Skip to content
Ad

Sertraline

Also known as Lustral, Zoloft

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sertaline

Hi, I've been on sertaline for six days now 50mg, to help with depression and anixety. Also on dazapan 2mg. Anixety is a little better but I seem to be more depressed. Anyone else feeling the same?, is it normal?.

Last reply
  • Should I increase my dosage?

Hi all, I have taken sertraline for many years off and on.  Recently my anxiety has increased.  I've gained about 17 pounds...I needed to as I was under weight.  I am wondering if I may need to increase my dosage since I've gained weight?  Has anyone else had this issue?  Thoughts?...

Posted
  • Sertraline Withdrawals

I have been on sertraline for some years, 7 in total i think.  I have been reducing my dose for 18 months and now got to the point i am off them, wow, why did my gp not warn me about the withdrawals??  my eyes feel like they are alien to my body, when i move my head i feel i need to wait for...

Last reply
  • Citalopram or sertraline??

I had a bad reaction to citelopram and got took off them, I had hives, vomiting, I couldn't even walk in a straight line, now the doctors have put me on sertraline for very bad panic attacks, like all day I'm literally so panicky I just don't get a break from it. I'm so scared to take...

Last reply
  • Can Sertraline make you miss periods?

I have been on Sertraline for a couple of months. I was started on 50mg then they increased them to 100mg as my anxiety was getting really bad. The 100mg was way too strong for me so i came off them cold turkey (i know, a really bad thing to do) but i had missed my period. Did 4 pregnancy tests all came...

Last reply
  • sertraline, how long before it works?

Hi, I was prescribed sertraline on thursday for anxiety, Ive suffered with it since I was 11 after my dad's sudden death, I used to have panic attacks regularly as a child. I'm now 25 with a 4 and 2 year old and its began to get worse, my 4 yr old is in pre school and I get really anxious about...

Last reply
  • been on sertraline for a while and wanna come off

Hi, I have been taking sertraline for about 5 years for ocd and a bit of anxiety. i would like to start to come off them how do i go about doing that and also i have read about brain structure changes and brain damage from being on the sertraline?

Last reply
  • Have I took too much?

I stopped taking my sertraline prescription as it was havin go no affect, however 2 nights ago I randomly took 4 tablets will I be okay?

Last reply
  • When does sertraline actually kick in?

Hi to you all, I've had panic disorder with agoraphobia for over 20 years. I was on the highest dose of Duloxetine for approximately 10 years, but recently my GP took me off this, as I was beginning to have many episodes of panic attacks. I started taking 25mg of sertraline 18 days ago. Since...

Last reply
  • Sertraline 200mg withdrawals

Looking for some advice if any one can help? I was on Sertraline 200mg for just over a year but it didnt seem to make much diffrence to my anxiety and agraphobia so the doctors changed me to mitazapine 15mg. I dropped the dose if sertraline down to 100 and then went cold turkey and straight onto mitazapine....

Last reply
  • Stomach pain upper abdomen. On Zoloft 50mg for 4 weeksks!

When I first started Zoloft (also taking Larazopam as need) I got severe nausea and diarrhea. My doctor had me take a 3 day "break" and then start it again which seemed to do the trick. However it's been 2 weeks and stomach pain has in increased in my middle upper abdomen (feels like...

Last reply
  • Unable to sleep!! Sertraline and anxiety

need some friendly support!! I've been on sertraline 50mg for 5 1/2 weeks now for anxiety and nocturnal anxiety probably caused by menopause? Went on holiday and had a great week with lots of sleep but on returning my anxiety (quivering)and no sleep has returned! think it got set off by association...

Last reply
  • Feeling low

Hey,  I don't know if this is the 'right' place to post but I need some help. Ive been on sertraline 100mg for 3-4 months. I would say previously I hit a better place in my life, however recently I've hit a big dip and quite emotional again, anxious, moods slipping into depressed....

Last reply
  • Weaning off of 150mg Zoloft /Sertraline first...then clonazepam

I have takine Zoloft for ~13yrs. I just started weaning off of 150mg after 10yrs and my first week without. So happy to be done but experiencing many side effects including, nausea, vomiting, body aches, headache, confusion, memory loss amd irritability...just to name a few lol. I keeo saying this...

Last reply
  • I took one 100g dose of sertraline and feel bad

I've taken one dose of sertraline and I haven't taken anymore after because I feel so bad I've been sick and everything and I took it on Sunday and it's now it's Thursday I feel better than I did but I still have the anxious feeling and sick feeling how long will it take to leave...

Last reply
  • Sertraline Withdrawal .. Does it go away?

