Zopiclone and Sertraline

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am ten days into taking sertraline and feeling very shaky and nauseous. My doctor has also prescribed Zopiclone to help me sleep. Trouble is I don;t know what is causing this awful nausea - Is it my heightened anxiety, sertraline or zopiclone.

Anyone had similar? Would love to hear if you have/

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would say its the,sertraline, I didn't suffer nausia, but a lot of people I've read on here have. For me my anxiety increased, I took diazipam to help calm me.

Try and stick with it, the side affects will go. X

• Posted

Hi Jean its a bit of both i think, but the Sertraline really makes me feel really nauseous, been on it 6 and a half weeks, feeling much better but still get my nauseous days. Stick with it, it will get better.
    • Posted

Hi Jane, can I ask what dose your on? I'm on 50mg 3 weeks now. Bit better but still not 100%
    • Posted

Hi im on 50mg been on it 6 and a half weeks, its been a bit of a roller coaster, good days and bad but many more good days now thank goodness. How are you coping with it all?
    • Posted

Well I'm 3 weeks in, I was suicidal at the beginning, anxiety increased so much and depression was awful. Depression has lifted loads, but I'm still on edge, not that bad that I need to take diazepam. My appetite is much better. But my mind is still constantly racing thinking I'm still not me,and it gets me down. Saw doc yesterday, she's not increasing the dose yet and wants me on 50mg for anothe r 3 weeks how were you at 3 weeks??

Thank you Jane. X

• Posted

Hi i was up and down, very tearful and on edge it was awful , my first good day was about 4 and half weeks then it was up and down still but now levelling out although i still feel anxious at times and still wake up in the morning feeling weird somedays. I took Diazepam for the first weeks, that helped loads but im wary of it as its so addictive so ive resisted taking it since but its nice to know they are there if i have a really really bad day and hopefully that wont happen now.x
    • Posted

Ok, so its early days still for me. Yeah I get the weird feeling in the morning, like I dont know what I'm feeling? So do you feel almost 100% your normal self yet? Or do you think you will be increasing the dose soon?

I also resist the diazipam, I have a few in my cabinet , just makes me feel that I I really can't cope it there. X

• Posted

Hi , i feel about 80% at the mo, The doc did say something about going up to 100mg but im not sure i want to just yet i would rather give it a bit longer. i still dont want to go far from home, i wouldnt want to go on holiday or anything like that so i know im not back to the carefree person i was before this awful anxiety started, its been a nightmare, completely out of the blue panic attacks and nervous wreck and cant really say whats caused it. How long have you been like it? x
    • Posted

I know what you mean, I have been like I since end of September, so couple months now, it started when I was feeling a bit low begining of September, I went to the Dr, she gave me citalopram, I never ever believed antidepressants were good for you, and I believe I shouldn't of been prescribed them as I wasn't very depressed, just low. I took one tablet and had a massive panic attack, I thought I had gone mad, went to hospital, they said I had a bad reaction to citalopram. Obviously I didn't take anymore, but I kept on haveing more and more panick attacks and just a constant feeling of anxiety, tense and scared couldn't eat, then depression really set in. I couldn't cope anymore so after a month of me trying to deal with it alone, I went back to the Dr, and she persuaded me to start sertraline, as I was becoming suicidal. Loosing control. So here I am 3 weeks into sertraline 50mg, I just want my life back too. I want me back, I feel for you and many others out there. I dont think anyone can understand what we feel until you feel it. But I have spoken to people on here who were where we are now and are 100% better, so we have to keep hope. I think for you 100mg is a big step up, would it not be better to go to 75mg first?

Keep in touch tho, let me k ow how your doing.

Xx

• Posted

Hi mine started a bit like that , i think my panic attacks started after taking some very strong antihistimine, but i cant be sure all i know is i never want to feel like that again, i didnt eat for nearly two weeks and i was a jibbering wreck and i also went to hospital i think my son was just so worried about me. Lets hope we all start getting back to normal soon. x
    • Posted

Hi Lattifa7777

I take 50mg starting 12 days ago but I am having mega anxiety attacks which I am finding hard to cope with

best wishes,Jean

• Posted

Yes I did too, its awful, but it will go, try and stick with it, hasz the doc given you anything to help calm you down?, I had diazipam
  • Posted

The first few weeks were awful.  Anxiety through the roof, nausea, diarrhoea. And lots more.   It all settles though and it will go away.  
  • Posted

Hi Jean, I've been on Sertraline for some weeks now 50mg, have felt nauseous, anxious and still depressed. Seeing doctor soon for advice.

Hope you get the help you need. I am encouraged to see that people on here are improving on Sertraline. Lets keep going and see how things go. Take Care.

• Posted

Hi Veronica i agree with you i think we have to give this Sertraline a chance to work, i think most anti depressants make you feel worse before you feel better, but these do have some pretty horrible side effects dont they? x
    • Posted

Hi, yes, we're all in this together arent we ? Good to know the side affects should ease off soon. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.