Skip to content

Uterine Fibroids

Also known as Fibroids, Haematometra

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Myomectomy

Hi all Went to my GP last week. I told him that the Hospital said I can go back to the Gym. He said to do what? I said Tummy exercises he said no. Said i was less than 6 months post op so could still be swollen.  In the meantime he has prescribed. Tablets for IBS to rule it out. I was looking online...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • UFE

Had a UFE in September bleeding now bad again on the list for a hysterectomy anyone else had to have this done after a UFE?  

Last reply
  • Fibroids uterus

I am 5 weeks post abdominal myomectomy surgery, having this scratchy and itchy rash around the incision. And there is a little open wound taking forever to close. Anyone who is experiencing the same thing? I am worried sick...

Last reply
  • Any experience? Hysterectomy possible for 36 yr old and no kids?

Hi there Does anyone know if there is a minimum age for undergoing a hysterectomy if you dont have childeren? Reason I ask..my surgeon mentioned that he would not want to remove my uterus as I am 36, and havent had childeren. It did not really seemed to matter to him, that I didnt want to have any...

Last reply
  • I'm Having Open Myomectomy & I'm So Scared :(

Hello Everyone! So......... I'm booked to have open myomectomy in a few weeks and I'm soooo scared. I've be informed that I have about 8-9 fibroids however they could turn out to be more. The largest fibroid is bigger than a large grapefruit, not sure the exact size. My main symptoms are...

Last reply
  • Heavy bleeding 7 months after UFE

Why??? UFE done September 2017 . Nov 17 ist period normal . second one Feb 2018 .also normal . but this one "holy molly" flash back from pte UFE , pelvic pail left side, bleeding to death it feels like and blood clots big ones, I thought I was in the clear until 4 days ago. I don't know...

Last reply
  • FFM FFM
  • Help

Hi I have a question I had surgery may 10 for  fibroid removing and it been 4 weeks now I’m a little bit worried because my period came on the June 5 and I still have to do you think the fibroids have came back I’m really worried some help please 

Last reply
  • Mini pill

Had my UFE last September this week started on the mini pill as bleeding has been off and on anyone else on the mini pill after a UFE? 

Last reply
  • After Abdominal Myomectomy

I am 27 yrs old and i had an abdominal myomectomy on March 1st. They took out 3 fibroids; 4 1/2 cm, 3 1/2 cm and smaller one (which my doctor didn't specify size). They reopened my c section incision from 10 years ago. It has been a heck of a recovery. Each day holds something different for me. It...

Last reply
  • Myomectomy

Hi all Went to my GP last week. I told him that the Hospital said I can go back to the Gym. He said to do what? I said Tummy exercises he said no. Said i was less than 6 months post op so could still be swollen.  In the meantime he has prescribed. Tablets for IBS to rule it out. I was looking online...

Posted
  • UFE or Myomectomy for 2nd Fibroid removal.......

Hi! So, the fibroids are here again and continue growing and growing.  I am 36 years old, and have no children.  I hope to have children in the future.  I am not certain which option to choose....2nd Myomectomy or UFE?  I had my first myomectomy in August 2012.  I had about...

Last reply
  • Do fibroids affect sex life

I've notice less sensitivity down there. Its hard to climax when I receive oral. Is this due to the large fibroid between my uterus and bladder?

Last reply
  • My UFE Experience: 2nd Week Bleeding. Is it Normal?

I had my UFE on 5/24/18. I am barely into two weeks. The first week was very rough with the severe pain and cramping, the hot  and cold flashes. I was prescribed Dilaudid for my pain and told to take motrin 2-3 times a day for 5 days for inflammation and pain. My IR did warn me to take the pain...

Last reply
  • Unexpected type of period pain

Hi guys, I've had fibroids for a few years now. I have another ultrasound next month because in the last year my periods had gotten even heavier, and my gynaecologist said that my uterus is tilting to one side now.  With having such heavy periods, I have to use a menstrual cup along with...

Last reply
  • 16cm Subserosal Pedunculated Fibroid

Hello all!  So glad I have found this forum. I share a similar story to some of you here. My experience is not over but thought I'd share what has happened to date. I'm 33, married (1 year) and not yet had children. In November last year I was diagnosed with a 16x9cm subserosal pedunculated...

