Skip to content
Ad

Sertraline

Also known as Lustral, Zoloft

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Swapping paroxatine to sertraline

Hi all I was on paroxatine for 17yrs till the doctor decided to change me to sertraline. I’ve been on 100mgs now for the past 6wks with little improvement. So I don’t know wether I’m still withdrawing from the paroxatine or wether the sertraline just arnt working for me. I feel really anxious and feeling...

Last reply
  • citalopram to sertraline !

i’ve just been taken off my 30mg of citalopram and have been placed onto 100mg of sertraline. i had been experiencing many many panic attacks and even hearing voices during the lowest points, on top of crying all the time and scratching at already sore skin (i have eczema) for relief from mental anguish....

Last reply
  • sertraline, how long before it works?

Hi, I was prescribed sertraline on thursday for anxiety, Ive suffered with it since I was 11 after my dad's sudden death, I used to have panic attacks regularly as a child. I'm now 25 with a 4 and 2 year old and its began to get worse, my 4 yr old is in pre school and I get really anxious about...

Last reply
  • Frequent urination on Zoloft

I have been prescribed Zoloft 50mg and it seems to really be helping for my anxiety. Since starting though I have needed to go to the bathroom a lot more. I got tested and it’s not a UTI. Do these symptoms go away with time?

Last reply
  • Double the dose, double the side effects??

Hi all! I'm supposed to increase my sertraline tomorrow from 50mg to 100mg but am really scared!! I'm so anxious at the minute...all other initial side effects I.e. Drowsiness and nausea have subsided, and I'm so afraid that I'll be even more anxious for another 2 weeks. The thoughts...

Last reply
  • Sertraline and Mirtazapine

Hi Is there anyone on Sertraline and Mirtazapine? I took my first Mirtazapine 15mg last night and feel like a zombie this morning, does the body get used to it or is it always like this ? I’m on 150mg Sertraline and will go up to 200mg in a couple of weeks. Any advice/ positive stuff would be very...

Last reply
  • Dizzy/Fainting on Sertraline (Zoloft)

Hi, I'm a 25 year-old female. I've been taking Sertraline 50mg for 15 weeks now. It's definitely working for me. I noticed a big improvement in my mood around 10 weeks. After 10+ years of dealing with depression and anxiety I'm so relieved to feel somewhat normal now. The only thing is...

Last reply
  • I feel so ill

I've been on sertraline since October and I've been on 200mg for nearly 2 weeks. I've had no side effects every time I have upped my dose apart from the beginning of taking it were I felt out of it now and then. I can't tell if I have flu or if I have side effects of the sertraline,...

Last reply
  • Propranolol - Beta Blocker

Hi Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has used propranolol Beta Blockers? I've just been prescribed them for my increased anxiety following being back on sertraline. Thanks

Last reply
  • Feeling a bit low and lonely

Just having a blip but had a few unsettling weeks, the thoughts of no one liking me are creeping in, I can’t shake this and I’m over thinking again, today my husband was being quite frankly a dick and it was the straw that broke the camels back. I can’t help think that I have some. Sort of issues making...

Last reply
  • Been off of sertraline for about 2 months

Hi guys I was on sertraline for anxiety issues. I was on it for about 1 1/2 years and decided one day I didn’t need it so in the beginning of November 2017 I told my doctor and he said to taper off evey week. I was on 75mg so I didn’t get any withdrawal said effects till maybe 2 or 3 weeks after my last...

Last reply
  • 6 weeks Zoloft help!!!!

Hello fellow members  Today marks 6 weeks I’ve been on Zoloft. I was put on 50 for a week then up to 100 for 3 weeks and I think it was too soon so my doc put me back down to 50 which I’ve been on for 2 weeks since. ( sorry if that’s confusing) I still don’t have much appetite and I have on and...

Last reply
  • Sertraline - My 4week Update

Hello All... This is just a quick update into my journey so far and my 1st month on sertraline... Its not the best yet, but Im still hanging in there and hoping im gradually getting passed the worst... (fingers crossed) I was initially prescribed this med for anxiety   So Im 4weeks in......

Last reply
  • Sertraline & flu

I've been on sertraline for 4 months now finally reached 200mg for the past 12 days still waiting for sertraline to work, I haven't felt my normal self since June last year! Anyways I have had flu the past 4 days and it seems to make everything a million times worse, I am already stuck in my...

Last reply
  • Cold Turkey off 100mg Sertraline day 6

I have read so many blogs and took the courage to go cold turkey myself, but it is different for me so I thought I should post a blog to help others.  It is day 6 off 100mg sertraline (been on them for two and a half years) I didn'd understand what the brain 'zaps' were - I do now -...

