Skip to content

Sertraline

Also known as Lustral, Zoloft

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • How long before a difference?

I stopped taking setraline after 13 days as my depression and sickness was overwhelming. How long before anyone noticed an improvement as I will start again at some point 

Last reply
  • its working!? Update.

Hi everyone! how you all doing? Hope your all good and hanging in there. I just wanted to give update on my sertaline experience. Sorry not been on here for a few weeks, minds been somewhere else, (nothing new there) Anyways, just wanted to let you know how its going with me. For you guys that didn& …

Last reply
  • How long does day time tiredness last?

Quick question, I’m on 50 mg sertraline and have been for about 7 1/2 weeks, it is working so well for my GAD no problems there, but I’m so freaking tired during the day. I take my tablet in the morning by the way. How long does the tiredness last I’ve heard months even years! Would love to hear …

Last reply
  • Hi all! Has anyone experienced, muscle/joint pain

Hi all! Has anyone experienced, muscle/joint pain since starting sertaline. In the last 3 weeks i have started getting stiff painful muscle pain in the muscles and elbow joint of my right arm, bit like Ive torn a muscle or pulled a muscle, stiff and sore. but Ive done neither, it hurts to even pick …

Posted
  • Nytol sleeping aid

So about twenty mins ago I took a nytol tablet to help me sleep as I’m exhausted didn’t take my sertraline today as doctor advised but il b back on it tomorrow and the propranolol I don’t feel drowsy from the nytol I just want sleep 

Last reply
  • Will going back to 25mg decrease muscle tension?

As the title says, will lowering the dose help? Because I didn't have that much tension in my jaws and necks the first two weeks when I was on 25mg. Since on 50 (3 weeks now) I clench my Jaws and tense my neck and shoulder muscles a lot unconciously, which, I notice, also influences the tension …

Posted
  • Really need advise please! Long story...

Today I seen psych doctor.  I started at 25 mgs sertraline for 2 weeks then now been on 50 mgs for 21 days/. I still have anxiety stuff and he told me that If im still having side effects that this is the way it’s going to be and suggested I try celexa or remeron.   I  am also …

Last reply
  • Feeling sick on a morning

Hi all I have been on set since Nov 17 and altho much better I still feel nauseous and wobbly on a morning and still have a few depressed days . I started on 50 for 12 weeks then the rest on 100 so was wondering if it's time for an increase in dose . Any advice with a similar situation would be …

Last reply
  • Thinking of going back taking zoloft at night

The first night I took Zoloft it kept me awake so I switch to mornings. Been on it only for 3 weeks 50 mg. I want to see about taking at night now since I do better taking pills at night. Has anyone had insomnia in the beginning and then switch to nights and now you can sleep well?

Last reply
  • Back on Sertraline

Hi everyone, I’m really disappointed to be writing this as I have previously written two posts, one about my journey with Sertraline and how I eventually got back to my happy self and the second about how I successfully came off Sertraline 9 months ago. Unfortunately I have had to come back onto …

Last reply
  • Three weeks and still anxiety. Increase dose?

I started at 25mg first week then doctor put me on 50mg. I'm in my third week and still feeling lots of anxiety. I'm still not sleeping well. I called my doctor and I'm waiting to see if she will improve a dose increase. You think this will help?

Last reply
  • PLEASE READ

Could people please list the side effects they had with first few weeks of sertraline not sure if I’m over worrying thanks

Last reply
  • Sertraline nearly 1 year in

I just wanted to share my experience I was in a bad place constantly worrying what people thought, I didn't sleep, it got to the point that I honestly thought I was losing my mind, I'd lie awake 3 nights every week, worry about every work meeting etc etc ... I was exhausted fed up and very …

Last reply
  • Having an 'attack' on sertraline

Has anyone taking these for anxiety had an attack since starting sertaline and find it makes them feel like they lost a few weeks progress. Its quite frustrating as it kind of came out of nowhere. What would your advice be, get straight back on the horse or take a few days at home to reset? Thanks …

Last reply
  • Sertraline Withdrawal .. Does it go away?

