Muscle Twitching - Sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Ive been on Sertraline (50mg) from December 2023 then been recently increased to 100mg. Has anyone experienced muscle twitches whilst on these? Ive been thinking thoughts about a neurological disorder but im now thinking that the twitches started are became apparent after taking these tablet.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello! You are in the exactly same position as me. Began on 50mg in December and then increased to 100mg. I also suffered from really bad muscle twitches. I thought it was neurological also, but after speaking to my GP and browsing on here, it is merely a side effect. My twitches have mainly subsided now. I still get the occasional one but nowhere near as frequent or bad. So please be assured, they are common and merely a side effect. Hope that helps!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I will speak to my GP. Has anyone else experienced the same?

• Posted

how long did the twitches last? im 37 male, still concerned about neurological disorders. obviously googled and saw the worst

• Posted

At their worst, they lasted a good few weeks. My whole body was jerking and my limbs. It was quite scary and I was also fearing the worst. They have calmed down considerably, but I still get twitches. If you are concerned, then definitely speak to your GP 😃

• Posted

were they like flutters the twitches? could you physically see them?

• Posted

Yes, the jerks were really noticeable, my whole body would move. The twitches are physical and you can see them. Its like a vibration under the skin that you can see and feel.

• Posted

I have this too, plus buzzing in my feet, it's very off putting and hard to ignore. Dehydration makes it much worse. mine has lasted more than two years but isn't getting any worse the way I imagine something serious would.

It's so hard sometimes not to feel anxious about it, but I'm trying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.