Skip to content
Ad

Sertraline

Also known as Lustral, Zoloft

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Anyone else feel extremely bad on first day?

Took my first dose of Sertraline (25mg) after about 4 hours I started to feel my Jaw clenching, my muscles were aching and I was getting extremely sweaty and jittery. It honestly felt like I was coming up on ecstasy except without the whole happiness influx. As soon who studies pharmacology at university...

Last reply
  • What do I do?

I was prescribed sertraline 2 days ago, for my anxiety and a little bit of depression. I wasn’t nervous about taking them as didn’t read the side effects before taking them (I wish I did) I feel like I’ve been on drugs or something? My pupils are huge, I’m just genially really scatty. I don’t want to...

Last reply
  • Is this just a blip?

I've been on Sertraline for around 4 weeks now, 3 weeks on 100mg and I was feeling much better. Yesterday however I started to feel really anxious and I slept really badly last night and have woken up feeling again awful today. Has anyone else had this on Sertraline? Is it just a blip? I thought...

Posted
  • Generics, can they make you feel this bad?

I have been on Sertraline for 8 months, it has been a slow but steady journey, I have been feeling my old self finally. Then when I got my prescription I noticed that it was a different generic. I thought nothing of it, but gradually through the week I have been on a downward spiral, anxious and a...

Last reply
  • Feeling really awful starting sertraline- checking with others.

Hi everyone, On day 4 of 25mg sertraline for anxiety. Feel okay some parts of the day and others are absolutely terrible. When it is bad, I am talking really bad. Feel like my head is going to explode, become very nauseous and have had the dry heaves and vomiting. Neck and shoulder tension. Severe anxiety...

Last reply
  • Sertraline and Stomach problems

Hello me again. Another anxiety i have about sertraline is that it can (or does) increase somach acid and can cause stomach problems/bleed/pain/nausea etc. What are people's experiences about these things? For info I had haemorragic gastritis and have to take a low dose PPI - lanzoprazole - i would...

Last reply
  • Sertraline - Headaches

Hello all... just curious to know peoples experiences / coping techniques in relation to headaches while starting Sertraline?? From the start this seems to be one of my more recurring side effects, but I have days were I dont get them so im not too worried and accept it as all part of the process. ...

Last reply
  • Sertraline Withdrawal .. Does it go away?

Hi. I just wondered if anyone had been through sertraline withdrawal and got better? I look on the internet and can't find anything positive about ssri withdrawal, particularly sertraline. I guess when people stop posting, it means they've got better. All I seem to see is posts from people who've...

Last reply
  • SERTRALINE - start up effects

Day 7 and feeling very nauseaus , no appetite, anxiety and I would like to give this med a fair shot as there are some good stories out there.  I am on 25 mg the lowest dose as I am very sensitive to antidepressants.  Anyone can give me any positive thoughts to hang in there?  is this...

Last reply
  • So scared to start sertraline!

I was prescribed 50mg of sertraline yesterday and stop my citalopram because it has stopped working I've felt so I'll for 3 months severe anxiety and panic attacks I've been crying and feel hopeless! I drank a bottle of vodka the other morning because I'm so fed up, I took 2 sleeping...

Last reply
  • New to sertraline

I was on citalopram for 7 years but it has pooped out and made my anxiety horrendous so I haven't had one for 2 days the doctor has prescribed me sertraline and I really don't want to feel any worse then I do....I'm at the point of feeling fed up, anxious and scared! I've been like this...

Last reply
  • Insomnia with Sertraline

I've been on Sertraline for just over a week now after changing from Mirtzapine. I started off on 25mg for one week then increasing to 50mg. I have had the worst sleep ever since I started this. I'm still wide awake at 3 and 4am, worst night I was still awake at 5.30am. I've never been a...

Last reply
  • No energy, no motivation

I'm 4 weeks into Sertraline 50mg for anxiety. Whilst my anxiety is fractionally better, I'm exhausted all the time, I have zero energy or motivation. This is unlike me even when I am anxious. I just want to sleep, I have no interest in anything and I just feel like it's a struggle to get...

Last reply
  • Good Days/Bad Days

I am just looking for some reassurance.  I have taken Zoloft for many years and know that it works great for me,  but I recently upped my dose after also recently dropping it,  and I am just ready to have more good days than bad.  I take it for extreme anxiety and I think I am probably...

Last reply
  • Sertraline - Does it make you feel happy??

Good Morning all... I know this may seem a silly question, but I was just curious to know about the end goal of Sertraline...  Ive read many posts about how this medication has helped with reducing peoples panic attacks, negative thinking, health anxiety, ocd etc (and helped people to focus better...

Last reply
  • My Sertraline Story!!

Hi im a 32 year old female. Im married with 2 children. About 12 weeks ago I started to get awful anxiety, I was stressing about the least little thing and turning small things into massive over the top things. I started doing breathing exercises and taking herbal remedies, reading books and going...

Last reply
  • Anyone moved from Citalopram to Sertraline with success?

