Skip to content

Sertraline

Also known as Lustral, Zoloft

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Apprehensive about taking sertraline

I have been suffering on and off for years with anxiety and depression, I have been described Sertraline, the thought of taking it frightens me, after reading all the blogs, I am more confused about it, but once thinking that I also think, if I feel crap now then what’s the difference in feeling bit...

Last reply
  • Sertraline for OCD/anxiety

I've been on 50mg Sertraline for nearly 4 weeks now and have felt no improvement in my OCD/anxiety , if anything I've felt my symptoms are worse. Has anyone had any success with taking it and how long does it usually take to work?. I've been suffering for years and am desperate to have some...

Last reply
  • Sertraline don't be scared it works with the right dosage.

Hi all, for nearly 3yrs I was on sertraline, at the beginning it was awful. Dizziness, lack of interest, mood swings tired loss of appetite throwing up headaches and so on. I started at 25mg till we found the right dosage for me and that was 150mg. At this stage I was ok no anxiety, no panic attacks...

Last reply
  • Titrating up on zoloft

Help.Ive been on 12.5 mg of zoloft for 10 days and my doctor wants me to slowly up my dose by 3mgs every week as i am sensitve to meds and she doesnt want me to quit from any side effects.Has anyone else went so slow to get to 25mgs?

Last reply
  • Weak legs

I have been suffering with random arm numbness since starting working. For some time and had done a MRI with no abnormalities all healthy. I have been suffering with bad arm numbness in both arms for months and was given sertaline. 

Posted
  • Why so long to work

My Gp told me Sertraline can take six to eight weeks to kick in. However, another GP told me to say it shoudn’t take that long , totally confused who do you believe. Or should I give longer.

Last reply
  • Panic attack

I’ve been having pains in my pectoral muscles and it scares me that it’s my heart.  They are so painful especially on the left side. Sometimes it shoots pain.  Just freaking out right now!!

Last reply
  • So tired!

I have been on Sertraline for 7 weeks now and feel so much better for it, I am currently taking 100mg. Main problem I now have is day time tiredness.  I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat during the day and I can't seem to shake the feeling.  I generally sleep fine at night - 11pm through...

Last reply
  • Leg weakness with Sertaline

Hello, I have been suffering with random arm numbness since starting working. For some time and had done a MRI with no abnormalities all healthy. I have been suffering with bad arm numbness in both arms for months and was given sertaline. As the condition may be neurogenic from my doctors advice The...

Last reply
  • Dealing with the bad days

Today I feel I have taken a huge step backwards.  I have only been back on sertraline a few weeks so I know it’s early days but I had been really starting to feel better and then today, for god knows what reason, anxiety is full on again.  Finally gave in just now and took diazepam but I know...

Last reply
  • Upping Zoloft from 50 to 75 . Positive feedback please!

Hello fellow members I was on 50 mg for 8 weeks with some slight improvement but was not where I wanted to be. I still experienced anxiety which cause me to hardly eat. I upped my dose to 75mg today and I just really want to hear some positive insight and stories from those who upped their dose and...

Last reply
  • Does it get better

Hey i suffer from severe anxiety deppresion i just started 100mg sertaline so far i still feel same even worse its hard get out bed my heart pounds when i get up im weak and dizzy no appetite at all nausea im hoping all of this well change

Last reply
  • Upset tummy

How long does the upset stomach side effect last?  I don’t get nauseous, just constant upset stomach, especially right after I take the pill. I am 3 weeks in at 50mg. 

Last reply
  • Ive lost weight on sertraline ive

Hi People. .was wondering if anyone else has lost weight with being on sertraline. . I have. .and I'm starting to worry. .as I'm thin as it is. .your input would be helpful. .thanku

Last reply
  • Sertraline Diary

31st March 2018. Having read the huge number of posts about this drug, and the side effects associated with it, I thought it might be helpful to start a diary of my own experience as I am new to it and wonder whether others can relate to what I'm going through. If this diary can be of mutual benefit...

