5 months to the day !!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello everyone

Hope you are all doing well.

I saw my surgeon yesterday. He took an x ray of my right hip and he showed it to my. WOW there is not much left of the top of the femur. The only thing holing my leg together is my muscles It was explained to me by the radiologist that All I have in my joint now is a little lump of bone and a load of mush a bit like marrow consistancy.

Any way. I will be going in on Monday 14th September. That will be exactly 5 months to the day after having the left one done.  I know I will be more scared this time than the last time because I know what is coming. But my surgeon has assured me he will get the same anaesthetist and the same team together I had last time to make me feel less worried. I will be cared for by a male nurse who I got on well with and will be on the same ward as last time. but will have a room on my own which I am so happy about. So 2 weeks 3 days to go. I will also be allowed to have my hydro therapy session before I go up to the ward.

At least I will get the hip done before the bad winter weather hits and have my birthday at home before I go in too. biggrin

7 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Hailea --

Wow, good news !!! the wait is almost over ... 

i have seen my surgeon yesterday and made the decision to have the left hip done ... no other option really - pain is almost constant now and pain meds not helping much - 

already had blood taken, EKG made, went to admission and made an appointment with anesthesiologist - now on the list - 

My surgeon will do the surgery - i have no recollection of his team though - 

What a relief huh?   we can do it ... 

big warm hug and love send your way

renee

• Posted

Dear renee

So happy to hear you are getting sorted now too. My pain is beyond much help now and I am almost bed rideden again. I can walk about 10 feet before the pain becomes too much yet again. Even getting down the hospital in an ambulance is getting to be too much. I can sit in my chair and I can feel the top of the bone through the skin in my groin. I know my surgeon and his team well they advised me when I had issues and my surgeon was not about to advise me.

His registra was on night duty 3 times when I was in the ward the last time and he kept coming in to make sure I was ok or if I needed anything. They looked after me very well so I do trust them.

I hope you don't have to wait too long renee. I will be here to support you when you get your date for sure. :-)

• Posted

Al the very best hailea. It sounds like a lot of things are in your favour at last. Have a great birthday . will be looking forward to the day you post " done and dusted and very successful ".
    • Posted

Hello Attrac

Thank you for your kind words. It won't be much of a birthday this year but I sure will be making up for it at christmas as long as I am not on the meds which should be the case. I am looking forward to the day when I can get up without the pain I am suffering from now.

I am looking forward to next summer because my best mate has invited me to stay at his house in Northern Ireland. So will be doing a few pub crawls while I am there and having a few BBQ's cheesygrin

• Posted

BEWARE!!! The pub measures are bigger in NI. Not as big as Tenerife where I hope to have a pub crawl next year. Keep going.
    • Posted

lol don't worry attractac. I am under no illusion about the magic waters or the quantities in Ireland. I have mates in the South in Dublin too.
  • Posted

It will be fine,,, take a deep breath and smile..... you came through successfully for the first one ... and you now know you have a great team smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.