5 months to the day !!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello everyone

Hope you are all doing well.

I saw my surgeon yesterday. He took an x ray of my right hip and he showed it to my. WOW there is not much left of the top of the femur. The only thing holing my leg together is my muscles It was explained to me by the radiologist that All I have in my joint now is a little lump of bone and a load of mush a bit like marrow consistancy.

Any way. I will be going in on Monday 14th September. That will be exactly 5 months to the day after having the left one done.  I know I will be more scared this time than the last time because I know what is coming. But my surgeon has assured me he will get the same anaesthetist and the same team together I had last time to make me feel less worried. I will be cared for by a male nurse who I got on well with and will be on the same ward as last time. but will have a room on my own which I am so happy about. So 2 weeks 3 days to go. I will also be allowed to have my hydro therapy session before I go up to the ward.

At least I will get the hip done before the bad winter weather hits and have my birthday at home before I go in too. biggrin

7 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck for the 14th.  The damage to your femur sounds really bad.  You must havebeen in terrible pain sad
    • Posted

Hello CelsB

I am in really bad pain that is the reason I havn't been about much. More pain meds means more tired so been sleeping a lot and still feel tired when I wake up. It really does get to you. I can't wait to get out of pain and be able to get rid of all these meds. I have been on them far too long and l have been really miserable.sad

• Posted

Good luck with your next one,how much pain and trouble did you have with the first,what happens with Hydrotherapy before  and after,Allmy best wishes Michael.
    • Posted

Hello Michael.

Thank you. I didn't have much pain or trouble with the left one. It was and still is fine. I do get the odd niggle but nothing to what I was or still am going through pain wise. Once the right hip is done I can't see me being on pain lkillers for long. I will still carry on with the hydrotherapy before and after the op once I am healed up.

• Posted

You have been through so much. Good luck with the op and keep us up to date
    • Posted

Hello Maggie

Yep I have been through a really rough time. But at least in a couple of weeks the nagging andf excrusiating pain will be goned and the pain I will have been left with will eventually go. I can't wait to be off all these mmeds and have a few beers at christmas.

• Posted

Good luck fro your next op. At least you are having the same team so they know you and it should go well!
    • Posted

Thank You annedi.

Yes I am glad I am having the same people look after me. It won't be l;ike I have to explain everything again. They will just pop in read my notes to refreash themselves and that will be it.

• Posted

Good luck, Hailea,

Ive just done it for the second time and all is good. My hip was in really shocking shape so if you think about it, it really is the only way forward.

Just think of your life without pain, being able to walk and stand without your brain by fuddled by drugs. Won't it be amazing? That's the sort of thought pattern I'm going with at the moment and its carrying me through.

I too had exactly the same team this time and knowing their expertise and how well they did number 1, I really couldn't go wrong.

Please try and keep your chin up, the end of the road is just within reach now and your life as you know it will be no more.

Keep us posted as to how things go and we are all here rooting for you.

Take care.

Ali xx

• Posted

Hello Ali

I bet you are so happy to be out of pain. I hate hospitals but I will be so glad to be out of pain, I think it is really great that my surgeon is arranging the same people I have a really bvad time with hospitals because if things that have happened in the past so having the same people will help a lot.

• Posted

Boy Hailea you sound in really rough shape.

so glad you made the decision to go for wellness.

• Posted

Hello Jodi

I had my left hip0 done on April 14th this year. only a few days after that was done my right hip joint collapsed and everything went down hill from there. Yes I have had a rough time. but hopefilly things will go much better this time. I have been asking my surgeon to do my right side for weeks but I had to wait for all the complicationjs to settle down. At least I won't be much longer now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.