Skip to content
Ad

Uterine Fibroids

Also known as Fibroids, Haematometra

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • UFE aug 16 some questions

hi everyone, I just had the UFE it is painful after the procedure! I had to stay two days at the hospital so they can control my pain. how can people do it as an outpatient? here are my questions: 1. is it normal that the pain starts when I walk or sit? if I lay down in a couch everything is great. ...

Last reply
  • Day and night sweats with Esmya

Hi everyone.                     On my second course of esmya ( first course no shrinkage of fibroids)and I have only got through the first month, however the hot flashes seem to of doubled with the second course . I dont remember them being this...

Last reply
  • Has Anyone Had Open Myomectomy For Multiple Fibroids?

Hello Ladies! For those of you that didn't see my previous post, I'm having open myomectomy in a few weeks for multiple fibroids; one is fairly large (the size of a large grapefruit) and I'm really freaking out and so scared. I've had some lovely reassuring comments on here which have...

Last reply
  • Acessa for fibroids

Hello all. I had Acessa for fibroids on 5 April 2017. At this point that has been about five weeks. Before Acessa I had large fibroids, not sure how many months pregnant it would be but I am very small naturally and my waist measures 34 inches. VERY LARGE!! I had been put on Lupton shots in May of 2016...

Last reply
  • I am suffering from a submucosal fibroid...please advise

I have a submucosal fibroid 3.6cm causing heavy bleeding clots and back pain.i hv been off from work.i am anemic.taking iron tabs.my doc has suggested ESMYA for 3 months 1 mth break and 3 mth again or surgery.hysteroscopic resection or myomectomy.since I am 33 and want to hv babies.pls advise is taking...

Last reply
  • All prepared to go for hysterectomy and now not sure what to do!

So yesterday I had another appointment with my gyno and after being on Esmya for one course and no shrinkage of my 2x 9cm fibroids and too many to measure in the utereus (doctors words not mine) I came to the agonising decision to have a hysterectomy. Sits down telling him how Im on my second course...

Last reply
  • Fibroid Bleeding

I have been told I have a fibroid in my uterus that is causing my uterus to be enlarged and distended. My uterus is approx 3 times its normal size. Dr just wants to do a hysterectomy but as I'm 49 I've opted to wait and see how menopause goes in shrinking it etc. I'm bleeding after sex sometimes...

Last reply
  • Work and Fibroids

I need to start a new job in September and I do not know how I am going to go to work and not miss days with bleeding and the clots that overtake any pads or tampons. Advice?!? I am 47 and trying to not have any surgical procedures done. Thank you!

Last reply
  • Menstruation after laparoscopy, how long does it take?

Hallo, I had my laparoscopy on the 25th of July 2017, after the laparoscopy I bleeded for one week then it stopped. But before it, I saw my circle on the 16th of July andUp till now, I have no sign of my days. Although we have been TTC as my Dr. Said one week after the lap I can keep tryin TTC. I don't...

Last reply
  • I'm Having Open Myomectomy & I'm So Scared :(

Hello Everyone! So......... I'm booked to have open myomectomy in a few weeks and I'm soooo scared. I've be informed that I have about 8-9 fibroids however they could turn out to be more. The largest fibroid is bigger than a large grapefruit, not sure the exact size. My main symptoms are...

Last reply
  • Fibroids

Hi all I had an appointment today at Gynocology. They have agreed to do a Laprascopic Myomectomy for my 7.5cm Fibroid. So I'm now 3 years and 2 months since Diagnos and finally I get rid of it. Posted this for any Ladies on here just to let you know there are other options than Hysterectomy x

Last reply
  • Esmya Tablets Fibroid Treatment

Hello I'm 44 and have recently been diagnosed with a 11cm Fibroid, my Gyno has put me on Esmya to try and shrink the fibroid, I just wondered if any one could me advice or their review as its fairly new treatment and can't find anyone who has tried it. Thank you

Last reply
  • Multiple fibroids, route I have taken and very happy 😊

Hello ladies, you are all so strong, I have read your stories and we are all heroes for putting up with the nasty fibroids.  This post is about the route I have taken when I was faced with no options that I was happy with, and I hope will help some of you as an alternative.  18 months ago,...

Last reply
  • FIBROIDS BUT NORMAL FLOW

i ve had two miscarriages. and scan reveal there are fibroids. my menstral flow is normal not heavy and no big stomach. am considering myomectomy soonest to remove the fibroids to increase my chances of conception. any one with experinece of fibroids but normal flow. your candid advice will be welcome....

Last reply
  • Prescribed Esmya and want children

Hi all, I got prescribed Esmya yesterday and would like to get pregnant when my fibroids shrink or are removed, have been reading up and theres a 0.5 chance it can put you in an early menopause? I've tried to search the net for experiences of women taking it to shrink fibroids so they can have children...

Last reply
  • Fibroids

Hi all Just putting a general question here but does any woman ever refuse Hysterectomy before trying any other treatment? I just get the feeling that Gynocology get away with pushing Hysterectomy on women of a certain age and not offering choice such as Myomectomy or UFE. I have seen loads of ladies...

