2nd lot of antibiotics for chest infection and no improvement

Posted , 7 users are following.

Help!! I am on my 2nd lot of Cephalexin antibiotic for a chest infection and have 2 days to go. I have seen no improvement though and am feeling very unwell. I understand I have to finish the whole course but feel there should be some improvement. Today I need to make a decision do I sit it out until Monday and go back to the doctors or should I be taking this more seriously and go to our walk in centre to get checked out? I really don't want to go out as I feel so unwell but I worry with the MTX that maybe I need a different antibiotic.... They do have problems prescribing antibiotics for me as I am allergic to penicillin and am on MTX

0 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lisa Battalion. Sorry to hear you're suffering I would personally go to out of hours today as you're on mtx. You should have seen some improvement now unless they are going to work right at the end but usually it inly takes 2-3 days to start working x
    • Posted

Bless you. I've been sent some info on chest infections and MTX which I am off to read before the doctor gets here.... Yes I can't believe it 😊 they are sending me a doctor to my home. Will keep you posted 😊😊😷
  • Posted

sad

morning Lisa, I would go to your walkin centre another 48/72 hours is just to long to wait, feel better soon xxx

• Posted

I agree it is too long to wait. I have called 111 and they are sending a doctor out to me 😊😊
  • Posted

Hi Lisa, I'm sorry you're still feeling so unwell. Β I do think you should speak to a doctor today, rather than waiting any longer. Β Can you telephone the out of hours number and if they think you should be admitted to hospital, they will arrange it.

Β 

• Posted

Just got your info via e mail which I'm off to read... You really are a love thank you... Ended up calling 111 and doctor should be here within the next hour... Fingers crossed..I'm hoping they change antibiotic as I dread another stint in hospital β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜Š xxx
    • Posted

I'm glad someone is coming Lisa. Β I suppose they may take you in if they want to give you your antibiotic via IV. Β Good luck!
    • Posted

With every ounce of energy I have left I am willing it not to come to that. πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚ seriously I feel too ill to go to hospital... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ xxx
  • Posted

Hi Lisa,

You are certainly in the wars again.

Not an easy one to answer, but i would wait till lunchtime today and see how you feel then.

I wouldn't bother calling that help line, from what i have heard and read they are not that good.

If you still feel bad later today go to the walk in as they will be able to actually see and examine you.

Let me know if you need me to bring the chicken soup roud and take care of you.

John

• Posted

I want that chicken soup!! I actually called 111 and am amazed that I have a doctor coming out to me... Watch this space πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    • Posted

rolleyes Well that sounds like a first for 111 to send out a doctor.

All you see on the news is that they tell everyone to go to A & E.

I have put the chicken in the slow cooker, some noodles, carrotts, and will add a little cream at the end.

Do you want me to spoon it to you. redface

• Posted

I agree. I didn't think of phoning them because they always say go to the walk in centre..... Mind you the doctors not arrived yet.. Cynical? Moi? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Could you hold off on the carrots? I'm eating that many oranges and drinking fresh orange juice I fear I will look like I've been tangoed! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Posted

πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    • Posted

Oh yes, didn't I read somewhere, that children in WW2 started to turn orange because they were being fed so many raw carrots?!!
    • Posted

I can hold the carrotts.

Always try to make you smile even if you are bit orange.

Now would that be from being in the sun in that bikini or from thee orange juice and carrotts. Mmmmm Just wondering.

Glad your feeling a bit better, although now you won't want that chicken soup.

Maybe i should get there before the doctor next time. Hahaha.

• Posted

My mum told me that once and I believe you are right! Mind you could use a bit of colour right now but I'm not sure orange is the shade πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ xxx
    • Posted

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ŠπŸ™Š well I am an Essex girl so going orange under sun beds here is actually considered cool! β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
    • Posted

redfaceredfaceredface Never knew you and i were in the same neck of the woods.

Essex girl, i am always around the Ilford area and also Romford, Gidea park.

Oftem down at Leigh on Sea old part for a walk and shell fish with the dog. She loves a plate of whelks at Osbornes.

Play bowls all around Essex.

Glad you had a good doctor arrive and knew what was needed. So many have no real idea about people on MTX.

• Posted

Hey John small world hey! I was born just round the corner from you Dagenham but have been Colchester way since I was 3. I know Leigh on sea very well and Mersea.

The difference in seeing a good doctor today has improved my mental state no end. I was starting to lose faith! He did warn me they will probably upset my stomach but that's the only interaction. I said I don't care if I poop through the eye of a needle as long as I feel better! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’©πŸ™ˆ

• Posted

Glad you are so much happier after the doctor visit.

Due to blood pressure pills, beta blockers, statins, asprin that i also take, i was put on Lansoprozal. This is to protect the stomach fromulcers and bleeds due to everything i take.

That may be some thing to look into if you have tummy problems.

Always good to talk to an Essex girl as they are always fun girls.

rolleyesrolleyesrolleyes

• Posted

John having a doctor who knew what he was doing made me realise how bad mine have been. I'm on Lanzoprazole but thank you for the advice.

As for Essex girls πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ we sure have character but our reputation is also earned! Trust me as an Essex girl even I cringe..... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™Š

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.