Sertraline and Muscle Twitches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

I have been on Sertraline 50mg since 31st December, so around 17 day.

I am have almost non stop muscle twitches in my feet and calves, it is in my left leg more than my right but happens in both. They are almost constant. At first i thought it was pins and needles but upon closer inspection i can see the muscles painlessly twitching.

Twitching is listed as uncommon in the medical leaflet and i have no other symptoms that would concern me in regards to Serotonin Syndrome.

Has anyone else experienced heavy twitching on these meds? If so, does this sound like what you went through?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

yup, sounds very familiar. did it subside for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.