Week 4 100mg sertraline feel so low. Please give me hope

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am on week 4 of 100 mgs of sertraline and feel so low.I was on 50mg for 13 weeks but this had no effect although my previous experiences 50mg has worked really well after 12 weeks.

I feel so frightened that I won't improve and this Forum is a place where I know people understand.Please if anyone has advice positive experiences I'd be so grateful.Thank you so much.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I certainly understand. It's an awful thing you're going through. I think you're doing the right thing by keeping going though. I'm on my second time taking Sert and it does seem to be taking longer to work. I'm noticing improvements - at around week 12 - but by no means there yet. Just understand you're not alone and believe that eventually you will return to your normal self.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply - this is so hard and I really appreciate your advice

• Posted

same here, it worked much quicker for me the first time. second tine around and omg it was horrible, but worth it in the end.

• Posted

It took eight weeks for me to start to feel at all better. Nine weeks and I felt much better. Two years in I am basically fine with very rare bad days. Keep going, sometimes it's a couple of weeks, I'm told usually five or more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.