50 mg of Trazadone and Headaches

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was prescribed 50 mg of Trazadone for Depression / anxiety on the 26th of June, since staring taking this dose I have noticed I am getting bad headaches that make me feel sick, blurred vision, sweating, dizziness and diarrhoea, I spoke to my psychiatrist about the symptoms I am getting and she told me Not to take tonight's dose and she will contact me tomorrow. I want to come off these tablets and I wanted to know if anyone else had these problems and how long after coming off did they stop?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello James,

I only took one Trazodone (can't remember the dosage -I think 50mg like you). I had a severe allergic reaction to just that one tablet and have not taken any since. It frightened me. Your symptoms are also quite severe. Hope that, since you posted this note, they have completely disappeared.

I am glad you are off Traz. Hope you find an alternative med.

All the best.

• Posted

No Rose I am still getting symptoms but I had to stop taking Trazadone on the 6th of July, I could not cope with the binding headaches and nausea, I also had diarrhoea from day one (26th of June) and I am getting this and bad sweats even though I am 6 days off this Drug, I am re-introducing 10mg of Citalopram over 7 days and then on Saturday 15th of July going up to 20mg. I just hope things all settle down, thanks for your reply Rose, take care and be safe, James 

• Posted

What else are you taking am/pm?
    • Posted

I am Not taking anything at night, I re-introduced 10mg of Citalopram for 10 days then went up to 20mg, but I am still getting the Headaches. 
  • Posted

Just wondered how you are doing now being off the Traz.  I weaned very slowly, and took my final dose about 3 weeks ago.   My weaning has been a nightmare.......  
    • Posted

hey I am looking for some info to see if this cause of all my problems, I only took zopiclone for a month and then change to trazdone 50mg for day for month and half, i have respiratory problems got so bad i can only walk a block now and get severe head pressure when I do and numbness in different in hands and feet. did you have any of these symtoms? and how did you wean off the traz? docs have uselss any info would grateful

• Posted

did you have tension headaches like cracking and popping, and high blood pressure when quitting? also maybe some anxiety and panic attacks, and maybe vision messed a little with light? how did you cope with it, i went from quarter to nothing now for few days, desperate for info

• Posted

David, even thought I weaned off what I consider slowly, yes I went through hell with traz. My face would fill with pressure, my ear would plug, and I would be all off balance. I am 1 year post, and still going through withdrawls, mind you I also weaned of Klonopin too. Worst 22 months of my life

I had many many withdrawal symptoms............

• Posted

I’ve only taken this drug once and I got an instant headache as soon as it kicked in I don’t know what is going on
  • Posted

Hello James, those side effects your having are more or less the same as mine, only real difference is i currently take 150mg at night since mid Jan18, i will not take anymore because i can not live with the side effects, i tried sticking with it with the hope that it would get better, but for me its constant. I would ask to get medicated with a different medication and see how it goes. Good Luck.
    • Posted

hey dave, did you have any respiratory problems develop from the drug?

• Posted

arent these withdrawl symtoms lovely!!I just tried weaning off 50mg a day to 12.5, was feeling good and brething getting better but i have 2 stroke like symptoms now..head pressure and then follows by some numbness in feet and hands and leg and arm feeling heavy. Did you have any of these symptoms, I am wondering if it was stroke or withdrawl symptoms

• Posted

I know this is an old thread. I was on Trazadone for 1-month, 50 mg per day. After two weeks I developed nausea, dizziness, severe heart palpitations and a severe headache. I could feel my heartbeat inside my head and it was debilitating.My doctor told me this was a very gentle medication and my dose was relatively low - she explained there are people taking 600mg per day.

Just posting my experience so others with similar can realize they are not alone. This is one nasty drug.

• Posted

did you get any numbness or tingling in hands or feet, desperate for answers I'm in emergency as I type this..sorry u had experience this, I've as trazadone only over a month as well n I have respiratory problems now?

