Skip to content

Sertraline

Also known as Lustral, Zoloft

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is this caused by Zoloft? Or is it something else?

Hi all, My issue started when I began taking steraline (zoloft) for my anxiety but I'm not sure if my issues are related to that since I started having stomach pains (kind of like period pain without being on my period) before taking them as a single symptom. But a couple of days into taking steraline...

Last reply
  • Why so long to work

My Gp told me Sertraline can take six to eight weeks to kick in. However, another GP told me to say it shoudn’t take that long , totally confused who do you believe. Or should I give longer.

Last reply
  • Sertraline and Insomnia. Does it ever go away??

Anyone at all on here that has taken Zoloft and has insomnia, does the insomnia EVER go away? From what I have read on iodine, this antidepressant is one that is guaranteed to cause insomnia long term while taking it. What's the point of taking the medicine to get better if you're miserable without...

Last reply
  • Chapped Lips from Sertraline?

Hello, has anyone else developed chapped lips whilst taking Sertraline?  I’ve developed chronic chapped lips. I’ve been taking 25 then to 50 ml S for over 6 weeks. Thanks S mates, - x kat

Last reply
  • Sertraline Experience and Weight Loss

I've been on 50mg since Feb 2017.  In Feb/March I lost about 2lbs and then from April-June another 11lbs all without trying.  I didn't change my exercise or diet routines. Has this happened to anyone else?  Just curious. I do have some insomnia, and sweating, and a few other...

Last reply
  • Hi everone!

Hi! This isn't a discussion or a topic. I just wanted to say. I hope you all had a good weekend and are doing well! P.S thanks to everyone here, its helped me a lot, just knowing im not alone with this. so anyways have a good week folks. Thanks again to you all G

Last reply
  • New to Sertraline (Zoloft)

Here goes nothing. (LONG POST) These forums having been my only small hope for the past (almost) 2 weeks. I'm going to share my story and progress in hopes it helps someone one day (plus I could seriously use the extra motivation). I've always OVER thought and stressed out about EVERYTHING, and...

Last reply
  • Week 9 update

Hey guys, just thought id update yall.  Its week 9, i took 25mg for 2weeks, then 50mg for 2 weeks and now its been 4 weeks on 75mg.  The past 2 weeks were okay, im not having insomnia anymore, if anything i sleep too much. Anxiety has been managable, its still there but not nearly as bad. My...

Last reply
  • Week 5

Hi, I’m on week 5 of 50mg & back to feeling horrendous! I had a medication review a week ago & asked to get a represcription as I was running out. I was given another 28 days worth but the tablets were under a different brand name. I was on ‘accord’ & this new packet is made by a company...

Last reply
  • Vivid Dreams - how long did they last?

Anyone experienced the vivid dreams, if so do you still get them or did they eventually go away? I've had vivid dreams before starting sertraline but since starting 3 weeks (50 mg) the dreams and crazy every night. Usually have 2 dreams a night, 1 will be just kinda weird and almost normal but another...

Last reply
  • Constant runny stools

I’ve been on sertrine for over 7 months with great results to help my anxiety! I did have side effects like a lot of you at the start and even runny stools which all got better with time.. However the last 3 months I’ve had constant runny stools up to 6 times a day and also lower back pains. Any one...

Last reply
  • I've been bed bound for 6 months

I've recently just got anxiety really bad started 6 mnths ago trying all kinds of medication now I'm on sertraline and been on it for 4 weeks now and still feeling dizzy and sad and want to go out but I carnt as I can practily stand on me feet for like 5 mins it's scarey and heartbreaking...

Last reply
  • Side effects

I upped my dosage on Wednesday to150mg from 125mg. How long do the side effects usually last?  I have got no appetite again and my sleep is very hit and miss, waking up every hour. I am feeling slightly better in myself but the anxiety is still there. Any help would be appreciated xx

Last reply
  • Muscle pain 

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.  I am on 50mg of Sertraline, week 3. I have had the worst two weeks where i was sick, dizzy, anxious, loss of appetite and ironically even more depressed than beginning. The last two days i have had the worst aches in my calfs. Has anyone else ever had this side...