Last reply
  • Natural ways to Shrink Fibroids

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has been able to shrink their fibroids naturally? I have seen a lot of stuff on the internet but a lot of it is confusing. For example they say exercise more, eat more greens, eat organic foods, eat less meat etc What if you already do all of the above and still...

Last reply
  • Post Open Myomectomy

Had my follow up on 30.05.18. Saw one of the staff not the consultant. She did not even examine me. I told her my period was still heavy. She prescribed Meds which my GP could have done. I showed her my stomach. She said that’s not Gynaecoligical. I Pointed out that I had my swollen tummy for 3 years....

Last reply
  • Fibroids

Does anyone with fibroids have trouble bending over? My back kills me when I do. I have difficulty putting on pants, shoes anything that requires bending.  Thank you

Last reply
  • Fibroids

Hi ladies can anyone give me some idea of what happen to my fibroid pain ! l have been suffering for last 8 months but l noticed that the pain isnt half as bad even tho still get lower back pain l dont get up 5 times in the night to use the loo.Im 50 soon and had missed last month period and they are...

Last reply
  • 7 month post op uterine fibroid embolism

I'm in pain and bleeding again. I will make appointment with my gyno . I was putting it off, hoping it would just stop, yeah right😣. I researched a little it might be that, my arteries rejected the little things they injected into them or the Dr. that performed my surgery missed the left...

Last reply
  • Multiple fibroids, route I have taken and very happy 😊

Hello ladies, you are all so strong, I have read your stories and we are all heroes for putting up with the nasty fibroids.  This post is about the route I have taken when I was faced with no options that I was happy with, and I hope will help some of you as an alternative.  18 months ago,...

Last reply
  • Will things ever be normal again?

Is it normal to still be bleeding almost 4 weeks post op? (myomectomy) I had a week of bleeding then 10 days without which was lovely, then it started again with mild cramps and yesterday the pain was worse and the bleeding was heavier. I even felt that familiar 'gush' while at work and had to...

Last reply
  • Esmya Tablets Fibroid Treatment

Hello I'm 44 and have recently been diagnosed with a 11cm Fibroid, my Gyno has put me on Esmya to try and shrink the fibroid, I just wondered if any one could me advice or their review as its fairly new treatment and can't find anyone who has tried it. Thank you

Last reply
  • Fundal Fibroid

Does anybody know if a large fibroid on the fundus can be removed by hysteroscopy or would it need to be by laparoscopy?  

Last reply
  • Anyone have smaller fibroids causing symptoms?

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some advice on my fibroids. After experiencing mild back aches I went for a ct scan in February. All was clear except that it said my uterus was enlarged. I then went on to get an ultrasound which showed I have 3 fibroids. One at 4cm in the posterior fundal and 2 at 1.3...

Last reply
  • Managing pain with degenerating fibroid

I was hospitalized 2wks ago for severe abdominal pain. Have fibroid size of grapefruit that’s degenerating. Getting hysterectomy in two months. Trying to shrink it a bit with implant and hve started hrt (am 44) Due bk at work (teacher) yet getting waves of extreme pain,  back pain, pain down leg...

Last reply
  • First period after myomectomy

Hi all It was 2 weeks yesterday since I had my open myomectomy and this morning I woke with the worst period pains ever!! 😫 My tummy hurts so much particular at the sides of my scar and my back....if it hurt before, now it's seriously hurting!!! Is this normal??? Did anyone else experience...

Last reply
  • A week post surgery (mayoctomy)

My fibroid was removed since 10 days ago, they did give insisions, directly I faced bleeding as a period post surgery by using mefenamic acid tablet twice daily plus other medication it’s fadded in a week post op. The problem that I had my period as it supposed to be in day 9 pos op . It’s just like...

Posted
  • I feel nervous and anxious

I had Fibroid embolisation last week and I have been recovery pretty well. My worry though is that on 3 occasions unexpectedly I had unprotected sex with hubby 6 and 7days after my procedure.  I was told to use condoms for the first 6months to avoid infections but am thinking I may get an infection...

Last reply
  • No more fibroids Yipee !

After giving my body a chance to rid itself of multiple fibroids that were having a huge impact on my life I was left with no further options and had a TAH  Friday 11th May 2018. I am 53 now and was diagnosed almost 2 years ago and was advised that weighing under 11 stone ( I was almost 12 stone)...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.