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are also having trouble with this drug. Yes I did have numbness in and tingling in both my left and right arms.

• Posted

sorry you had feel these horrible side, did you have any respiratory problems? and have you tried to get off it? I am trying to figure out if trazodone is what caused all this. I am seeing different doctors now but none I think is caused by this, but I was pretty healthy and active 2 and half months ago..maybe we can exchange some info, since we both seem like short term users

• Posted

No respiratory issues. I stopped cold turkey on 6 October. I suffered extreme headaches for nearly a week after my last dose. The night of the 7th was the worst. I was dizzy as well.I will not be going back on this, or any other medication. I will be participating in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction in the coming weeks.

All drugs are a toxin to the human body - even Tylenol. The benefits have to exceed the harmful side effects.

• Posted

i am just started on trazodone. yes i get the groggyness all morning but it hasnt done what i expected, sleep. i am still awake at 2am and last two days woke with sore throat. early days dr says. i dont feel right and domt know if this is just start up effects so not sure whether to continue. i have depression and anxiety and have tried ssri,snri,tricyclics. just praying this may work.

• Posted

I would stop it before you have problems. I went through horrible withdrawals for months. Please be careful

• Posted

i wouldnt even try it anymore, i used it for about 2 months at only 50mg now i have serious respiratory problems and all kinds of side effects.. I was perfectly healthy before this and allegic to nothing and active. My doc said he;p me sleep, now it might help me sleep the there way if i dont figure this out fast..so I would listen to these people with experience, not doctors who havent used it

• Posted

did any of your symptoms by chance be respiratory? desperate for answers

• Posted

what did you try after trazodone? psych is telling me to stay on at least two weeks, will i get withdrawals after 50mg then? DR HAS NOT MENTIONED WITHDRAWALS! I WONDER WHY......

• Posted

i have been getting ache in my back between shoulder blades, not sure if its respiratory or digestion related. appetite seems alright and can eat some chocolate (chocaholic). otherwise just as depressed and unmotivated as before. dr wants me to take it for two weeks to see side effects. tried so many others to no avail. there are many posts on here saying its great for sleeep, not for me, i am awake often in night.

• Posted

OMG, I had to wean off it. It took about 8 months. I was on 75 mg. I would never take anything again!!!

I had also been put on clonezepam and had to wean off that to.

The weird thing was is that I was put on traz for anxiety. My doctor asked me if I was having trouble sleeping and I said no. Everything I have read is that traz is for sleep. Stupid me just trusted my doctor.I felt like a zoombie on it. I guess because I did not have any problems with sleeping, it really affected me. In the morning I could not shake the feeling of being drugged.

It has been a very long road, and something I thought I would never have to do.

Between both of these drugs, it took about 10 months to wean off.

I have been off the traz just about a year, and the clon for just over 10months, and I am still going through protracted withdrawals.My windows are getting longer, and my waves shorter.....but it has been a nightmare!!!!!

• Posted

Hi David,

I did not have respiratory problems while taking it or when weanong off. But I had so many withdrawal symptoms...A complete nightmare!!!!

• Posted

arent these withdrawl symtoms lovely!!I just tried weaning off 50mg a day to 12.5, was feeling good and brething getting better but i have 2 stroke like symptoms now..head pressure and then follows by some numbness in feet and hands and leg and arm feeling heavy. Did you have any of these symptoms, I am wondering if it was stroke or withdrawl symptoms

• Posted

I can not tell which it is. Your doctor should be telling you that.

But, I can tell you that I did have numbness especially in my feet. I think it was when I was weaning. I can not remember if I had it while on Traz

• Posted

my doctor useless unfortunately, and most docs dont know about withdrawls i have asked, this say maybe could

• Posted

did you by chance have tension headaches like snack crackle pop and ears like plugged on a plane. or blood pressure get really high, i finally quit it 3 days ago from quarter to nothing i m trying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.