Last reply
  • Will this weight gain end???

Seriously...I've been on sertraline for 9 months now (there was a break of a few weeks when I was trying Cymbalta for anxiety and pain but was not happy so I switched back).  Anyway, I understood my initial weight gain.  I had an appetite again.  But then I saw the scale going up a...

Last reply
  • Feeling rubbish

Hi  I’m new to this site and need some support from you guys.  I feel absolutely hideous right now and just want it to stop.  I was put on sertraline 6 weeks ago due to very low mood because of insomnia. The first 4 weeks at 25mg  was a god send and I slept and felt tons better. Doctor...

Last reply
  • Hi all! What time of day do you take sertaline?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering what time of day do you take your sertaline, and why? Was just curious, as im still trying to find the best time for me. Honestly this isnt a survey! lol, well maybe it kinda is, lol. Just ive been trying different times, like morning time, night time mid day, and for...

Last reply
  • Severe lower back pain!!

I was on the Sertraline for a week. All of sudden I woke up with severe lower back and butt pain on my right side. This was only Thing I did different in my daily routine. I stopped taking the Sertraline!!!! I literally had difficulty standing, bending and doing simply every day tasks!!!!...

Posted
  • Coming up to 6 weeks on Sertraline

Hello, its my firs ttime posting on here after reading many messages on the forum already.  I started Sertraline around 5 !/2 weeks ago.  I started with the horrible side effects of insomnia, heightened anxiety etc...both have subsided but am not yet feeling any real benefit.  My sleep...

Last reply
  • Coming off

Hi guys so I’m on week 5 of slowly coming off sertraline pretty much back to myself in a good way however still having odd things such as anxiety still bad ish on some days brain zaps memory problems and dizzy spells feeling sick also is this all still normal I take 1 every 3 days now x

Last reply
  • Advice

started on 50mg in Nov 17 for 16 weeks then upped to 100mg til now . I am still suffering side effects so was wondering if it's worth upping the dose again . Has anyone got any experience with this ?

Last reply
  • Sleep anxiety and steraline

Been on steraline for a while now started 50mg Than upped to 100mg I don’t think it’s done anything for my sleep which ch was the main reason for taking it I am happier but I was unhappy before just exhausted and very sleep deprived suffering from insomnia for so many years. I am having to take zopliclone...

Posted
  • Heartburn type aniexty

Hi, just want resurrance, this heartburn type feeling on head and throat, does it get better in time. On 100mg for 4 weeks now x

Last reply
  • Zoloft how long and side effects

I have started Zoloft 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks 25 mg then one week 50 mg then 1 week 75 mg. I am now going to start 100mg. I don’t find any change. I started this for anxiety but not I am depressed. Is this normal. How long does this take. I have not appetite and sad all the time. Dr says I am in too low...

Last reply
  • HELP!

I’ve been on sertraline 100mg for about 9 months now the start was horrendous but I got back on my feet and became so happy again, these past few days I’ve been quite down my heads felt a bit battered and I keep worrying over stupid things that shouldn’t really bother me I just have them going around...

Last reply
  • Any point in raising my sertraline dosage from 50mg?

Hi again everyone, I have a quick question. I've been on 50mg sertraline now for close to 3 weeks for GAD. It seems to be helping my anxiety a lot, not 100% but enough to where I'm noticing quite the difference. I know 50mg is a low dose so should I raise it higher or stay where I'm at for...

Last reply
  • Stomach acid

I haven’t taken my tablet today because last night my stomach felt like it was on fire and was so sore. It still feels a bit like that now. Is that normal? last time I had this feeling it was before I found out I had gall stones. X

Last reply
  • Week 9

Hi guys hope you are all doing good. Thought I would update on where I am at on 9th week at 50mg.   I am seeing results now, I am challenging myself to go out and do things, just the small things like shopping and visiting family etc but it’s getting easier.  Today I saw my gp as my hot flushes...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.