Skip to content

Uterine Fibroids

Also known as Fibroids, Haematometra

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 3 days on amoxicillin

I seen my doctor Tuesday and was told that I have a infection in my uterus I was given amoxicillin and have been taking it for 3 days now with no improvement. My doctor said to come back if I’m still in pain but I feel like such a baby, sorry I’m just venting 

Last reply
  • 5 months on Fibristal and no change

Hello ladies, Am almost at the end of my second course (5 months to date) of fibristal treatment and my uterus' size remains the same. In fact, I even fear the fibroids might have grown during the treatment as I feel them more with certain movements. My belly also looks bigger - I think.  ...

Last reply
  • Multiple fibroids, route I have taken and very happy 😊

Hello ladies, you are all so strong, I have read your stories and we are all heroes for putting up with the nasty fibroids.  This post is about the route I have taken when I was faced with no options that I was happy with, and I hope will help some of you as an alternative.  18 months ago,...

Last reply
  • Miserable

Hey y’all I’m 26 years old and I have no kids I just found out that I have a 7 cm fibroid I am constantly achy and get tired easily and find it hard to do most every day task like grocery shopping.im just miserable.  I went to my doctor today due to severe pain and found out that I have a infection...

Last reply
  • Zoladex and friboids

Hi I have started the zoladex shot and I am on my second shot, but the thing is I am having some serious side effects. Deprrssion,headaches blackouts dizziness and even heavier bleeding than before. I went to my doctor's and I'm told that it has to work through my system in d mean time I'm...

Last reply
  • Subserosal fibroid

I have an 18x14cm subserosal fibroid which caused a miscarriage last October. I’ve been referred for uae but I would prefer a myomectomy. My consultant told me that if the radiologist won’t do uae my only option would be a hysterectomy. Has anyone else had very large fibroids removed with a myomectomy?...

Last reply
  • Myomectomy Recovery- how do you know when you’ve done too much?

im 17 days post operation, feeling great and have been since the initial sickness passed from the anaesthetic. I have been almost carrying on as normal at home, with the exception of using the hoover, or carrying heavy shopping. I’m feeling fine and have not been in any major pain for over a week. I’m...

Last reply
  • Myomectomy Vertical scar on dark skin?

Hi, I'm 34 and going to have Myomectomy to remove several large fibroids. The largest is 10cm and another is 7cm. I've had fertility issues, and would like to have children, so a hysterectomy isn't an option. I had Myomectomy a few years ago where the fibroids were smaller and it was a bikini...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal of Esmya and the whole liver issue - thoughts?

Hello ladies I've just found out that Esmya has been withdrawn since February 2018 by happening to stumble across this news on the internet. I did one course of it which didn't work anyway, in fact largest fibroid just grew even more. I'm on the waiting list for sub-total abdominal hysterectomy...

Last reply
  • How long after Fibristal does bleeding start?

I finish my last Fibristal pill on Feb 6th, the same day I have my Ultrasound to see if my first three month treatment was successful at shrinking them.  Personally I am confident it did because there were two fibroids that were putting pressure on my cervix and I don't feel them anymore.  I...

Last reply
  • Large growth in uterus.

I was told today after an ultrasound that I have a large growth on my uterus. 14cm. My family doctor Said he isnt sure if its a fibroid, tumor or something else and has referred me to a gyneological surgeon. I have had such bad pain, but no bleeding. In fact one of my main complaints to my doc is...

Last reply
  • Weight Gain After Embolization

I am hoping for any information on this. I had an embolization done almost a year ago on a fibroid that was the size of a cantelope. I was 145 lbs, 5-8, and had started gaining abdominal weight. Once I had the procedure, weight never came off and only added to. I am now 175. I eat healthy, allergic to...

Last reply
  • adhesive from the steri-strips are stuck in my incision

They removed the steri-strips on the 9th day. 2 days later i noticed that the sticky part was stuck inside my incision . I think the steri strips residue have become part of my incision. ... like the sticky stuff got tucked into the incision healing and have become a part of my body. Has anyone seen...

Last reply
  • Post-UFE experience from a DrPatient

I'm writing this post to share my experience but also has a therapeutic measure as Im quite sure this whole fibroid thing is triggering my depression. I am day 8 post-procedure and I can tell you I am in such discomfort, I'm actually taking diazepam I had left over in the house to help sleep....

Last reply
  • Should of stayed in the hospital🤔

Was in the hospiatla for 3 days left taht Thursday night was feeling great. Got home i think i did to much my stomach is pulling whem i walk. didnt feel like that at the hospital. Even when i walked 3 time around the hospital. and its hard to pee can't pee standing up or sitting down. At the hospital...