Last reply
  • Morning Anxiety!

Hi Everyone! I've battled anxiety all of my life and have been on two different SSRIs to try and get hold of this. Back in May 2017 I stopped taking my sertraline as I thought I'd be okay. However in December everything came crashing down. I've been back on 50mg for about 11 days now but...

Last reply
  • Sertraline don't be scared it works with the right dosage.

Hi all, for nearly 3yrs I was on sertraline, at the beginning it was awful. Dizziness, lack of interest, mood swings tired loss of appetite throwing up headaches and so on. I started at 25mg till we found the right dosage for me and that was 150mg. At this stage I was ok no anxiety, no panic attacks...

Last reply
  • Zoloft

I stopped Zoloft after being on it for 9 days the side effects were too much for me. I lost my appetite all together. I stopped it three days ago. Any idea when it might return? 

Last reply
  • Feeling really awful starting sertraline- checking with others.

Hi everyone, On day 4 of 25mg sertraline for anxiety. Feel okay some parts of the day and others are absolutely terrible. When it is bad, I am talking really bad. Feel like my head is going to explode, become very nauseous and have had the dry heaves and vomiting. Neck and shoulder tension. Severe anxiety...

Last reply
  • New to Sertraline with migraine

Hi I've been reading with interest. I've only been taking for 2 days & been up since 4am with migraine/sickness. I've been prescribed 50mg. I'm thinking of halving the dose for a few days. I don't think I can be this rough long term. I thought I'd got a bug but it's...

Last reply
  • Sertraline Day 25 and still feeling rubbish :(

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have recently started taking 50mg sertraline for anxiety/depression. I am still experiencing nausea which is better on some days but most of the time I'm still struggling to eat. I also thought my mood was improving but the past 2 days have been awful and...

Last reply
  • Day 12, 50mg sertraline...no improvement yet!

Hi all! Just wondering when you all started feeling improvement? My anxiety is still through the roof, appetite not great, tired and vision a tad blurry at times. I'm supposed to go from 50mg to 100mg after 14 days but am worried that side effects will get every worse. Am currently doing very little...going...

Last reply
  • Good and bad days??

Hello! I’ve been on Sertraline for 2 weeks (25mg for 10 days, 50mg for the last 5). I had a period of some good days and a few times, I thought this was it! I’m cured! But then I’m set back by a string of bad days. Or I have really good nights and then my morning/most of the day are filled with anxiety....

Last reply
  • Waiting game and praying !!!

Reading some of the journeys on here fills me with hope at least !!!!!!  I’m on 50mg Sertraline and been taking for 3 weeks or just over.  So far I’ve had 4 days after week 2 where I felt so good now back to edgy, negative thoughts and paranoia. Was dissapointed as I thought after week 2 it...

Last reply
  • Restarting Sertraline

I have been on Sertraline for more than 8 months at 250mg but quit cold turkey. I am experiencing withdrawal symptons and going back on it. I have been on a break for close to 3 weeks. What dose should i restart with? Any suggestions will be appteciated. Thanks

Last reply
  • Heart rate 47

Just wondering if Zoloft can lower your heart rate? Today I feel very weak and hard to breathe. I took my heart rate and it’s between 47 and 63. Ughh

Last reply
  • Alternating with Sertraline

Hi , I was wondering if anyone could help , I've been on sertraline for the past 2 months , started on 50mg then upped to 100mg then decided I wanted to higher the dose to 125mg , however my doctor stated they don't do the 125mg but they do 150mg , she suggested I take 100mg one day , then take...

Last reply
  • Day 2 on sertraline and I feel really awful

I’ve has anxiety on and off for years, I have been on sertraline the before but at the same time I was self medicating with alcohol I really was in a bad place, I’ve been sober for over 2 years but anxiety back with a vengeance so instead or a glass of wine to calm I went to the doctor.. I took 50mg...

Last reply
  • Anyone have sinus issues???

Been on 100mg of sertraline for a week now - prescribed for severe anxitey attacks. Previously took sertraline but that was a few years ago. I'm getting the usual problems - dry mouth, inability to sleep etc but this time I am also getting a streaming nose and extremely sore sinuses. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Sertraline and sleepiness

Hi everyone I've been taking Sertraline for just over 9 weeks, 50mg for just over 7 weeks and 75mg for two weeks. I had severe side effects when I started, these eased during the first three weeks, slight side effects when I increased. They have mostly gone. But, I am so sleepy! Not tired, just...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.