31 with an enormous fibroid

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I'm 31 and I have a bloody huge fibroid, just the 1 (they think) but it's about 12cm x 14cm x 11cm. I've tried esmya but it didn't even touch it, in fact they think it grew still. It must be determined to cause me issues. I've been told not to complete the next 3 months esmya as one of the tubes off my kidney is inflamed so dr wants to move to hormone injections or surgery (both essentially).

The reason for my post is to find out if anyone else has one this size and if you have had any strange symptoms from it. I have lightheadedness constantly and massive digestive issues, coupled with a shooting pain all down left leg with numbness, and geneal pain round body. Sound familiar?

The reason I ask is because I'd like to get a handle on whether this will disappear when I have it removed or if I should be looking at another condition perhaps.

Either that or if anyone just wants to discuss their mammoth fibroids as I feel very lonely, none of my friends of my age have anything like this.

Thanks all

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have 3 huge ones! I do have digestive issues, But it's controllable. I've only tried natural stuff but nothing has helped. Have you had an MRI? Only recently has a new doctor told me to have one so they can see placement and if that's what it actually is. If not I would insist on one ( with contrast dye)

If you clean up your eating habits, no bread sugar etc it does help with the gi stuff. I also take 10,000 vit d every day and that has made me feel better but each person is different.

I am lately getting a little depressed especially before my period.

Maybe you should see if a doctor can do a myomectomy I hear it's better surgery than others.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hello,

im 28 and have a fibroid that I see 21cm, I haven't got any other symptoms but I am also pregnant. I have twinges in my stomach but I not sure whether that is e pregnancy or the fibroid.  I looked up consultants of large fibroids and I managed to find a professor who was amazing based in London, you could ask your GP to refer you to a consultant that you find locally.  My concern is when they remove my fibroid that is can result in hysterectomy.

i had never heard of fibroids before but they are apparently very common. 

Jess

• Posted

Hi jess

Wow that's big! Are you being monitored whilst pregnant. I think the location of mine us a little dodgy as my consultant has told me he thinks I would struggle to conceive as things stand but has been very honest at the fact that removal could result in hysterectomy which sucks a little. It's even worse that they could just wake you up with the news after the op and then you're just off home to deal with it. I want mine gone now! Have you ever been dizzy with yours or had pain in the rest of your body?

Good to hear from you

Leanne

• Posted

Hello Leanne, 

yes im sure I will be monitored. They'd are surprised I've been able to conceive but I managed to,I don't really have any symptoms, just a big stomach, but I guess I don't know what it is like to feel normal so I may feel ill just don't know. What treatments are they doing on yours? 

Jess 

• Posted

Hi jess

Congratulations and insist on it! I was on esmya but no luck with that. I see my consultant next week to discuss having hormone injections to shrink it prior to surgery, to try and make the operation easier I guess xx

• Posted

Hi

I have similar symptoms.

I have had left leg pains coming from the groin area for months.

I have 2 small fibroids 3.5 cm. Although they could of grew since last ultrasound (june).

I have had awful digestive problems. Constipation. Bloating etc.after a recent bowel chk got the ok in that area.

Cus mine are small my doc doesn't thing that they r my problem.

Also I have regular light periods (I'm 45 nxt week)

Can I ask how your blood loss is as ive have been told cus I'm light my fibroids are not a problem.

I'm now at a cross road as I'm still feeling absolutely crap !

• Posted

Hi, my blood loss is fine and normal, at least I think it is, I suppose it could be really heavy for all I know as I think the fibroid has been around for some time. I feel like you, don't really know what to do, people seem to find it awkward to discuss it but I also can't bear the silence! Are you going to get put on any meds to shrink them?

• Posted

I have to wait for my nxt gyny appointment (Dec 3rd) as she originally thought it was a bowel issue. I've had the all clear so got to wait, which as you know is so frustrating. Interesting that you don't bleed heavy with such a large one. You have now given me a little hope as I had started to question why I feel so rubbish.

Got prescribed paracetamol! !!

Yes by a male doc of course 😐

• Posted

Hi l65195,

Sorry to hear about your problems with fibroids.

We are of similar age with similar sized fibroids, I am now on month 3 of esmya and only seeing a real difference now. My bleeding hasn't completely stopped but is more manageable now. I have been told that a myomectomy is the only option for me at this stage.

I suffer from dizzyness, stabbing pain around my fibroid area and numbness. The fatigue is awful too. I have little concentration and my short term msultant did tell me memory is poor. Whether this is due to the fibroid, or esmya, I don't know.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that there are any "quick fixes" for fibroids in people our age, most of the treatment is around symptom management. I do know that increased estrogen causes fibroid symptoms to be worse, so perhaps doing some research into how to avoid it in food might help. I've definately  oticed an improvement since I stopped drinking cows milk, but obviously I can't be 100% sure that it's down to that.

I hope this helps smile

• Posted

Your post is me, my fiborid was 12x13x10cm last scan in March I've had 6 moths of Esmya it didnt shrink it, Ive had 6 months of Zoladex implants didn't shrink infact grew then another 3 months of Esmya whilst waiting for UFE which apparantly now I cant have, but still waiting for confirmation on that! Ive all the same symptoms as you, gastric issues, pain through my whole body. lower back pain , left leg numbness, dizzyness, heavy periods (though they at least do go for most when on drugs) bloated stomach anemic, joint pain & problems, weight gain. Feeling totally rubbish & now waiting to see what I can actually do about it! (Again as I thought that I'd made the decision!)

• Posted

Oh my gosh, it's terrible that you are suffering but it is like music to my ears that someone is in a similarge boat and I'm so glad you replied. Most sites when I Google 'strange symptoms of fibroids' are people asking questions and nobody ever actually replies. Does your dr believe the dizziness to be related to your fibroids and how often do you suffer? X

• Posted

Yes regularily, most likely due to low ferriin due to heavy periods, always tired & sometimes breathing issues. xx

• Posted

I'm on propanolol (or something like that) for migraines which can make you feel a bit wheezy but maybe it's the space issue in my abdomen making me wheeze I feel like everything is struggling for space in there! I hope you'll keep in touch and let me know how you're getting on? Xx

• Posted

Hi Heather,

Reading your symptom list is exactly like my own! I completely empathise with you, and I'm sorry you are experiencing all this too.

I have a battle on my hands to get the medical profession to belive me sadly, but there is definately much more to fibroids than is commonly understood.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.