50 mg of Trazadone and Headaches

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was prescribed 50 mg of Trazadone for Depression / anxiety on the 26th of June, since staring taking this dose I have noticed I am getting bad headaches that make me feel sick, blurred vision, sweating, dizziness and diarrhoea, I spoke to my psychiatrist about the symptoms I am getting and she told me Not to take tonight's dose and she will contact me tomorrow. I want to come off these tablets and I wanted to know if anyone else had these problems and how long after coming off did they stop?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

were your headaches tension like, popping and cracking sounds and like ears plugged buddy?

• Edited

After 10 years of Trazodone as a sleep aid (50mg) I stopped taking it 2 years ago, since then I have experienced blurred or smoky vision, continuous ringing in my ears (tinitus), serious tension headaches in my head and neck often triggered by smells like bleach or my wife's nail polish remover. I thought I had Occipital Neuralgia but after stumbling on to this site I'm starting to rethink my initial assumption. If anyone can corroborate these effects I love to hear from you.

• Edited

zygote34, I have been on traz for 10 years and looking for answers to these symptoms for many of them. I've wasted thousands of dollars and countless hours with professionals of every field related to spine, neurology and the like trying to find out what was wrong with me. Every one of them knew I was on this med but none knew about it's potential for these symptoms. Yes! In every way I started believing I had occipital neuralgia! I am officially one day off this horrible drug and grateful to you all for posting your experiences. Already feeling markedly better.

• Posted

Hi. I'm experiencing really intense migraine headaches everytime i wake up. I was taking 150mg of trazodone for about 2 months and recently just stopped taking them. Its been about a week and the headaches havent stopped. About how long after you stopped the medication did headaches stop?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.