Day 16 Sertraline- advice needed

Posted , 2 users are following.

So im on day 16 of Sertraline - I feel awful!

I've had 2 weeks off work to deal with the side effect and I just feel although I'm getting worse and its hard to remain positive.

This is my first time on antidepressants, I've always suffered with anxiety and agoraphobia and was home bound for 3 years. the last 7 years I've been okay, managing to deal with the panic attacks and be at work full time, travel etc. I few months ago I was panicking more and more to then being scared to leave the house or be alone.

The sides effects are feeling sick & dizzy, can't sleep, exhausting and this weird sorta menthol feeling across my chest and neck, either low heart rate or its so fast even a propanolol doesnt seem to be working . My anxiety is heightened to the point I can't get out the house and I'm suppose to be returning to work.

I've spoken to my GP that said to try stick it out until the 4 to 6 weeks but they might not be agreeing with me and need to switch.

Just looking for advice as I feel at a lost - my head is clearer don't get my wrong but I feel total stuck in a constant panic.

I'm on 50mg per day and still taking propanolol which I always have done.

Sorry for the negative post too.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

keep with it, it always gets worse before it gets better, id give it around 8 weeks and get more time off work, your still in very early days so give it more time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.