Skip to content

Trazodone

All discussions in this group

Next
  • rose 72472 2
  • mere03725 3

Trazadone -night sweats??

I have been on 50 mg of traz for about 5 days. Since then, I have had mega night sweats. Has anyone else had this issue?! Has anyone stayed on traz long term?

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lorraine24104 3

Mirtazapine to Trazadone

I have recently tapered off Mirtazapine to 7.5. Psych has prescribed Trazodone 50 with a view to dropping Mirtazapine in 2 weeks and possibly upping dose so Trazadole. i seem to be ok apart from waking after 3-4 hrs sleep. I eventually go back off after anything from 30 mins to 2 hrs. This is when

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jennifer35061 1

On 50mg trazodone for 6 days..want off..how?

've only been on this med for 6 days and while it allows me to get a sound sleep, I'm VERY drowsy in the evening. More bothersome is how it makes me feel like I'm 100 yrs old. Body aches, stiff me several minutes to get out of bed. Any advice on a withdrawal schedule would

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jim1962 1

Trazadone side effects

I've been on trazadone for 4 years 150 mg in the morning and 150 mg at night , although they take they help my depression and anxiety I feel I'm constantly  tired lethargic and so drowsy all I want tto do is sit down and close my eyes I also feel spaced out and as if it's the medication that is

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ann84583 1
  • BLUESY 3

OFF MIRTAZAPINE 3 WEEKS,,NOW TRAZODONE

i was on the mirt for 4 months for dep/anx/chronic worked wonders for the dep/anx,,,i feel great to what i did 5 months ago ::: but still have sleep problems i only sleep 2-3 hrs a night and feel i need more,,that is better than none,,,dr today prescribed TRAZODONE 50MG ,,,has any

29 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sunshine1991 2

Mirtazapine to trazodone

I was on mirtazapine for 10 months and my psychiatrist switched me to trazadone. Anyone else just switched ads like that? I'm worried about withdrawals and want reassurance. Also yrazodone doesn't help me sleep at all, been on it 3 nights at 50mg. Also how long can you spend on this drug without

• sunshine1991 2

Mirtazapine to trazodone

I was on mirtazapine for 10 months and my psychiatrist switched me to trazadone. Anyone else just switched ads like that? I'm worried about withdrawals and want reassurance. Also yrazodone doesn't help me sleep at all, been on it 3 nights at 50mg. Also how long can you spend on this drug without

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Nicstead 3

Trazodone 150mg is working - feeling much better

Hi all. I just wanted to put a positive message out to say things are really looking up now. Day 6 on 150mg. I take it at 8pm and get into bed at 10pm (still not feeling tired by the way) but then after half an hour or so drift off into a lovely deep sleep until around 7am. Insomnia ruled my life

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ImustImust 3

Trazadone - My own experience

I have trouble sleeping and some time back my doctor referred me to a sleep therapist who diagnosed depression which he said was invoking the insomnia. He prescribed the anti-depressant Trazadone which he said would help with both problems. I had been taking them for about a week when I got the

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Nicstead 3

I've been on Trazadone for 3 days now.

Please can anyone help? I would like to know how long roughly for the next day groggy feeling to pass. Just feel so sleepy the next day even though I have had plenty of sleep. Also eating a lot more, I thought this med reduced your appetite? 

3 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • leeparsons21 1

Bad Trazodone side effects

I've been taking trazodone as a sleep aid since the end of September, it's horrible. I sleep for a few hours but then I'm up for the rest of the night. I've been short of breath, felt heart palpitations and I've noticed that I'm more anxious once I take it. I'm seeing my doctor soon so I will try

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kattybopatty 2

Not sleeping well on trazodone

Am I the only one not sleeping since taking this? Currently on 50mg (I assume a low dose to check suitability) and I'm waking up throughout the night yet struggling to wake up in the morning. I feel really spaced out in the day like things aren't real. Does this stop after taking it for a while I'

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • sophie11492 2

Withdrawal after 3 days?

Hello all, I've been taking trazodone for only 3 days, 50mg. Is it possible to have withdrawal symptoms after only 3 days of taking it.. Thanks, Sophie

• Copper8061 1
  • Nicstead 3

5th day on 150mg of Traz and now it won't work for sleep aid

Hello can someone help??? I am very pleased to say the next day groggy feeling has disappeared - Ace! Now I've started to wake again during the night - which is annoying as this is the very reason I was prescribed the meds.  Should I up it to say 150mg plus 1/2 a tab? Or give it a bit

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • lisa90009 2

Trazodone - feel sick

Prescribed Trazodone as a sleep & depression drug. Taken it for 10 days and feel sick as a dog and headache all day, but, the doc also took me off cymbalta 10 days ago and I don't know which is making me so ill. Anyone with sickness taking this drug? Do I continue and live in hope or cease it?

