Skip to content

Uterine Fibroids

Also known as Fibroids, Haematometra

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hysteroscopy

Hi ladies I am having a hysteroscopy next week and just wondered if any of you could tell me what to expect? Thanks in advance.

Posted
  • Driven crazy by multiple fibroids!!!!

I was diagnosed with multiple fibroids  last year. I don't know how many but I do know one of them is 10cm in size. My periods were excruciatingly painful and a bloodbath with huge clots lost for at least a couple of days and the periods irregular, sometime twice monthly. I am an emotional wreck...

Last reply
  • Esmya causing depression?

I started on Esmya to stop my periods in Jan 2018, I have been taking them for 6 weeks now however this has affected me deeply emotionally, I am teary, worried, low  self esteem & just not interested in doing anything. Does Esmya causethis or am I depressed?

Last reply
  • Bladder retention, fibroids and hysterectomy

Hello  Well,  having spent most of the evening waiting to be catheterised again for bladder retention, was wondering if anyone else has this as a delightful side effect of fibroids? This is the second time it’s happened, the first was beginning of September. Then they told me it would have...

Last reply
  • I finished my first 3 months of esmya

After I finish my first 3 months, i had my period after 7days, my doctor ask me to start another 3months, but It was unfortunate that I had to undergo histeroscopia, now I don't know when to start the second 3months. Can I get any help?

Last reply
  • Drink prune after embolization or surgery

Ladies as some know jad my embolization yesterday and stomach wow hurt hurt then some. I couldn't use restroom constipation. My dad drank this nasty prune juice while I was growing up, but 15 minutes and I was able to well go! Just little old fashion remedy. Works!

Last reply
  • Laprascopic Myomectomy

Hi all I am having a Laprascopic Myomectomy on 11 January 2018. Recovery is 2- 4 weeks I have read but not sure which is correct I would like to know due to work commitments and just wondered if there are any other Ladies on here to advise.

Last reply
  • Dizziness and breathlessness: Symptoms of Fibroid?

Hello forum friends, I'm here to discuss my fibroid symptoms and to get some suggestions from you guys. Please my fibroid story might be funny but I have to say it. My symptoms are dizziness, heavy legs, frequent urination, lower back pain, painful menstruation, heavy bleeding during menstruation,...

Last reply
  • Large fibroid embolization success

Ladies I posted a little while ago if anyone had bigger fibroids and had embolization and had success. I have one that's 9cm. The radiation dr says it's possible and the fibroid is by a muscle so that should help. I heard back of a couple good success outcomes with that procedure but wasn't...

Last reply
  • 2nd day Embolozation

Ladies I wrote a couple of you and I just want you to know I'm feeling alot better already today it's the second day of embolization. My fibroid was 9cm and over 100 small ones growing. I was told by ob that hysterectomy was all I could do becuz of size of fibroid. The pain is pretty intense...

Last reply
  • The saddest news of my life!!!

My dr.told me 2day,I will need to have a hold hysterectomy...I wouldn’t feel so bad if I was not 40 and have not had kids yet,knowing my husband and I have been trying...so my utreus is so big it’s above my belly button and my fibrosis are 16 and they are massive with a lot of pain!! I really don’t want...

Last reply
  • Watery discharge

After having two surgeries to remove very large fibroids, it grew back a third Time. I couldn't risk a third myomectomy. So I opted for UFE in 2016. It was the best option I took . It worked well as my period has reduced from 10 days to 3days and am no longer sickly and anemic as before. The issue...

Last reply
  • Absolutely devastated

Last week after a long chat with my consultant I cancelled my upcoming hysterectomy. She agreed to try shrinking them with Emysa or UFE. Today she confirmed that Emysa has been withdrawn permanently and that as one of my fibroids is external and pedunculated I am not able to have UFE. I have cried all...

Last reply
  • Post Fibroid Embolisation

If my experience can help I would like to share this to other sufferers of fibroid.  Having decided not to try for a family after having had 4  failed IVF's, I just like my life back without pain, bleeding & generally miserable every month. I have ticked all the boxes that my gynae...

Last reply
  • A second opinion helps

Hi everyone! I went to a doctor yesterday to get a second opinion and it was the best decision Ive done so far. She discussed to me in detail the exact location of my fibroids (which my first doctor didnt). She told me that my fibroids are not a hindrance for me to get pregnant as it werent in the way...

Last reply
  • Anxious but scared😢

Finally getting rid of these fibriods. Getting laparoscopic myomectomy was told that I have one as big as a soft ball behind I forgot what and one right upfront as big as a canalop. But it was going to be hard to reach it so I might need an open surgery. Which is more likely. But since I wanted the...

