4 weeks and still bad effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im 18 Ive been on 20mg fluoxetine for 28 days now , since day 1 i havent been able to go out anywhere i cant physically work at the moment , i find it hard to sleep at night i have no energy throughout the day and constantly feeling anxious and lightheaded , should i go and see me gp can anyone help or gove me some advice please?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Give it more time the side effects should pass your body needs time to adjust

If you don't see a difference in another month go back to your doctor

• Posted

I have seen it can take up to 4-6 weeks to fully adjust

If you can write down your symptoms and keep track

• Posted

Thank you , it has started to frustrate me but i will give it another month to see if the side effects slow down , i will also keep record of my symptoms for my next gp visit x
    • Posted

Ok that's good it also helps to take with food and try to take it at the same time before bed each night

I have found the last couple of days I have been lethargic but today I seem to be ok

• Posted

Hi Madison

My son started these when he was 20 and was exactly the same.  He couldn't work for 4 months, couldn't sleep or eat much either.  He was prescribed Mirtazapine too which helped him sleep, but all your symptoms are just side effects and will ease in time.

You need to give these meds lots of time to work - months, not weeks for a lot of people.  Don't worry about how long it takes because they really will work if you stick at it.  Along the road to recovery you may be up and down too - some days it'll feel like you're back at the start.  This is normal and will get easier as time goes by.

These meds helped my son and he's now back to his normal happy self again.  Stick with it, you'll get there too.

K x

• Posted

Hi maddison I'm on the same dosage as you and 25. I'm on day 12 the first week for me was fine I maybe a little drowsy more during the day that's all. Now I'm starting to feel worse iv not been out out of my house all week which is so out of character for me. I feel so nervous constantly but like the others said I do hope this passes quickly

X

• Posted

Hey Madison,

I know lots of people say stick it out and it will get better. I'm not saying it won't, cause maybe it will and that would be great. However, I do know I experienced the same side effects as you. Couldn't leave my house due to increased anxiety, no appetite, constant dizzy/lightheaded feeling, and more. This was only being on it for 2 weeks. My doctor heard all this and took me right off. She said side effects are normal but to be experiencing almost every single one and feeling worse is not ok.

If I were you I would at least speak to your doctor and see what they have to say. My doctor took me off after only 2 weeks of feeling this way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.