Last reply
  • I am 51 peri menapause and have fibroids esmyia

I am 51 with perimenapausal symptoms and large fibroids 11 cm 40 week abdomen. I have been prescribed esmyia as I think that I should go into menapause soon. I wondered if anyone has gone into menapause after a three month cycle? Also do you have to take it during the period or can it be taken at any...

Last reply
  • Further treatment after UFE?

Has anyone who has had UFE needed further treatment and what was it? I had UFE 18 months ago and although it was technically a success I'm still having heavy periods though not as bad as before. I've spoken to the radiologist who thinks it's due to the submuscal fibroid. He also thinks I...

Last reply
  • Myomectomy surgery

Hello, Had my myomec surgery on 01/08/2017, They removed half fibroids and have given me esmya for 3 months to shrink my fibroids and my next surgery will be in 3 months time again. I have been bleeding light since 02/08 but from 06/08 it started becoming heavy and now it's even worse with heavy...

Last reply
  • Fibroids

Hi all Just updating I have just had another period this one was heavier than the last but less heavy than all the periods before it. Don't know why. I still look pregnant no change there. I see Gynocolgy on 9 August I am asking for a Laprascopic Myomectomy. If he agrees I am going to ask him to...

Last reply
  • Fibroids

Hi heather  No she didn't but I read up and it has to be no more than 10cm for Laprascopic. But can get an open Myomectomy for bigger. However I did have UFE 1st which shrunk it from 11cm to 7.5cm.  I had UFE done Jan 2016.  

Posted
  • Natural ways to Shrink Fibroids

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has been able to shrink their fibroids naturally? I have seen a lot of stuff on the internet but a lot of it is confusing. For example they say exercise more, eat more greens, eat organic foods, eat less meat etc What if you already do all of the above and still...

Last reply
  • Pain after hysteroscopic myomectomy

Hi there, I suffered most of the year dude a submucosal fibroid that was finally removed 4 days ago. I've been feeling ok, maybe a little weak, had a little bleeding at the beginning but then was moderate for about 2 days, I think it coordinated with my period, I was taking also progesterone before...

Posted
  • Awaiting open myomectomy

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help and provide me some support as I am due to go for my open myomectomy surgery in 3 weeks. I have a 10cm fibroid and I was told by the hospital SPR that I had to have a hysterectomy. I was gutted, as I am only 34. I was however offered the GRNH injection for 3 months,...

Last reply
  • Preterm birth with uterine fibroids

I lost my son last Sunday. I was only 22 weeks 5 days along. I have had a massive fibroid measuring 8cm during our first prenatal Dr visit.  At 20wks it measured 15cm along with 2 more 4-5cm each.  I'm devastated. Looking for information about my next steps for a myomectomy and ttc again. 

Last reply
  • laparoscopic myectomy

hi ... i have had a laparoscopic myectomy and hyscoscopy 4 1/2 weeks ago. one 10cm fibroid and a smaller one were removed. All went well but my tummy is still really swollen even when i am doing light excerise and walking, it's pretty sore - wondering how long i can expect before it goes...

Last reply
  • Latest about my fibroid,following ct scan results

Hi everyone and thanks for all your advice and how your experiences have been,or are currently having,well the latest is my CT scan results showed not only my intramural fibroid(not sure if that's how it's spelt),but it also showed that I have an ovarian cyst,and a umbilical hernia,which tbh...

Last reply
  • Spotting After 2 months from Myomectomy

hi I had a open Myomectomy 2 months ago and had little bleeding was doing fine but suddey after my second period got over i started to spot again and feel little sore. The spotting in continuing I also feel itchy sometime .Has anyone had spotting?

Posted
  • First period after myomectomy

Hi all It was 2 weeks yesterday since I had my open myomectomy and this morning I woke with the worst period pains ever!! 😫 My tummy hurts so much particular at the sides of my scar and my back....if it hurt before, now it's seriously hurting!!! Is this normal??? Did anyone else experience...

Last reply
  • Clots with fribroids?

Do any of you experience the passage of multiple, large clots during your period? I pass them when I sneeze, stand-up and other inopportune times. When I wear tampons (usually only the first 2 days beceause the flow is so heavy), the clots seem to collect and cause cramping, and when I remove the tampon...

Last reply
  • Weight loss after uterine artery embolization

OK, not weight loss exactly, but a reduction in size! I'm down to have uterine artery embolization this year, but I look at various forums and women have said they've noticed 'a slight reduction'. I had wished to go back to my usual dress size - naturally this is not a priority for...

Last reply
  • Update on my fibroid

Hi all just want to update you all,bit annoyed tbh cos my gynaecology doctor has completely dismissed my fibroid,saying that it can't be causing me the pains in and around my stomach,and my other symptoms,which are bloated stomach,feeling hot,nauseous at times.I went in to the hospital Tuesday this...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.