Hi there - I've been on Citalopram for about 5 months now (20mg) and although I've experienced some improvements, I'm still struggling quite badly with anxiety, particularly waking up with feelings of dread. I sometimes get anxiety quite badly in group / social situations due to low self-esteem...

Last reply
  • Feeling 100 x worse

Hi. Im just about to start my 5th week on 100mg, been on Sertraline for about 6 months in total. Feeling really down and just generally unwell and my thoughts have returned to square one. Should i go back down to 75?

Last reply
  • Wild Dreams on Zoloft

I have been on sertraline for 2 weeks now and most of the side effects (besides drowsiness and loss of appetite) have passed. However, I have been having some super crazy dreams lately. Is this normal? And does it go away?

Last reply
  • Sertraline nearly 1 year in

I just wanted to share my experience I was in a bad place constantly worrying what people thought, I didn't sleep, it got to the point that I honestly thought I was losing my mind, I'd lie awake 3 nights every week, worry about every work meeting etc etc ... I was exhausted fed up and very very...

Last reply
  • How long should I give sertraline?

Sertraline for extreme anxiety. One week at 25mg, five weeks at 50mg, 4 days at 75mg. Very small positive impact so far. I have the option of continuing with Sertraline and upping the dose to 100mg in two weeks time or tapering off and swapping to pregabalin. Anyone got any views on what I shou;d do?

Last reply
  • Tiredness

Does anyone find setraline makes them extremely tired? I think before I started taking it anxiety used to make me tired as and when I had a particularly stressful time. But 1 year in and every evening I'm done in. Feel so heavy I can't move. Just wondering if this is a common side effect or if...

Last reply
  • Zoloft side effects please help me feel better

Hello everyone my name is Matt I'm 39 and I'm not sure where to start Long story short I was prescribed Zoloft and clonapin around 18ish for panic attacks.  I've been on them for 20 years and about 5 months ago weened off with dr help.   I was thinking of just trying to...

Last reply
  • Day 25

I posted this on Richard's super post about his 8 week journey but then decided to start my own thread.  This is me so far:  I'm on Day 25 of 50mg. I have health anxiety, in which insomnia becomes my greatest fear and focus, which is kind of ironic when taking a med that can give...

Last reply
  • Still not great

hi all been on sertraline for 6 months 4weeks on 200mg when will I feel well again still having some rubbish days GP very understanding and has added some diazapam also having CBT JUST FEELING LOST AND VERY TIRED MOST OF THE TIME 

Last reply
  • Increase from 100 to 150mg

Hi all, I know this has been covered at times on here, but I just wanted some reassurance if possible. Did people find an increase from 100 to 150mg more easy in terms of side effects than the side effects caused when you start from scratch at 50mg? My psychiatrist has recommended I increase immediately...

Last reply
  • Zoloft for 18 days..will it get better?

Been on generic 18 days, feeling better...but worse. That make sense? Having severe headaches, bad stomach...and heughtened anxiety where I am more in my head greaking out in case i freak out lol...but I'm not actually panicking...will this pass

Last reply
  • Sertraline 50mg

Was anyone else kind of scared to start this medicine? This may sound baby-ish but I’m so nervous about the side effects. My doc said I could start with half a tablet for a week then move to the full tablet the 2nd week. Not really sure if that will make a difference. I know I won’t know until I try...

Last reply
  • 150mg sertraline blip

I upped to 150mg sertraline on the 22nd of august this year 2017 for ocd anxiety...was back to my 100% normal self then the past two days anxious again but better today my question is...was this a blip? Would appreciate your opinions Thank you😇

Last reply
  • 2 weeks on Sertraline

Just after some reassurance that things will get better. I'd been on Sertraline for 12 years and gradually reduced it over time, because I was stable. After I came off completely I started having panic attacks so I made the decision to start it again, all with doctors advice. That was about 2 weeks...

Last reply
  • Sertraline - my 8 week story

Today is my 8th week on 50mg of Sertraline and unlike a lot of people once they start to feel better, I thought I'd try and give a little encouragement to help you hang in there as it REALLY is worth it. I also struggles to find many people on this 'start up' dose for any length of time...

Last reply
  • Tattoo and sertraline

Hi. Does anyone know if it’s safe to have a tattoo while on sertraline. i want a small one on my wrist. thanks in advance   

Posted
  • sertraline, how long before it works?

Hi, I was prescribed sertraline on thursday for anxiety, Ive suffered with it since I was 11 after my dad's sudden death, I used to have panic attacks regularly as a child. I'm now 25 with a 4 and 2 year old and its began to get worse, my 4 yr old is in pre school and I get really anxious about...

Last reply
  • 3 and a half weeks in, ready to throw the towel in.

I've been on Sertraline three and a half weeks, worked up to 50mg from 25g during week one. I feel horrible still. I had insane increase in anxiety for the first two weeks. Now my anxiety is still bad but not as intense. I was taking it for anxiety in the first place and I've not seen any improvement....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.