Skip to content

Uterine Fibroids

Also known as Fibroids, Haematometra

All discussions in this group

Next
  • UFE

I’m scheduled to have this done on Monday and I’m so nervous. 

Last reply
  • Fibroids...

Hi all! Had an ultrasound today and i have a fibroid (small 3cm). Altho it's small in size it has been causing me bother (painful periods, periods coming early, backache and extreme pain during intercourse). I know it's small but it's causing me so much pain when having sex and the periods,...

Last reply
  • Unbearable ovulation symptoms?!

I was diagnosed with a small fibroid above my uterus over a year ago. At that time it was small, but I have not went back to check on it. I also have cystic ovaries.  I have heavy bleeding and pain for the first day of my period but I’ve been able to manage. What is unbearable and scary are the...

Last reply
  • Open Myomectomy

I am just over 4 weeks post open myomectomy and was wondering how others have recovered. The scar is still swollen and sore which I expected however at times I get what I can only describe as sharp "stabbing" pains. These seem to be more from inside my body rather than from the scar. Is this...

Last reply
  • Sharing my positive story... ❤️

I have previously posted on this page looking for advice. I am now so grateful to be where I am. I had a large fibroid which caused me huge amounts of bleeding. It was draining and I was hating life. I was told I may need a hysterectomy and was very upset! Eventually, I was given injections to shrink...

Last reply
  • Fibroids years after hysterectomy?

I had a hysterectomy and everything else removed  in 2013, and a fibroid removed in 2015. Now there’s another unknown mass in the same spot as the 2015 fibroid. GP said  this may be another fibroid. Anyone experience this? When will it end?!

Last reply
  • Natural ways to Shrink Fibroids

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has been able to shrink their fibroids naturally? I have seen a lot of stuff on the internet but a lot of it is confusing. For example they say exercise more, eat more greens, eat organic foods, eat less meat etc What if you already do all of the above and still...

Last reply
  • Dizziness and breathlessness: Symptoms of Fibroid?

Hello forum friends, I'm here to discuss my fibroid symptoms and to get some suggestions from you guys. Please my fibroid story might be funny but I have to say it. My symptoms are dizziness, heavy legs, frequent urination, lower back pain, painful menstruation, heavy bleeding during menstruation,...

Last reply
  • Painful menstruation after open myomectomy

I had a myomectomy for 2weeks and 5 days now, and my period started on Sunday. It's 3 days now and am in serious pain. I haven't had a shut eyes since last night cos of the cramps. The pain is worse on my left side, it even goes to my back. Please has any other person experienced this ? I want...

Last reply
  • Fibroids uterus

Hi all . I had an abdominal myomectomy on the 7th of May my problem is that i still get swellings in my incision.. has anyone had the same problem and for how long. I am worried and my gynae says im healing very well. Your help will be much appreciated.

Last reply
  • Post-UFE experience from a DrPatient

I'm writing this post to share my experience but also has a therapeutic measure as Im quite sure this whole fibroid thing is triggering my depression. I am day 8 post-procedure and I can tell you I am in such discomfort, I'm actually taking diazepam I had left over in the house to help sleep....

Last reply
  • my anxiety is coming back

I think my dad has a serious illness i even cant type its name it scares me as hell, these days he was in hospital and he had a test to diagnose,but now he is home,today i saw a message in his phone he said to my aunt dat his test was not good and me and my mom should not know about dat,since dat momenet...

Last reply
  • Zoladex injection and side effects

Today is day 11 of my first zoladex injection. I’m anxiously waiting for the effects to kick in but as yet I’m not sure I’ve experienced any side effects? Can anyone share their experience of zoladex and let me know when it should start to take effect and stop my hormones. 

Last reply
  • Fibroids ruining my life

Fibroids did years now waiting surgery to reduce them daily large clots taking provera 60mg daily but still bleeding to point of dizziness struggling to manage flow as just non stop.  Any advice am loosing the will.  

