Chest pain after dosage increase

Posted , 2 users are following.

hia, i was on 25mg for 4 weeks, had no side effects, my mood improved but i was still anxious, my doctor decided to up my dose to 50mg, at first i was having hot sweats which i could deal with, ive now started having chest pain which will radiate into my arm, which then causes me to panic and i automatically go to worse case senario that im having heart attack, my anxiety seems alot worse when it comes to my health, ive been taking the 50mg for 12 days now.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

im also on 50mg and i get the same feeling. friday night i almost called an ambulance because it terrified me so much. the side effects are awful

• Posted

thank you so much for responding, how long have you been on it if you dont mind me asking

• Edited

im on day 17 and not having a good experience at all so far. people keep telling me it gets better but the pains make me feel otherwise so i 100% understand how youre feeling. its horrible! do you have any other side effects?

• Posted

literally, my anxiety is at its worst, i get the shakes and dizzness aswel, my appetite seems to have increased which is the only good side effect ive had as i had lost of lot of weight, ive honestly been so close to just stop taking it, but im choosing to have hope as hard as it is, but i hope things improve for you soon!

• Edited

we have more or less the same side effects. im getting shakes and dizziness too but my appetite has been gone lately, keep going though, you can get through it. hopefully it will ease for us both soon

• Posted

how you getting on? my chest pain seems to be going no where, ismonia is now a thing aswel for me, just feeling no improvement atm:(

• Posted

i actually went to the doctor today about my chest pain. she did checks and listened to my heart and lungs and said they both sounded fine. she said its down to the anxiety but that didnt stop me worrying so she booked me in for an ecg next week mainly to put my mind at rest. i also told her i couldnt handle these side effects so shes given me a prescription to try fluoxetine. i havent tried it yet but im stopping the sertraline. its definately not for me. the past few days ive had horrible stomach pain that seems to come late afternoon everyday, i cant eat because of it. what do your chest pains feel like?

• Posted

im glad that she said everything sounds fine! keep me updated on how you get on with the fluoxetine, my chest pains are like contractions, they come and go, but there like a sharp stabbing pain, they were really bad yesterday, i had them all day, ive woken up today and they seem to have gone, i just hope they stay gone!

• Posted

mine seem to have settled down now as well so hopefully theyll stay away for us both! mine were like stabbing pains as well so does sound more anxiety related even though theyre worrying. i havent been able to get my fluoxetine yet because the chemist is having trouble with deliveries! so as of yesterday im on nothing. but im still getting the dizziness, its annoying. how are your other symptoms?

• Edited

honestly, i havent had any more chest pain since so i hope im through it, i still get very dizzy and i have like hot flushes aswell, im still very anxious too, im just trying to give it time but its very bloody hard! i really hope the fluoxetine works for you when you finally manage to get it!

• Posted

fair play to you for sticking at it. i couldnt handle it. but its weird because ive been on sertraline on and off for a few years and ive been on 100mg with no side effects, this time it really hit me for 6! im on my 3rd day of not taking it and still feeling the effects but hopefully it will leave my system soon.

• Posted

i find it baffling how ill and horrible they can make you feel! & how are you feeling now any better?

• Posted

day 5 of coming off them now and i do feel a bit better, still got a bit of dizziness but apparently that can last up to a week or 2 after coming off so ill see how it goes. how are you getting on?

• Posted

good to hear you starting to feel better! &im starting to feel alot better myself, i havent had any more chest pains, just hot flushes still atm but there not as bad as they was, i can feel my mood lifting again tho still very anxious, i just keep telling myself its still early days:)

• Posted

aww thats good to hear, it looks like its starting to work for you. things can only get better from here on 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.