2 ovarian cyst removed with no diagnoses. Natural treatment methods

Posted , 4 users are following.

Nutrition/physical exercise: Typically consume a strict low carb low sugar high fat diet including dairy products.

Work out 5 to 6 times a week. Strength training and high cardio.  

Daily Medications: ProBioCare Probiotic 

50 billion cultures with 8 different strains. Active and Acid resistant.

Other medical history: Acid Reflux 

2x fundoplication 

Gyno: I had my first period at the age of 16. Periods were never regular. History of irregular periods on my moms side. I would have a period and then skip for up to 6months at a time. Periods were always pretty light and only lasting 4 to 5 days. Went on birth control to regulate them but never stayed on the pill long. Can't remember why I went off of it. Continued through puberty and now into my adult life with irregular periods. Skiping up to 6 months or more without having a period. Come May 2014 I had a major diet change where I consumed sugars and carbs regularly. About a month later in June I was diagnosed with a 5cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary. With time it grew and started to twist my ovary requiring surgery to remove the cyst. No function was lost to my left ovary and the cyst was removed. All hormonal testing proved I was not a PCOS patient. My doctor attributed the cyst to a low body fat percentage and irregular periods. I started looking up homeopathic ways to treat ovarian cysts and irregular periods. I found strong evidence to support insulin resistance in patients with pcos. This is particularly interesting in my case because I just had a major diet change where I was consuming sugars and carbs that I was not before. Given this information I went back to my old low carb low sugar diet in hopes of riding my body of the cyst forming chemicals in my body. I also started taking a natural supplement called Royal Maca plus with DIM manufactured by Whole World Botanicals. Containing 900mg of Royal Maca Root and 200mg Diindolylmethane (DIM) I took 2 capsules daily. After looking into many natural supplements I chose the Maca with Dim because it is supposed to make good use of the hormones you have instead of taking supplements that help with hormonal deficiencies b/c my hormon levels were marked as normal. My ovaries remained cyst free for 4 months until I stopped taking the Maca with Dim on September 15. I thought if I maintained my same nutrition plan and exercise routine the cyst would not form again. Unfortunately a few weeks later on October 2, an ultra sound confirmed I had another 5cm cyst on my left ovary. I started taking the Maca and Dim once I found out the news in hopes of shrinking the cyst. I also started a regiment of herbal supplements the following week in hope of getting the cyst to shrink and the pain to subside. I took the Maca with dim, licorice, peony, vitex, tribulus, evening rose, and bee pollen daily. After a week on the supplements the pain had become too great and my ovary had started to twist again. On October 15, I had my second laparoscopic ovarian cyst removed from my left ovary. He drained 2 ounces of fluid, untwisted my ovary and inject a gel into my abdomen. My doctor recommended birth control to help suppress the ovaries. I started taking quartette a birth control that contains two types of hormones with period cycles every 4 months. After taking the pills for a little over a month and a half my periods had yet to stop, my emotions were uncontrollable, I was experiencing bladder issues similar to UTI symptoms, and had broken out in a rash on my stomach. After deciding that birth control was not the right one I had the Mirena IUD put in. This delivers a lower dose of progesterone locally to the uterus. I thought this would be the best option for me given my bodies sensitive nature to the hormones. Minus the rash I am experiencing the same side effects from the previous birth control along with terrible cramping and back pain. Now knowing my bodies tolerance to hormones I do not want to go on another hormonal therapy treatment. I would like to try and balance my irregular periods and reoccurring cysts naturally. 

Do you have any natural treatment plans or herb recommendations. Why do you recommend these specific herbs and have you found success cycling with them? What period of time do you recommend using them for?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

im so sorry to hear of all your pain.  I have ovarian cysts too, four so far that have been seen, many times I have not gone in but have been bed ridden for weeks at a time.  I have tried everything just like you, no carbs, no sugar, no dairy and just a small amount of caffeine.  Nothing seems to help.  I have tried 4 different types of birth control pills and have been intolerant of all of them (hives, throat swelling up, racing heart.). I am on one now that is working worders for my migraines and mood swings.  (Unfortunately it has done nothing for my cysts.). It is called Nora-be a progesterone only pill.  It has been the only one my body can tolerate.  

I am so sensitive, just like you, that I cannot even tolerate herbal pills such as the maca with Dim or the Doung Quai, etc.  they all give me migraines and crazy cramping with cysts.  I think for me, I have too much estrogen in my body.  These natural pills are usually meant for women who are premenopausal and they actually stimulate estrogen production.  Perhaps you have a sensitivity to estrogen and need to avoid it in all forms like I have to.  Just a thought.  Hope it helps.

• Posted

So sorry to hear about your struggle with ovarian Cysts and I am not sure if you still want help with that! I think you have done great steps to control the case like consuming low carb diet and herbal remedies but I also think what you really need to do before all of that is to go through a detox system to clear your body from scratch! Then you gradually introduce a low carb, maca, dem ... There are a lot of resources on a detox systems over the net! Hope this helps and good luck dear.
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice. Since my last post my doctor has put me one a birth control pill called Norithidrone and it seems to be keeping my cysts at bay. I will try a detox though. That is good advice. Thank you :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.