg for one week the. Bumped up to 100mg. I have been on the 100mg for about 5 days. I am noticing now especially the last two days heightened...

Last reply
  • Advice about Sertraline please

I’m wondering if anyone who is familiar with Sertraline could offer some advice? This site has been amazing since I started my journey, I’ve been a long time lurker. I went to the doctor about 3 months ago as I couldn’t take my anxiety and PTSD anymore. She put me on a waiting list for CBT and started...

Last reply
  • Zoloft 75mg for 11 weeks!

Hi! I’ve been taking 75mg for 11 weeks. Improvement, but nowhere near where I want to be! I know I need to increase, but I am scared to death of side effects! Do you think since I’ve been on it so long the side effects will be minimal? I want to go to 100mg, but even contemplating only going up by 12.5mg...

Last reply
  • Need some advice on coming off sertraline

I’ve been taking sertraline since July 9th, 2017. My dose is 62.5 mg. I’ve been on that dose since September. I started very low-12.5 mg and worked my way up slowly. I am doing great with my anxiety and I feel I’m ready to come off of them but don’t know how to go about it the right way or what to expect....

Last reply
  • Upping Zoloft from 50 to 75 . Positive feedback please!

Hello fellow members I was on 50 mg for 8 weeks with some slight improvement but was not where I wanted to be. I still experienced anxiety which cause me to hardly eat. I upped my dose to 75mg today and I just really want to hear some positive insight and stories from those who upped their dose and...

Last reply
  • Burning sensations on face??

Hi all...so, I'm Day 19 on 100mg now, having been on 50mg for 2 1/2 weeks prior to that. These last few days I've noticed that I been feeling burning sensations on patches of my face, mostly either side and around my mouth. It tends to happen when I'm experiencing heightened anxiety, which...

Last reply
  • Different brands, different side effects??

Hi all! I was dispensed a different brand of sertraline which I started taking yesterday. I've had an escalation in side effects. Has anyone else noticed this and is it therefore best to stick with one brand??

Last reply
  • POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT SERTRALINE HERE!!!!!

Hello everyone, my name is Taylor and i was put on sertraline 8 weeks ago for severe anxiety, my story is posted in another dicussion just go to my profile if you wanna see it. I was on 25 mg for 4 weeks and I will be on 50 mg for 4 weeks tomorrow. These forums and the friends I have made on here have...

Last reply
  • Can you develop new side effects to Zoloft?

I have been taking Zoloft for approximately 5-6 months. Started out at a 50mg dose then after a few months I went up to 75mg and about one month ago I went up to 100mg.  My question is, has anyone experienced new or worsened side effects after upping doses even after taking the medication for some...

Last reply
  • Setraline experience (day 11)

Hey guys, I got started on Setraline for the first time ever 11 days ago. All that I have taken before that was Xanax years ago and never refilled the prescription so this is a change for me. Through the side effects, reading these forums have helped calm me down and get me through it so I thought I’d...

Last reply
  • Sertraline 3 and a half weeks

Hi I’ve been on sertraline for 3 and a half weeks now. I started to feel noticeably better after 2 week mark and I had no anxiety symptoms. I’m now starting to wake up panicky again like I did when I first started. Does this mean I need to up my dose? I was doing so well until the last couple of days 

Last reply
  • Help! Sertraline for 4 weeks...

Hi all,  I’m in need of some serious reassurance. I have been taking 50mg for a month. The first 2 weeks were horrendous and ended up having to go home to my parents and be babied by them. The third week, although constantly checking my mood, I had some relief. However, this 4th...

Last reply
  • Sertraline 25mg building up

Hi guys.  I was prescribed 50mg of sertraline, but after lots of reading on the internet I saw that some people start on 25mg and build up to help with the side effects.  Day 1 and 2 I took 25mg, day 3 I took 37.5mg.  I want to take 50mg but do you think I should take a few more days at...

Last reply
  • Dose increase

Hi Been on 50mg for near 15 weeks now and was wondering to get the dose upped to 75mg so give me an extra lift . Has anyone got any experience in this ?

Last reply
  • Just started taking sertraline, wondering about side-effects?

Hi everyone! I was just prescribed 25mg sertraline yesterday, and this is my first day taking it. I've read online that people have experienced a whole bunch of different side-effects pretty soon after taking it, and for some time.  I was a little nervous about taking it because of this, but...

Last reply
  • From paroxatine to sertraline and back to paroxatine

Hi every1 I was on paroxatine for 171/2 yrs. then changed to sertraline for 9wks with little progress. So now back on 20mgs of paroxatine. I was just wondering if any1 as done a change over? And how long it will take to kick back in. Any advice or reassurance please 

Posted
  • Sertraline for 7 weeks

Hi All, I have been on 50mg sertraline now for just over 7 weeks and whilst my symptoms have got much better, I still only feel about 60% back to myself. My appetite has come back and sleep has improved but still not where I want to be. I have a doctors review on Friday and was possibly going to increase...

Last reply
  • Sertraline 25mg one week change from citalopram 40mg

Hey all. I am writing this as an update to my previous post. I am now 7 days in to a change of medication from 40mg of citalopram to 25mg of sertraline. For the most part the transisition has been okay and please believe me when I was terrified of starting this medication. Side effects so far include...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.