Skip to content
Ad

Trazodone

Also known as Molipaxin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • trazodone

hi i really need some advice ive just started taking trazodone 150mg at night but the following day i feel like a complete zombie is this normal thanks

Last reply
  • 50 mg of Trazadone and Headaches

I was prescribed 50 mg of Trazadone for Depression / anxiety on the 26th of June, since staring taking this dose I have noticed I am getting bad headaches that make me feel sick, blurred vision, sweating, dizziness and diarrhoea, I spoke to my psychiatrist about the symptoms I am getting and she told...

Last reply
  • Stopping Trazadone. Need help

Hi I've been taking 12.5 mg of trazadone since June for sleep recently my dr. also increased abilify to 4 mg. I cut down on the trazadone for 2 weeks to 6 mg and then stopped. Lately I've had heightened anxiety and depressive times. How long will the withdrawals from trazadone last?

Last reply
  • Quitting Trazodone

I have been trying to quit taking trazodone for a couple of weeks. I have been experiencing many more bowel movements than normal.  I also feel that my legs feel like they have electricity running through them. I am staying active by the grace of God by fast walking and that is helping me.  I...

Last reply
  • Depression, anxiety, low appetite, insomnia & trazodone

Hi everyone, I got diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety & severe insomnia nearly 10 weeks ago.   It started with severe anxiety that led to 11 nights of no sleep, which then turned into severe low mood. I didn't get out of bed for 2 1/2 weeks. I couldn't physically sleep or turn...

Last reply
  • just took 3 hours ago ..

i just took my first dose 3 hours ago i feel sleepy , kinda calm but yet annoyed it didn't knock me out of help me sleep , can it take a few days to have a full effect ? i'm on 50 mg 

Last reply
  • Trazodone cardiac side effects

Seven weeks ago, I took 50mg Trazodone on two consecutive nights. Woke up with severely irregular heart beat, SVTs and frequent PVCs. Will these cardiac side effects ever go away on their own ?

Posted
  • Trazodone

i was on trazodone for 2 years, slept some most nights, deleloped a allergic reaction, it made me itchy all over.  Stopped taking it, tried Gravol and over the counter mess, nothing is working.  I'm not worried or upset about anything, my life is good, I'm retired.  My brain just...

Posted
  • Needing advice with trazadone

I'd been taking trazadone for at the most 5 weeks. I was taking 12.5 mg at night for sleep amd also took 25 mg some nights. I also take fluoxetine for generalized anxiety. I stopped taking it June 30th and on the 2nd of July I broke out in hives but didn't know what it was from then the anxiety...

Last reply
  • trazodone side effects

Hello,  I have been on trazodone for the past 3 months and seem to be getting on with it at the moment.  My anxiety has lessened but am still more miserable than happy....thing is...for the last couple of weeks i have been experiencing fluttering and twitches in my legs and wondered if anyone...

Last reply
  • Trazadone -night sweats??

I have been on 50 mg of traz for about 5 days. Since then, I have had mega night sweats. Has anyone else had this issue?! Has anyone stayed on traz long term?

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine to Trazadone

I have recently tapered off Mirtazapine to 7.5. Psych has prescribed Trazodone 50 with a view to dropping Mirtazapine in 2 weeks and possibly upping dose so Trazadole. i seem to be ok apart from waking after 3-4 hrs sleep. I eventually go back off after anything from 30 mins to 2 hrs. This is when I...

Last reply
  • On 50mg trazodone for 6 days..want off..how?

Hello...I've only been on this med for 6 days and while it allows me to get a sound sleep, I'm VERY drowsy in the evening. More bothersome is how it makes me feel like I'm 100 yrs old. Body aches, stiff joints..takes me several minutes to get out of bed. Any advice on a withdrawal schedule...

Last reply
  • Trazadone side effects

I've been on trazadone for 4 years 150 mg in the morning and 150 mg at night , although they take they help my depression and anxiety I feel I'm constantly  tired lethargic and so drowsy all I want tto do is sit down and close my eyes I also feel spaced out and as if it's the medication...

Last reply
  • OFF MIRTAZAPINE 3 WEEKS,,NOW TRAZODONE

i was on the mirt for 4 months for dep/anx/chronic imsomnia....it worked wonders for the dep/anx,,,i feel great to what i did 5 months ago ::: but still have sleep problems i only sleep 2-3 hrs a night and feel i need more,,that is better than none,,,dr today prescribed TRAZODONE 50MG ,,,has any one...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine to trazodone

I was on mirtazapine for 10 months and my psychiatrist switched me to trazadone. Anyone else just switched ads like that? I'm worried about withdrawals and want reassurance. Also yrazodone doesn't help me sleep at all, been on it 3 nights at 50mg. Also how long can you spend on this drug without...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine to trazodone

I was on mirtazapine for 10 months and my psychiatrist switched me to trazadone. Anyone else just switched ads like that? I'm worried about withdrawals and want reassurance. Also yrazodone doesn't help me sleep at all, been on it 3 nights at 50mg. Also how long can you spend on this drug without...