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • melissa37770 2

Im to scared to take Trazadone

Hi i am on Venlafaxine 150mg for anxiety, they now prescribed me 50mg of Trazadone to help with my depression. I am to scared to take it incase my 2.5yr old wakes up in the middle of the night and i cant help. My concern is will i be able to function as a mother on this and do my job??

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • torment 1

Can't keep still

I'm on venlafaxine and have been given trazodone to help me sleep. I've taken it for four nights. The first two nights I slept well, I was drowsy within forty minutes then on the third night I wasn't drowsy for about two hours and then couldn't get to sleep for a bit, I slept well once I did.

• avanana2011 1

Been on Trazodono for a week

I've been taking Trazodono 50 mg for a week now and I don't like how I'm feeling. Still not sleeping well and I want to come off. What do I do? Thanks, Avanana2011

• Guest M

Prescribed alongside Citalopram

Hi guys, Back story etc: Prescribed this at 100mg per night, alongside Citalopram (40mg daily), and Diazepam (as and when needed). I have severe depression, anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, anger and other crap. This stuff is just bloody m-e-n-t-a-l. It was like being bludgoned over the head with

• paul33757 2

Trazodone

A had a breakdown and anxiety attack basically lost the plot was in bed for days thinking a was dieing went to Docters they give me seratline made me I'll anxiety worse then tryed mirtazapine took them for 7 weeks at first had loads of vivid dreams but then couldn't sleep at all and anxiety coming

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

I was on citalopram for a few days but I started getting...

I was on citalopram for a few days but I started getting nose bleeds so I just started 150mgs of trazodone yesterday and boy did I feel like shite! all I wanted to do was sleep so I slept all day even when I finally woke up I had no energy =( gonna try and take a half me thinks n see how it goes!!! here'

• NatCali 3

Trazadone

Been taking trazadone 25-50mg for last 2 weeks. I hate the way it makes me feel so I stopped this past Friday. Was feeling so so up untill today. Feeling very weird. I can't explain it but my mind just feels weird. It's freaking me out and I want to make sure this is all normal. I know i shouldn't

• angel1970 2

Trazadone

Hello im just in the process, of weening off 200mg sertraline ,please can anyone tell me if Trazadone is has effective at treating deppresion and anziety has ive been reading somewhere on the net its normally given for sleep. Thankyou

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • celematy 2

Withdrawal symptoms on Trazodone?

Hi, wondering if anyone has had the withdrawal symptoms from trazodone and could share with me what happens? just come off a 200mg dosage and i can't find anything online about it

• shabz69 2

trazodone side effects

Hello,  I have been on trazodone for the past 3 months and seem to be getting on with it at the moment.  My anxiety has lessened but am still more miserable than the last couple of weeks i have been experiencing fluttering and twitches in my legs and wondered if anyone else

• patty c 2

StopPing trazodone

I have been on trazodone 50 mg fore 18 days, and I want to stop.  How should I do this.  I was put on it to help with Zopiclone withdrawal.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • angel1970 2

trezadone

Hello could anyone help . Im wondering if its possible to split a 150mg trezadone tablet whitch would make it 75mg ? And is a 75mg allowed ? Thanks

• Butterfly1 3
  • shabz69 2

Trazodone

I have been prescribed Trazodone and will be taking my first dose tonight.  Can anyone tell me what to expect? am very nervous of taking any anti depressant as have had not had a very good esperience with others that i have thanks  

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • angela08347 2

withdrawel from being reduced on trazodone

I am asking this time about coming off trazodone i'm now taking 1 x 50mg trazodone every 4th day and feel very tired as on the nights i don't take it i only get around 4 to 5 hours sleep but on the night i do take it i get a great night sleep. the nights i don't sleep with i get a bit edgy and

• liam28679 3

Starting Trazodone

Hi, I'm coming off Mirtazapine and I'm supposed to be starting 50mg of trazodone tonight but after reading how rubbish people feel on it and how sedating it can be i don't think I'll bother as i want off the Mirtz for that very same reason amongst other side effects, dunno what my Dr was thinking!  ...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • roberto1878 1

trazadone and sex

I'm switching from amitryptiline to trazadone for my insomnia. The past year I've cut my dosage from 100 mg to 20 mg amitryptiline via a sleep restriction programme. I wanted to switch from my pill if I coiuld not get off it completely as it causes erectuile dysfunction. I have had contradictory advice,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions