3 days cold turkey from dhc

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I don't think I have ever realised that I was in fact a drug addict not until I came across this forum. The drug of choosing was dhc. I started taking it when I had a sore neck and wondered why it was never getting better. The realisation came that I didn't need the drug I was just scared of what I would be like without it. I ran out of the tablets even though i had ordered some more I deep down hope they wouldn't come because I knew they were no good. The first day was awful. I work in a call centre and the sweats were unstoppable and I was so tired. I just wanted to curl up and sleep but even with that I could never get comfortable. I was cold and then hot and twice awoke with my t shirt ringing with sweat. I had no appetite and aches. Diorrea and headaches. The second day wasn't so bad. The headaches dimmed and I started feeling a little fresher. Not sweating as much. I can see the finish line of the curse of this drug. I didn't take them for so long as some people I have read about. The reason I started taking them because I had some pain and the reason I continued taking them was because the drug was causing the pain.

Don t be afraid of the drug if you think you can't do cold turkey then go see your gp. Your body is an amazing tool but needs the time to recover from having body taken over by an opiod drug.

If no one reads this then that's fine. It's something I needed to get off my chest.

Thanks for your time and have a great day

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well done for getting this far coming off of DHC.  It's not easy, especially going cold turkey, especially if you're working at the same time!! Cudos for doing that. 

It does get better, your body starts to readjust without it's dose, although it takes the mind longer to get used to it than the body. I'm 8 months since my last dose and, to be honest I'd love to take some (!) but I can't due to being allergic to it, that's why I had to go cold turkey too so I know what you've been through! 

You should fell well chuffed with yourself for what you've achieved. 

• Posted

Thank you very much for your kind words pumpkin. I'm slowly getting there and it's tough. Big congrats on being 8 months clean. Should be proud of yourself and never let it back in to your system. Yes the work day was awful. But in a way it helped. It took my mind of it for a bit but my god I could not wait to get home. I do get aches but I know it's just my body being a bugger. Also I know I can do it. People have been through a lot worse so however bad it gets for me I always think of the people out there who are going through worse. Thanks once again for your kind words and well done

• Posted

Well done, your brain will straighten itself out.

I went cold turkey after 20 years and rattled every time I moved for a month.

keep it up it so worth it.

• Posted

Thanks Jean. It's the aches now. Bloody teeth are itchy and my neck aches. Also got a stomach ache and can't lay flat. I think that's a mix of the withdrawal and the loss of appetite but I'm getting there. It's so good to see others who know what I am going through. It makes it easier.

Thanks so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.