Zopiclone and Sertraline

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am ten days into taking sertraline and feeling very shaky and nauseous. My doctor has also prescribed Zopiclone to help me sleep. Trouble is I don;t know what is causing this awful nausea - Is it my heightened anxiety, sertraline or zopiclone.

Anyone had similar? Would love to hear if you have/

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jean ,

It's my day 20 on Zoloft sertraline , in the first couple of weeks I felt terrible neausa , with vomit and feeling down all day not moving from the couch , but after that all these side effects gone away and my appetite is back to normal now , stick to it and give it a bit longer .

Although now I feel anxious a little and couldn't sleep I don't know if this normal or not . But stick to it longer .

• Posted

I'm 3 weeks in, and am eating now too, the anxiety is still there, but I can function, but I dont feel my elf yet! I dont get much sleep either , and sweat soooo much when I am a sleep.

• Posted

Yes lattifa it's really hard today I finished 3 weeks with Zoloft but I'm not as happy as I was last week , sleeping is tough I worry if I'm gonna sleep or not which rises up the anixity and ends up not sleeping . I wish I will get back to normal again but when I don't know .

I'm taking 50 mg now .

• Posted

Yes same I'm on 50mg, I thought my Dr was going to increase , but she said stay on it another 3 weeks, and we will see? I want to be me again, I know what you mean about worrying if you are going to sleep!! Usually I have to really tier my self out and I mean walking for a couple hours a day, going swimming, try and do house work, then sit down and unwind, and usually I end up nodding off, for a couple hours then waking again, then going back to sleep, I sleep on the sofa, so I have the tv to distract me, otherwise I keep thinking and thinking, feel like I'm trapped in my own head if that makes sense? This is the part I hate !! 😢
  • Posted

Before sertraline I was on citalopeam and always had slight nausea that became huge nausea, my doc gave me antiacid and it went away. But citalopram never helped with the anxiety, so I'm now on sertraline, and still on antiacid without gastric troubles.
    • Posted

How long have you been on sertraline? And how much?
  • Posted

This info is very helpful. I just want to know if anyone has serious issues sleeping. its not my first time having to take antidepressants. i really didn't want to, but sometimes we need help. Does anyone take this in the morning or only at night?.and does anyone or has anyone use zopiclone for sleep. its inly been 3 days. but i had anxiety in the middle of the night. woke me up. then your skin feels like it's crawling. Im glad to read that some of you said to stick it out. Anyone have any feedback if they feel more "normal?" or zombie like? lots of questions lol

• Posted

im the same ive taken setraline fir 9 weeks i also take zipliclone i feel nauseous at different times daily but especially mornings i dont know if its my anxiety or zopliclone thats causing my nauseous

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.