Hi. I just wondered if anyone had been through sertraline withdrawal and got better? I look on the internet and can't find anything positive about ssri withdrawal, particularly sertraline. I guess when people stop posting, it means they've got better. All I seem to see is posts from people …

Last reply
  • 9 Week Roller coaster - Need Some Advice

I experienced my first panic attack three years ago and had really bad lingering generalized anxiety for months after.  I was prescribed Buspar and over time the anxiety went away.  Fast forward to about three months ago the generalized anxiety started to come back pretty bad, i believe …

Last reply
  • Anxiety

How long will it take for ser to start helping with my anxiety? Started with lexapro to prozac to Zoloft now. I can’t  handle much more of this, it’s getting out of control. I do have  Clonazepam but not really helping. 

Last reply
  • Has anyone NOT gained weight on sertraline

I am just curious if anyone has been on a high dose for a while and did not gain weight??   Pleeeease offer me hope! Please let me know dose and die how long you’ve been on and any weight experience.  

Last reply
  • Thanks everyone 😁

Just wanted to say I only joined this group a few days ago, but am really impressed with you all, very helpful, kind, and supportive; much appreciated.  Its is amazing what a boost it is to be able to 'talk' openly with people that really understand.....  Thanks 👍🏼 …

Last reply
  • Setraline - day 13 - thoughts!!

Hi,  I’m just wanting a bit of advice and glimmer of hope!! I’ve been on setraline 50mg for  the last 13 days with some good days but then some very bad days..The intrusive thoughts I’m having are sometimes with me all day still,  the thoughts are all awful/negative things ie death! …

Last reply
  • Good day ❤️

So past two weeks have been crap for me since starting sertraline but yesterday my appetite came back no side effects as such had a really good day hoping for the same today  I know I’m not out the woods just yet but hey ho xxx hope everyone has a brill day ❤️

Last reply
  • Third week sleep getting a bit better

Last night I didn't take any sleep meds. I was so sleepy about 8. I finally got in bed at 9:30 but couldn't fall asleep right away. It was around 11 that I did. I slept great till 3am. I got up to use the bathroom. I couldn't go back to sleep right away and then my sleep was broken …

Last reply
  • Upping Zoloft from 50 to 75 . Positive feedback please!

Hello fellow members I was on 50 mg for 8 weeks with some slight improvement but was not where I wanted to be. I still experienced anxiety which cause me to hardly eat. I upped my dose to 75mg today and I just really want to hear some positive insight and stories from those who upped their dose …

Last reply
  • Trying to come off but struggling with symptoms

Hi everyone. I’ve been off and on sertraline for 2 to 3 years now due to anxiety, deep thinking and maybe a bit depression . I haven’t been persistent with courses Ie missing some and failing to get repeats! This really hasn’t helped attall and maybe not being as sensible as I should,,These last …

Last reply
  • When will it help?

So I started with 25mg five weeks ago and upped to 50 mg on which I have been for three weeks now. But I still wake up feeling anxious, still have panic attacks and feel stressed/anxious. My doc says to give this dose some more time, and I will see him again in two weeks. Is there hope that within …

Last reply
  • Feeling shaky or nervous inside???

Hi ! Ive been on zoloft for 3 weeks....10days at 25mg and one week at 50mg. I feel exhausted and tired from when I get up to bedtime....litteraly all day. Since a few days, I also feel sort of shaking. Like if my body is nervous or something. Its really not pleasant to feel this way. Is this …

Last reply
  • When will sleep improve

I know I may of asked this to you guys before but I have made it to my second week today.  Nausea and loss of appetite is slowly going away.  My mood seems better, I have more energy except for the morning that is the toughest.  My doctor said she would like for me to take it at …

Last reply
  • Withdrawal

I was only on setraline for 13 days and have gone straight back to mirtazapine and my withdrawal is deep depression and NO motivation. I’m feeling ten times worse than when I started 

Posted
  • Old habits are so hard to break!

I’ve suffered with agoraphobia since 2012.  I’ve tried various meds with minimal results and here I am again.   So far this has gotten me the farthest with getting out the door and going places/. The problem is getting out the door!  If this meds helps with anxiety then why do I …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.