Last reply
  • Trazodone 150mg is working - feeling much better

Hi all. I just wanted to put a positive message out to say things are really looking up now. Day 6 on 150mg. I take it at 8pm and get into bed at 10pm (still not feeling tired by the way) but then after half an hour or so drift off into a lovely deep sleep until around 7am. Insomnia ruled my life before....

Last reply
  • Trazadone - My own experience

I have trouble sleeping and some time back my doctor referred me to a sleep therapist who diagnosed depression which he said was invoking the insomnia. He prescribed the anti-depressant Trazadone which he said would help with both problems. I had been taking them for about a week when I got the following...

Last reply
  • I've been on Trazadone for 3 days now.

Please can anyone help? I would like to know how long roughly for the next day groggy feeling to pass. Just feel so sleepy the next day even though I have had plenty of sleep. Also eating a lot more, I thought this med reduced your appetite? 

Last reply
  • Bad Trazodone side effects

I've been taking trazodone as a sleep aid since the end of September, it's horrible. I sleep for a few hours but then I'm up for the rest of the night. I've been short of breath, felt heart palpitations and I've noticed that I'm more anxious once I take it. I'm seeing my doctor...

Last reply
  • Not sleeping well on trazodone

Am I the only one not sleeping since taking this? Currently on 50mg (I assume a low dose to check suitability) and I'm waking up throughout the night yet struggling to wake up in the morning. I feel really spaced out in the day like things aren't real. Does this stop after taking it for a while...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal after 3 days?

Hello all, I've been taking trazodone for only 3 days, 50mg. Is it possible to have withdrawal symptoms after only 3 days of taking it.. Thanks, Sophie

Last reply
  • 5th day on 150mg of Traz and now it won't work for sleep aid

Hello all....Please can someone help??? I am very pleased to say the next day groggy feeling has disappeared - Ace! Now I've started to wake again during the night - which is annoying as this is the very reason I was prescribed the meds.  Should I up it to say 150mg plus 1/2 a tab? Or give it...

Last reply
  • Trazodone - feel sick

Prescribed Trazodone as a sleep & depression drug. Taken it for 10 days and feel sick as a dog and headache all day, but, the doc also took me off cymbalta 10 days ago and I don't know which is making me so ill. Anyone with sickness taking this drug? Do I continue and live in hope or cease it?

Last reply
  • Im to scared to take Trazadone

Hi i am on Venlafaxine 150mg for anxiety, they now prescribed me 50mg of Trazadone to help with my depression. I am to scared to take it incase my 2.5yr old wakes up in the middle of the night and i cant help. My concern is will i be able to function as a mother on this and do my job??

Last reply
  • Can't keep still

I'm on venlafaxine and have been given trazodone to help me sleep. I've taken it for four nights. The first two nights I slept well, I was drowsy within forty minutes then on the third night I wasn't drowsy for about two hours and then couldn't get to sleep for a bit, I slept well once...

Last reply
  • Been on Trazodono for a week

I've been taking Trazodono 50 mg for a week now and I don't like how I'm feeling. Still not sleeping well and I want to come off. What do I do? Thanks, Avanana2011

Last reply
  • Prescribed alongside Citalopram

Hi guys, Back story etc: Prescribed this at 100mg per night, alongside Citalopram (40mg daily), and Diazepam (as and when needed). I have severe depression, anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, anger and other crap. This stuff is just bloody m-e-n-t-a-l. It was like being bludgoned over the head with a...

Last reply
  • Trazodone

A had a breakdown and anxiety attack basically lost the plot was in bed for days thinking a was dieing went to Docters they give me seratline made me I'll anxiety worse then tryed mirtazapine took them for 7 weeks at first had loads of vivid dreams but then couldn't sleep at all and anxiety coming...

Last reply
  • I was on citalopram for a few days but I started getting...

I was on citalopram for a few days but I started getting nose bleeds so I just started 150mgs of trazodone yesterday and boy did I feel like shite! all I wanted to do was sleep so I slept all day even when I finally woke up I had no energy =( gonna try and take a half me thinks n see how it goes!!! here's...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.