Sertraline week 5

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

ive been taking sertraline for nearly 5 weeks ive been having the odd goodish day and noticed thative started eating better i was having tension headaches up until this week which seem to have eased but now for the last couple of days ive been getting pins and needles in my legs and feel like they are internal shaking and in my head as well as feeling like my muscles are contracting? has any one else had this? im taking 50mg and i just want to feel myself ive never suffered with anxiety before but its crippling me 😦 im due to start a new job monday and im worrying that im not well enough

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Hi,

I´ve had internal shaking too when upping from 25 mg to 50 mg, again when moving to 100mg and i just been upped to 150 mg and the internal shaking and muscle stiffness returned... it might just be normal but I'm worried just like you, and I am no professional, just sharing the experience...

Maybe talk about it with your prescriber?

• Edited

maybe i think its more muscle twitching in my head, its deffo easing i think its more anxiety than the meds, will see how i go the next couple of weeks! they are deffo working so dont really want to change my meds, hope your ok x

• Posted

yeah muscle twitching seems to happen a lot, might be a bit of both anxiety and Sertraline.

And as for anxiety, I've learn from a doctor that Sertraline kind of increase anxiety and depression the first few weeks after starting and/or increasing the dose, so it´s likely what happened to you if you were not an anxious person before taking the meds!

• Edited

yes i was put on the meds for acute crippling anxiety, coming up to 6 weeks and deffo feeling some positives! hope you are to! x

• Edited

Ups and downs so far!

But it´s only been less than 2 weeks since I moved from 100mg to 150mg, so I might need to wait a bit before really getting better.

Nice to see it's beginning to work for you!

• Posted

Hey Katie, hope you dont mind me picking your brain a bit. I have been on 50mgs of Sertraline for 3.5 weeks now. I had horrendous side effects the first week, nearly every one listed! However, week 2/2.5 I picked up enough to start my new job and although had little wobbles throughout the day I was able to push through them. The past two days I seem to have gone backwards, yesterday I was having depersonalisation and distant waves, then i was crying about feeling that way and thinking the medication wasnt working. I was so wobbly all day yesterday. I went to a concert last night which was quite hard at parts but got home at 1am and have been waking at 5:30am every single morning the past week! I would usually wake up nauseaous/gagging but would get over it in an hour. However this morning I cannot shake it, I have intense butterflies in my stomach and chest/dry mouth/nausea/vomiting and just panicked that I'm feeling this way. Did you experience ups and downs like this and for how many weeks? I am getting so tired of this whole thing and just feel like quitting 😦

• Edited

Hi Lauren

3 and half weeks even though i saw some monior improvments i was still feeling unwell, ive been on my tablets 6 weeks and the last weekend i felt about 85% myself! i such a minor gradual improvements! they say to continue for at least 8 weeks then increase if no benifit! i also started a new job and i found going to work i really improved! you really have to fight and put the work in yourself to! you will get there! always here if you want to chat! i wasnt sleeping at all and was given promethazine (antihistamine) 5 weeks ago i really want to try and taper off them but scared i wont sleep! such a hard time but you will get through it 😃 inbox is always open xxx

• Posted

Hi. i started taking sertraline on the 1st December at 50mg , i started with muscle twitching involuntary all over my body. I thought something neurological was wrong. i went back to my doctor and was upped to 100mg. yet the twitching seemed more intense than before. i have now reduced back to 50mg as of a few days ago.

Question I have is did anyone else experience this ans how long did it last?

replies really welcome

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.