Last reply
  • I feel heavy pain and bleeding during period

I am Alina and I am facing lots of problems during periods due to fibroid. So, I am looking for a treatment without surgical procedure. Please suggest me which treatment procedure is suitable for me to treat fibroid.

Last reply
  • 2 big 2 have Fibrosis shrink!!

So ladies Iam on oxgen I have sarcoidosis long term I have been living with this 4 15 years& been on oxgen 4,5years,so Iam concern a high risk especially when I have to be put 2 sleep,I have had 6 other surgeries already& my last one was a major brain surgery 2 years ago...so the dr told me Iam...

Last reply
  • Bek Bek

6 Month Post Myomectomy

Hi, I've been on this forum quite a bit now. Very long story. The main jist is I am now 6 months post myomectomy. Initally recovering well. My periods seemed back to normal and all ok. Initally lasting for between 3 and 5 days. As time has gone on they have got worse. Last month I had 2 weeks of...

Last reply
  • ESMYA experiences

Hi ladies! I went to a gyno last week to discuss treatment for my 5x7 intramural fibroid which causes me heavy bleeding and sometimes a pressure towards my tailbone. I was curious about having a embolization but my gyno thought that Esmya would be better for me to start with. I have so many questions...

Last reply
  • An Update

Hey all. Just wanted to offer some encouragement. I doubt that anyone will remember me but I had two surgeries to remove 7-8 fibroids in August of ‘16.  I had all types of fibroids, mostly intramural. I had a D and C  and then a laparoscopic myomechtomy. I almost had a breakdown before my surgeries....

Last reply
  • Open myomectomy recovery

Hello I had an open myomectomy 7 days ago to remove 7 fibroids. The largest was 14cm and the other 6 were in the ranges of 3-7cm. My surgeon seems to have done an excellent job, thankfully not a vertical cut either which i was dreading but also removed a cyst and endometriosis on one of the ovaries...

Last reply
  • Symptoms that fibroid has grown?

I have very bloated/distended abdomen all the time (visibly protruding like I am about 6 months pregnant, not eating as much, have to wear a pad as bladder seems weaker, I had a scan a few years ago and they said I had a mini fibroid so not sure if it has grown or just being overweight.  What symptoms...

Last reply
  • Two weeks after myomectomy

I will be two weeks post op on Monday. I just took my first short outing by myself to the grocery store.  Felt like I was 90 wandering around in the store not quite sure what I was doing. Just got home, nauseous, and had to lay down. I sure do hope this gets better soon. On the bright side, I haven’t...

Last reply
  • My stomach feeling kind of funny, should I be sorry?

Hi everyone, I am slowly getting back to myself. I had been jogging 4 or 5 miles a day which is a great thing. I am losing weight dramatically which I was not expecting that. It had been 10 weeks recovery from fibroid surgery. Everything is good except I felt funny. My last trip to see my doctor was...

Last reply
  • Natural ways to Shrink Fibroids

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has been able to shrink their fibroids naturally? I have seen a lot of stuff on the internet but a lot of it is confusing. For example they say exercise more, eat more greens, eat organic foods, eat less meat etc What if you already do all of the above and still...

Last reply
  • Heavy bleeding, clots, smell, tired, in pain stomach an back

Hi I was hoping someone could help, every month I take my period I have massive blood clots some the size of a small orange, some months it knocks me right of my feet were the pain is that intense I can't walk with pain in my stomach and back..I have an awful smell, headache and feel very emotional,...

Last reply
  • Open Myomectomy

I am just over 4 weeks post open myomectomy and was wondering how others have recovered. The scar is still swollen and sore which I expected however at times I get what I can only describe as sharp "stabbing" pains. These seem to be more from inside my body rather than from the scar. Is this...

Last reply
  • Other symptoms

The sides of my stomach is hard and I can feel something when I touch it (the upper left side). I think it's the fibroid but it does not coincide with the uterus' location which is on the lower part of the abdomen. Last night when I touch it, it was painful,are fibroids painful when you touch...

Last reply
  • Staples/ clips removed post- myomectomy- it's not painful!

I just wanted to open this threat up to share my experience of having staples removed after my myomectomy, 9 days ago. I was nervous to have the 23 metal stapes removed, as it all felt very 'horror movie' to me, and the prospect of having these staples pulled out filled me with anxiety and dread....

Last reply
  • Some doctors wait for the fibroids to get big

Hello everyone! My friend told me that some doctors wait for fibroids to grow so they can operate on it. I had the notion that she means they intentionally do it. Is it true? She also told me not to undergo an operation if my doctor recommends it. My fibroids are 3.4 cm sebserosal and 1.2 cm intramudal...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.