Last reply
  • Fibroids & Zoladex

Hello!  I’m 48 with one child and have a fibroid of 17cm and a 5cm ovarian cyst.  I was told that I’d need a hysterectomy and prescribed Zoladex injections to try and shrink fibroid prior to surgery.  I had my first injection and then got a period a few weeks later.  I stopped taking...

Last reply
  • Are these really things caused by fibroid? Dizzy, breatless ec

Morning all For the past 3 years I have been feeling ill in stages, it began with a dizzy lightheaded spell like I might faint, I remember the exact day it happened and things haven't been right since.  Symptoms come and go but I may have a couple of months when I am OK but then the next 3...

Last reply
  • Symptoms that fibroid has grown?

I have very bloated/distended abdomen all the time (visibly protruding like I am about 6 months pregnant, not eating as much, have to wear a pad as bladder seems weaker, I had a scan a few years ago and they said I had a mini fibroid so not sure if it has grown or just being overweight.  What symptoms...

Last reply
  • Heavy bleeding, clots, smell, tired, in pain stomach an back

Hi I was hoping someone could help, every month I take my period I have massive blood clots some the size of a small orange, some months it knocks me right of my feet were the pain is that intense I can't walk with pain in my stomach and back..I have an awful smell, headache and feel very emotional,...

Last reply
  • UFE

Had a UFE in September bleeding now bad again on the list for a hysterectomy anyone else had to have this done after a UFE?  

Last reply
  • Fibroids uterus

I am 5 weeks post abdominal myomectomy surgery, having this scratchy and itchy rash around the incision. And there is a little open wound taking forever to close. Anyone who is experiencing the same thing? I am worried sick...

Last reply
  • Any experience? Hysterectomy possible for 36 yr old and no kids?

Hi there Does anyone know if there is a minimum age for undergoing a hysterectomy if you dont have childeren? Reason I ask..my surgeon mentioned that he would not want to remove my uterus as I am 36, and havent had childeren. It did not really seemed to matter to him, that I didnt want to have any...

Last reply
  • I'm Having Open Myomectomy & I'm So Scared :(

Hello Everyone! So......... I'm booked to have open myomectomy in a few weeks and I'm soooo scared. I've be informed that I have about 8-9 fibroids however they could turn out to be more. The largest fibroid is bigger than a large grapefruit, not sure the exact size. My main symptoms are...

Last reply
  • Heavy bleeding 7 months after UFE

Why??? UFE done September 2017 . Nov 17 ist period normal . second one Feb 2018 .also normal . but this one "holy molly" flash back from pte UFE , pelvic pail left side, bleeding to death it feels like and blood clots big ones, I thought I was in the clear until 4 days ago. I don't know...

Last reply
  • FFM FFM
  • Help

Hi I have a question I had surgery may 10 for  fibroid removing and it been 4 weeks now I’m a little bit worried because my period came on the June 5 and I still have to do you think the fibroids have came back I’m really worried some help please 

Last reply
  • Mini pill

Had my UFE last September this week started on the mini pill as bleeding has been off and on anyone else on the mini pill after a UFE? 

Last reply
  • After Abdominal Myomectomy

I am 27 yrs old and i had an abdominal myomectomy on March 1st. They took out 3 fibroids; 4 1/2 cm, 3 1/2 cm and smaller one (which my doctor didn't specify size). They reopened my c section incision from 10 years ago. It has been a heck of a recovery. Each day holds something different for me. It...

Last reply
  • Myomectomy

Hi all Went to my GP last week. I told him that the Hospital said I can go back to the Gym. He said to do what? I said Tummy exercises he said no. Said i was less than 6 months post op so could still be swollen.  In the meantime he has prescribed. Tablets for IBS to rule it out. I was looking online...

Posted
  • UFE or Myomectomy for 2nd Fibroid removal.......

Hi! So, the fibroids are here again and continue growing and growing.  I am 36 years old, and have no children.  I hope to have children in the future.  I am not certain which option to choose....2nd Myomectomy or UFE?  I had my first myomectomy in August 2012.  I had about...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.