Skip to content

Uterine Fibroids

Also known as Fibroids, Haematometra

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Fibroid in uterus

Ok 2 weeks ago I went in for a Pap smear and after he finished that, he pushed down on my stomach and said he believe I have a fibroid tumor. I was like what? So he said he wanted me to come back in a week. So I went back the second time and he told me it was by the size of a baseball. So now I' …

Last reply
  • Symptoms of Fibroids

I have had severe period pain for the past 5 weeks along with nausea, bloating, bladder problems, constipation, backache and extreme fatigue.  I have at least one large fibroid and am having an ultrasound scan in 3 weeks time before my doc will decide whether to send me to a gynae or not.  …

Last reply
  • Fibroids uterine surgery healing

Its post 3 months after i did an open myomectomy. my problem is my incision still gets swollen and i have discomfort sometimes... has anyone experienced this? What was the solution? It worries me

Last reply
  • Will things ever be normal again?

Is it normal to still be bleeding almost 4 weeks post op? (myomectomy) I had a week of bleeding then 10 days without which was lovely, then it started again with mild cramps and yesterday the pain was worse and the bleeding was heavier. I even felt that familiar 'gush' while at work and had …

Last reply
  • Urterine fibroids

I’ve had the surgery for UFE and I’m spotting all the time it’s been a year now since I’ve had the surgery 

Last reply
  • UFE procedure

please has anyone had the Uterine embolization procedure done cause am seriously considering it as i want a less invasive surgery done. and also what are the side effects of it 

Last reply
  • Fibroid came back

Hi, I am back. I am doing pretty good and feeling great. I had been TTC after my surgery back in Nov 2018. OFC, not right away. I am in the urge of giving up. I think it is something wrong with me. I went to the doctor to get myself check and I explained my doctor everything. She asked me about the …

Last reply
  • 3 weeks post UFE and feeling great!

I learned that I had fibroids this past July.  I had a pelvic ultrasound to confirm the sizes and locations and learned that they were pretty large (I was told that I had two that were the size of grapefruits and one that was the size of a peach and then several small ones.  My …

Last reply
  • Laparoscopy v/s Open Surgery - guidance please

Hi lovely ladies out there, it feels so good to have so many of you'll share your stories here. I have been diagnosed with a 6 cm Intramuscular fibroid. I am 33 and plan to have kids. I am having contradictory opinions from doctors. Some say Laparoscopy is ideal while others say its risky …

Last reply
  • UFE Tomorrow

Hi new friends! I turned 30 in April and apparently have been an incubator for four bouncing baby fibroids for at least a year now--in ascending order, they're a lemon, an apple, an orange, and a grapefruit. I don't want children (this will not change, I promise) but a hysterectomy is a …

Last reply
  • Zoladex

Anyone that’s been on Zoladex had problems with eyes and vision? 

Last reply
  • I have a fibroid

My doctor says that my IUD may help it shrink is this true I've been reading articles that contradict her explanation? It is 1.87 cm I would just like some more insight. 

Last reply
  • Fibroid under the age of 35, before kids

I want to create this group for women who are diagnosed and treated for fibroid at a younger age far from the menopause and never had kids but wish to have kids sooner or later. Most of the other groups have information from women who are facing this issues after kids or closer to menupause so …

Last reply
  • Heavy bleeding and clots after open myomectomy

Hello, I had an open myomectomy 6 1/2 weeks ago to remove 5 fibroids. My bleeding was so heavy prior to surgery (I just continuously passed clots) that I was on norethisterone for a year... only stopping it two weeks after surgery. My first period was heavy although it did not have any clots, I …

Last reply
  • Heavy bleeding with clots after open Myomectomy

I had an open Myomectomy 18 days ago, with 19 fibroids removed. I was told some light bleeding & spotting was normal. However 2 days ago I started bleeding like a period, I am taking the pill which should prevent bleeding & ive had 4 zoladex injections prior to surgery. I am worried the op …

Last reply
  • 16cm Subserosal Pedunculated Fibroid

Hello all!  So glad I have found this forum. I share a similar story to some of you here. My experience is not over but thought I'd share what has happened to date. I'm 33, married (1 year) and not yet had children. In November last year I was diagnosed with a 16x9cm subserosal …

Last reply
  • Fibroids

Does anyone with fibroids have trouble bending over? My back kills me when I do. I have difficulty putting on pants, shoes anything that requires bending.  Thank you

Last reply
  • Esmya Tablets Fibroid Treatment

Hello I'm 44 and have recently been diagnosed with a 11cm Fibroid, my Gyno has put me on Esmya to try and shrink the fibroid, I just wondered if any one could me advice or their review as its fairly new treatment and can't find anyone who has tried it. Thank you

Last reply
  • Fundal Fibroid

Does anybody know if a large fibroid on the fundus can be removed by hysteroscopy or would it need to be by laparoscopy?  

Last reply
  • Unbearable ovulation symptoms?!

I was diagnosed with a small fibroid above my uterus over a year ago. At that time it was small, but I have not went back to check on it. I also have cystic ovaries.  I have heavy bleeding and pain for the first day of my period but I’ve been able to manage. What is unbearable and scary are …

Last reply
  • Open Myomectomy

I am just over 4 weeks post open myomectomy and was wondering how others have recovered. The scar is still swollen and sore which I expected however at times I get what I can only describe as sharp "stabbing" pains. These seem to be more from inside my body rather than from the scar. Is …

Last reply
  • Natural ways to Shrink Fibroids

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has been able to shrink their fibroids naturally? I have seen a lot of stuff on the internet but a lot of it is confusing. For example they say exercise more, eat more greens, eat organic foods, eat less meat etc What if you already do all of the above and …

Last reply
  • Dizziness and breathlessness: Symptoms of Fibroid?

Hello forum friends, I'm here to discuss my fibroid symptoms and to get some suggestions from you guys. Please my fibroid story might be funny but I have to say it. My symptoms are dizziness, heavy legs, frequent urination, lower back pain, painful menstruation, heavy bleeding during …

Last reply
  • Fibroids ruining my life

Fibroids did years now waiting surgery to reduce them daily large clots taking provera 60mg daily but still bleeding to point of dizziness struggling to manage flow as just non stop.  Any advice am loosing the will.  

Last reply
  • Fibroids & Zoladex

Hello!  I’m 48 with one child and have a fibroid of 17cm and a 5cm ovarian cyst.  I was told that I’d need a hysterectomy and prescribed Zoladex injections to try and shrink fibroid prior to surgery.  I had my first injection and then got a period a few weeks later.  I stopped …

Last reply
  • Are these really things caused by fibroid? Dizzy, breatless ec

Morning all For the past 3 years I have been feeling ill in stages, it began with a dizzy lightheaded spell like I might faint, I remember the exact day it happened and things haven't been right since.  Symptoms come and go but I may have a couple of months when I am OK but then the next …

Last reply
  • Symptoms that fibroid has grown?

I have very bloated/distended abdomen all the time (visibly protruding like I am about 6 months pregnant, not eating as much, have to wear a pad as bladder seems weaker, I had a scan a few years ago and they said I had a mini fibroid so not sure if it has grown or just being overweight.  What …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.