31 with an enormous fibroid

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I'm 31 and I have a bloody huge fibroid, just the 1 (they think) but it's about 12cm x 14cm x 11cm. I've tried esmya but it didn't even touch it, in fact they think it grew still. It must be determined to cause me issues. I've been told not to complete the next 3 months esmya as one of the tubes off my kidney is inflamed so dr wants to move to hormone injections or surgery (both essentially).

The reason for my post is to find out if anyone else has one this size and if you have had any strange symptoms from it. I have lightheadedness constantly and massive digestive issues, coupled with a shooting pain all down left leg with numbness, and geneal pain round body. Sound familiar?

The reason I ask is because I'd like to get a handle on whether this will disappear when I have it removed or if I should be looking at another condition perhaps.

Either that or if anyone just wants to discuss their mammoth fibroids as I feel very lonely, none of my friends of my age have anything like this.

Thanks all

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello

I have a fibroid that is 12 * 11. The younger you are the more likely it is for the fibroid to keep expanding.

I tried to control this by cutting sugar and wheat with no luck. I even tried Reiki and EFT. They made me feel better but didn’t help otherwise. This problem needs immediate attention.

Risk of UTI, problems in bowel movement, all problems related to excessive bleeding during periods, including fatigue, lack of concentration, mood swings and irritability. Back pains and other symptoms associated with pregnancy like pains in the leg or hip… etc. are all expected.

My Ob-Gyn advised a hysterectomy but I am against it as the risk-benefit to me does not justify this radical solution. Myomectomy was ruled out since the doctor expects too much hemorrhage which would lead to hysterectomy anyway.

I had an embolization two weeks ago. The procedure was fairly simple. I had cramps for three days but now I am OK. It will take several months for the fibroid to “dissolve” but my first period since was quite "Normal" I did not have to wear two period pants like I used to.

My suggestion is that since your fibroid is still expanding while on esmya you should opt for a more radical solution.

Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi!

I'm 30 yo and just found out i have a 10.5 x 10.5 x 10cm fibroid on my uterus. I've been feeling this thing in me for probably 6mth-1yr every morning and kept ignoring it. IDK WTF was wrong with me sad Epic denial i guess. 

I think it must have grown rapidly recently because things have gotten a lot worse / or im actually paying attention to my body now. Over the last few months I've noticed that when I've needed to pee, sometimes i struggle, and it comes out like a trickle. I also have spotting througout the month. My periods are excessively heavy now and I often bleed through my pants sad  I use tampons AND pads at the same time now. I feel super bloated and uncomfortable all the time and there's a constant feel of pressure in my stomach...like I'm gonna explode. I think the worst thing is the lower back pain that has gotten worse recently. I don't know when it started but it's been a few months but i just put it to the gym. But now it's hurting everyday. The blood loss has made me anemic too. 

I'd say that your light headedness is from anemia? Have they checked your red bloss cells/iron levels? My Dr has given me Tranexamic Acid Tablets to take during my periods to help stop excessive bleeding. Have they given that to you?

i don't get leg pains but I've always been constipated.. i don't know if this has made it worse.

I'm surprised the Esmya didn't work for you?! I've only just started learning about all this stuff .. and from what I've read Esmya is meant to be pretty good? Im in Australia and I don't think it's available here yet but I think Esmya might be what my Dr is waiting for. He mentioned " a new medication coming out in a few months" that will shrink it. He said surgery is a massive surgery and wants to avoid it if possible. We're so young to have such massive b*st*rds. :'( I don't have kids yet and I think surgery has a risk of damaging the uterus? I have no idea, he didn't discuss it much with me yet. 

Ah. Clearly I need to speak to someone about this as well. haha. 

• Posted

Hi jess

Good to hear from you, you're right we are too young and I feel it's taken away some pretty important decisions potentially. You seem to suffer worse than me, I know I have dizziness but aside from that I don't get the pain and heavy periods etc. I heard esmya was good too but it didn't even touch it which I was surprised at, I even felt it was getting smaller, I guess thats the power of the mind. Hopefully my appointment on friday will shed some light on what my next plan is.

Good to have someone to speak to, please will you let me know how you go on? Am I allowed to put my email on here? I don't know. It'd be good to know what options you get given x

• Posted

I live in New Zealand. Hope the Esmya becomes available here too! You've given me some hope. Was  sure I was going to end up having an operation. (I have a 6 month pregnancy size uterus filled with fibroids and no kids.)

• Posted

Hi there, vile things aren't they, fibroids! I can't wait til tomorrow to find out what the plan is I'm getting impatient to the point of I'd rather just have the op now to get this over with! I hear oly good things about esmya it just didn't do the trick for me x

• Posted

Esmya is eally just the pre drug before an op as once you stop taking size returns but its a nicefrom heavy periods

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.