Hi. I just wondered if anyone had been through sertraline withdrawal and got better? I look on the internet and can't find anything positive about ssri withdrawal, particularly sertraline. I guess when people stop posting, it means they've got better. All I seem to see is posts from people who've...

Last reply
  • Cold turkey sertaline withdrawal

Hi name is Liam just went cold turkey of sertaline 50mg  its being two weeks since I have being going cold turkey first week I was ok but the second week I have being feeling really if feeling really disconnected to my self if that makes sense don't get brain zaps or anything like that getting...

Posted
  • Ocd anxiety

I started taking sertraline 50mg at the of November 2016 for depression brought on by ocd anxiety.The first few weeks the depression went completely but was left with nasty anxiety and panic disorder So at the beginning of April this year I upped to 100mg hoping I could get rid of the panic and disorder...

Last reply
  • BEM BEM

Sweating and sertraline

I would like to know what other people have experienced with sweating both at night and during the day. For me it seems go come and go for no apparent reason. Please share your stories, good or bad.

Last reply
  • sertraline & sexual dysfunction

Hi everyone im a 31 year old male , so far been on sertraline for nearly 3 weeks , i was on mirtazapine for a while but all they did was make me eat and give me nightmares and before that i was on prozac which helped but messed my sex-life up , my question to anyone who reads this is has any other people...

Last reply
  • I'm not sure whether to continue with this - day 3

I did two days on 12.5mg and am now up to 25mg. I've got all the heightened anxiety symptoms which I know are to be expected. I'm mostly worried about coming off this drug in the future and I'm wondering whether this is even the right thing for me. My anxiety is bad at the moment so I feel...

Last reply
  • Gaining weight

Hi!  I've been on 75 mg for a few months now.   Unfortunately I've gained 10 pounds!!  Seems like it is all around my middle (I used to be able to see some muscle tone now I don't).  My eating hasn't been the greatest as I've been craving carbs but even when I...

Last reply
  • BEM BEM
  • Sertraline 100mg

Hi I've been taking sertraline 50mg for 6wks and the first 2wks were horendous side affects. I was prescribed sertraline to help me deal with panic attacks and anxiety after I had a TIA mini stroke. I've now upped my dose to 100mg and feeling much better ,my only advice is try and stick with...

Last reply
  • Stopping Sertraline Cold Turkey

Has anyone had experience of stopping Sertaline Cold Turkey? I am sick of how it is making me feel Shakes Bad Anxiety Dark thoughts Bad insomnia Upset tum I could go on.. I know you are not supposed to stop dead plus the 10% a month drop or slow taper but has anyone got experience of stopping Sert cold...

Last reply
  • Time Frame?

Hey guys! I know everyone is different, but I was just wondering when this medicine seemed to "kick in" for you guys? I have been on 50mg for about 3 weeks and I would say that my anxiety is about 60% better. I still have some bad moments, and some worrisome days, but ANYTHING is an improvment...

Last reply
  • sertraline 50 mgs

I have struggled with chronic fatigue and depression for many years following a brain haemorrhage. I've always been adverse to taking any anti-depressants but on my last gp visit, I asked to give them a go. My symptoms seemed to mirror the effects of depression and I wanted to see if a serotonin...

Last reply
  • Help

Hello I first started on 50mg 9weeks ago by week 6 I went into 100mg so now been on medication for 9 weeks total . Thought I was starting to feel better but had a blip last night I've read generally it takes up to 8 weeks for the meds to work . I was wondering if upping the dose it is now going...

Last reply
  • My Sertraline Story!!

Hi im a 32 year old female. Im married with 2 children. About 12 weeks ago I started to get awful anxiety, I was stressing about the least little thing and turning small things into massive over the top things. I started doing breathing exercises and taking herbal remedies, reading books and going...

Last reply
  • Increased dosage anxiety about 1 hour later

Hi.  I have been taking Zoloft off and on (mostly on) since 1999...so I am pretty familiar with it.  The past couple of years I have had trouble with generics not working and having to jump through a few hoops to get a brand that works.  A few weeks ago I messed up bc I thought I was in...

Last reply
  • Coming up to 6 weeks on Sertraline

Hello, its my firs ttime posting on here after reading many messages on the forum already.  I started Sertraline around 5 !/2 weeks ago.  I started with the horrible side effects of insomnia, heightened anxiety etc...both have subsided but am not yet feeling any real benefit.  My sleep...

Last reply
  • My partner has come of her antidepressants. Need advice!

Hello. My partner has been on Zoloft (sertraline) for over 6 years for clinical depression. For the last 2 years she has felt much better and decided it was time to come off the tablets (she also hates the side effects Zoloft gives her such as having no energy and needing to sleep all the time). She...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.