Last reply
  • Open Myomectomy

I am just over 4 weeks post open myomectomy and was wondering how others have recovered. The scar is still swollen and sore which I expected however at times I get what I can only describe as sharp "stabbing" pains. These seem to be more from inside my body rather than from the scar. Is this...

Last reply
  • Doctor wants to send me hime with swollen legs

My legshave been swollen since after surgery. I didn't pay attention till wednesday evening which was the next day. All i get is excuse instead if a solution. I hospitalized in November because of horrible back pain and cramp. They said it was a uterus spasam or something. But my blood level was...

Last reply
  • Bek Bek

6 Month Post Myomectomy

Hi, I've been on this forum quite a bit now. Very long story. The main jist is I am now 6 months post myomectomy. Initally recovering well. My periods seemed back to normal and all ok. Initally lasting for between 3 and 5 days. As time has gone on they have got worse. Last month I had 2 weeks of...

Last reply
  • I'm Having Open Myomectomy & I'm So Scared :(

Hello Everyone! So......... I'm booked to have open myomectomy in a few weeks and I'm soooo scared. I've be informed that I have about 8-9 fibroids however they could turn out to be more. The largest fibroid is bigger than a large grapefruit, not sure the exact size. My main symptoms are...

Last reply
  • Dizziness and breathlessness: Symptoms of Fibroid?

Hello forum friends, I'm here to discuss my fibroid symptoms and to get some suggestions from you guys. Please my fibroid story might be funny but I have to say it. My symptoms are dizziness, heavy legs, frequent urination, lower back pain, painful menstruation, heavy bleeding during menstruation,...

Last reply
  • Uterine Fibroids, Belly Growth and Weight Gain

I'm so upset and worried. I have NO INSURANCE and started having extreme belly pressure & bloating approx. 8 months ago. I get my period still regularly.. Almost to the day. A few months back I was a little late and convinced I was pregnant. I took a home digital pregnancy test that came up positive!...

Last reply
  • Acessa for fibroids

Hello all. I had Acessa for fibroids on 5 April 2017. At this point that has been about five weeks. Before Acessa I had large fibroids, not sure how many months pregnant it would be but I am very small naturally and my waist measures 34 inches. VERY LARGE!! I had been put on Lupton shots in May of 2016...

Last reply
  • Fibroid Optoins

I am new here so apologies if the question has already been asked...  I am booked for an open myomectomy in a week and a half, had a laparoscopy for endometriosis about two weeks ago when they discovered the fibroids. The gyn. recommended open instead of lap because I have 4 or more about 4 - 6cm...

Last reply
  • Ttc after Myomectomy surgery of fibroids

Hi , I am about to 32 years old. Its 4 months passed my abdominal myomectomy surgery for 6 fibroids largest was 6.7 cm.And the fibroids were present at intramural,sub mucosal and subsarosal region . 4months passed and Aldo 2 month of TTC but still no luck.I desperat for baby coz it will be my first...

Last reply
  • Anyone had global fibroid ablation ?

Hello. I have a consult coming up next month concerning global fibroid ablation ( Acessa method/machine). I am wondering if anyone has had this? If yes, what was the size of your fibroid(s) before hand, and did the ablation work to shrink the fibroid(s) and what was your experience of the procedure...

Posted
  • Fibroids & prostrap

I have a large fibroid & am currently awaiting a hysterectomy in the uk (added to waiting list 3rd August 2017) but massive backlog due to winter pressures so no surgery date as yet. Have Mirena coil but this is not controlling unpredictable heavy bleeding & clotting. Have received a letter today...

Last reply
  • Painful menstruation after open myomectomy

I had a myomectomy for 2weeks and 5 days now, and my period started on Sunday. It's 3 days now and am in serious pain. I haven't had a shut eyes since last night cos of the cramps. The pain is worse on my left side, it even goes to my back. Please has any other person experienced this ? I want...

Last reply
  • SAME BOAT

I Am in the same boat I have one very large fibroid that as of yet has not really caused me any pain, I have been told by one doctor that I have cancer and he was going to remove everything because I am almost 50 and I dont need any of it anyway. the next said no cancer but we have to remove everything...

Last reply
  • Is it possible to cure uterine fibroids without surgery ?

Hi,All members ! This is a questions asked for my friend's mom,she was 49 years old ,she suffered a sever abdominal pressure and bloating and last week,she do a examination and be diagnosed with uterine fibroids,gyne suggested her took Hysterectomy.treatment to get rid of pain forever,but my friend...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.