2 months on and no weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking Orlistat for nearly 2 months and I haven't loss an ounce. I have at least 3 stone to lose and I am at a loss why I've not lost an ounce.

Any help or advice please??

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been exercising? What do you eat on an average day?
    • Posted

I have been doing a lot of walking and included a bit of jogging. I think my diet is fairly healthy. I eat low fat yogurt with berries and 40g of granola for breakfast. Sandwich or salad for lunch usually with crisps and evening meal is usually salmon or chicken with salad leaves and new potatoes. I do have a glass of wine nearly every night and occasionally some chocolate. I don't keep food diary but going to start to check exactly what I do eat. Snack usually consist of fruit mainly.

• Posted

That's way better than me! Maybe you should talk to your doctor, might be another underlying issue?

I've been on it for 2 weeks and lost about 7lbs. I've struggled to lose weight since being diagnosed with polycystic ovaries.

• Posted

I have been on this for 3 weeks and lost 3 lb I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I eat so healthy, never go over the fat and stick to 1200cals and zilch x

• Posted

I havent been on Orlistat for few months now.  I was on it for nearly 4 months with very little effect, especially as I was not losing weight although going to the gym and changing shape.  Unfortunately however, it seems that when the doctor puts in 'no weight loss again' the computer says no!   So have came off the tablets basically due to the fact by the criteria she was following, she was not allowed to continue with the prescription.     It is a very frustrating situation.  The one thing I have learnt from this is drink water, as much as you can in a day.  I now aim for 2lts minimum and once you get into the habit, things start to move.  

I am still at the gym and am dropping a dress size but no weight and no pressure from the doctor to tick all the boxes.  A slow road but one with no U-turns is the best one.

• Posted

Thank you for all your comments.  I have to say I am concerned that the doctor will take me off the tablets if I show no weight loss.  I use a fitbit and on average I am walking between 32 & 35 miles per week which I have now increased to around 38 miles (regularly hitting 12k plus step per day).  I am now calorie counting on my fitbit and I am averaging 1,500 per day.  I am due at the doctors again in 2 weeks so I am going to see if this helps and if not I will be asking whether I may have an underlying problem that is stopping me losing weight. 

• Posted

Hey Ive been on these tablet for a couple weeks. I too have pcos and I was rly struggling with weightloss and I thought these tablets would help me start to lose weight but I haven't lost a single lb I've put on instead. I don't eat pig out and I watch my fat intake, more so cause I don't wanna get caught out in public. I'm not able to exercise much yet as I struggle with joint pains and breathing. Any advice please, thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.