Last reply
  • Sleep and Sertaline

Hi everyone, Hope u all doing well, okay so I have been on sterlaine for about a month now, the main reason for going on it was because I suffer from insomnia/ Anxiety and don’t sleep much. I am tired and exhausted all the time. I actually can’t remeber a time where I feel refreshed and not tired. ...

Last reply
  • My Sertraline (Success!) Story

I made a promise to myself when I first started on Sertraline (which seems like an eternity ago!) that I would write my story when I felt "good" on it & "back to normal." My journey started in December 2017- I had never suffered from Anxiety or Depression but after a misdiagnosis...

Last reply
  • Cold Turkey off 100mg Sertraline day 6

I have read so many blogs and took the courage to go cold turkey myself, but it is different for me so I thought I should post a blog to help others.  It is day 6 off 100mg sertraline (been on them for two and a half years) I didn'd understand what the brain 'zaps' were - I do now -...

Last reply
  • Increasing 50 mg 75mg side affects

Hi everybody,  Can somebody give me advice on how they felt when they had to increase there Sertraline . My GP said 50 mg wasn’t working for me that’s why I was still feeling depressed and Axiours. He wanted to increase it from 50 mg to a100mg, However, I said I would try 75mg first to see how...

Last reply
  • First day on Sertraline...Is this supposed to happen?

I have been diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety. The doctor has gave me Sertraline 50mg. I have only been on it one day so far and already i cant sleep, have headaches, havent eaten, im tired but my eyes are not shutting. I also feel queasy. And also 'numb'. My jaw is also clamping together...

Last reply
  • feeling Much better

Have been on sertraline for just over 12 weeks now. Started on 50mg, doctor upped dose to 100 after only 2 weeks felt terrible. Could function, didn’t sleep at all for A week. Zoplicone didn’t work either.  The only thing that helped me to get back into pattern of sleeping was to take 3 x diazepam...

Last reply
  • Side effects

I've been on this drug sertraline for 2 months now and still get the odd numb tingly feeling and nausea even shaking a bit should this not have subsided by now only good thing is I sleep better than I was

Last reply
  • My Sertraline Story!!

Hi im a 32 year old female. Im married with 2 children. About 12 weeks ago I started to get awful anxiety, I was stressing about the least little thing and turning small things into massive over the top things. I started doing breathing exercises and taking herbal remedies, reading books and going...

Last reply
  • Paxil

I was prescribed Paxil 25mg for anxiety/depression,I haven't been taking it because I think the dose is too high for a first timer...I'm just wondering if anyone has ever got a 25 mg dose for their first time....

Last reply
  • sertraline, how long before it works?

Hi, I was prescribed sertraline on thursday for anxiety, Ive suffered with it since I was 11 after my dad's sudden death, I used to have panic attacks regularly as a child. I'm now 25 with a 4 and 2 year old and its began to get worse, my 4 yr old is in pre school and I get really anxious about...

Last reply
  • Sertraline causing diarrhoea

HI, I suffer with IBS-D and also anxiety. My Dr started me on sertraline for my anxiety, which I have been taking for about 5 or 6 weeks now, 50mg daily. On the 4th day of taking it, I had quite a bad bout of diarrhea - a bit worse than my usual IBS so I thought maybe it was the sertraline causing it....

Last reply
  • Side effects of coming off sertraline

I recently weened off 75mg of sertraline after taking it for anxiety for 10 months. I found out my anxiety was caused by vestibular neuritis and since that had improved I wanted to stop the sertraline. Im wondering what others side effects of coming off have been? So far Ive had stomach issues, nausea,...

Last reply
  • Sertraline and panic reactions

I have a heart arrhythmia problem and have been suffering from anxiety. Was prescribed sertraline and took just 25mg once 3 days ago in the morning. After 8 hours it triggered my arrythmia which I controlled using bisoprolol but since then have been prone to extreme anxiety that I have never felt before....

Last reply
  • Time of day for zoloft?

Gotta a question, the other day I didn't take my zoloft until 2p.m. The reason was I had a doctor's appt concerning my blurry eye. Asked the doctor if I can take my pill now since I usually take it at 9a.m he said yes no problem. The next morning I wroke up and did not have my usual anxiety....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.