withdrawl symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I havent taken traz in about 3 days now, trying to wean off 50mg's, has anybody experienced cracking and popping sounds in their head and little in the jaw. Also, tension on my head and with hears felling plugged like on a plane, i am desperate for info, has anybody had these symptoms from quiting this lovely drug? also has anybody experienced HIGH blood pressure from it , and anxiety or panic attacks i think what it might be?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes to all of the above. I stopped taking it 5 days ago and the withdrawals have been miserable.

• Posted

hey sorry youre to hear you are going through this. I am trying to figure out if these are withdrawl symptoms or not..have had every blood test, mri on head, etc past month now and zero problems before this. did you have any symptoms before pills if you dont mind me asking? i only used about 2 months, any shortness of breath?

• Posted

I hate to say it but it's probably withdrawals. I used it for 3.5 months. Prior I had some insomnia & anxiety issues due to crazy life circumstances but NOTHING like what Trazodone did to me. I also have had a brain MRI, neurology referral and endocrinology referral. I wish I never touched this stuff!

• Posted

no wayy you had mri as well, lol..short time as well to hay! welll i had been on zopincone for about a month and then doc said quit cold turkey and put me traz for almost 2 months, so maybe thi si the problem. i am in rough shape and havent touched zoplicone in 2 months and traz almost a month..i actually just finished with neurologist, she is doing angiogram, mri on my spine and wants me to take another anti depressant for tension headaches and i aint touching that for sure..did you have any TIA symptoms like headaches and then body gets weak on one side or numbness of hands or feet, pin n needles on finger tips? i am just trying to figure this out

• Posted

Yeah I've had just about everything. Chest pain, numbness, brain zaps, mood swings, headaches, insomnia, panic attacks, muscle weakness, tremor, nausea, dizziness. Horrible. I can't believe they tell people these drugs are "safe" when they prescribe them.

• Posted

well you made it your more, days become easier..keep me updated, ill see how your doing next

• Posted

Thanks! I could use some support! Hang in there. You'll start to feel better and better!

• Posted

I took months to come off traz, and still had terrible withdrawals. This is a devil drug

• Posted

Do you feel better now that you're off of it? I am hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel because at 6 days cold turkey it's pretty rough! 😕

• Posted

You have to remember I weaned off traz and clonezepam. Mu weaning in total was 9 months. and i am now just about 1 year off. I still go through waves and windows. This is day 3 of a wave, but prior to that I had a 6 day window which was wonderful.

Yes I do feel better, but it has been a very long road.

• Posted

Kudos to you. How long were you on them for? I'll have to wean off of Ativan next. Not looking forward to it...

• Posted

Thank you, but the weaning off for 9 months, and now being post 12 months have really has been the hardest thing I have ever done.Doctors do not believe that withdrawals can still be going on at 12 months post. They have no idea.

• Posted

I am about to start weaning Lorazepam. To be honest, I'm terrified! People like you give me hope!

• Posted

Well, I truly wish you the very best. It is not the easiness thing to do, \just go really slow. I know it seems forever, and it is easy to tell yourself that speeding the process gets you off quicker.....but it is the worst thing to do. I spent more time coming off the traz and not enough time coming off the Clon, and I am paying for it still.

Just please when you start, make sure that when you are dropping the dose, you make sure you are ready for it. If your plan is for example every 2 weeks, and you have not stabilized, then stay on the dose until you are.

Dec 9th will be a year off clon for me. So that is about 18 months into the whole nightmare. Never want to do this again.....and I won't !!!!

• Posted

I am pretty good for the most part. 9 months off of trazodone and will be 8 months off of benzodiazepines on August 21st. I ended up getting reallly sick and developing tolerance withdrawal. Did a rapid taper as an inpatient and let's just say it was awful and I struggled for months afterwards.

I am grateful to say MOST of my symptoms are gone now. I still have waves, but so far they've been tolerable and I just have to remind myself that that's what's going on when they happen 😃

How are you?

• Posted

I am so very glad to hear you are doing well. It is sure an experience I will never want to go through again. I am post 20 months from clonezepam and about 21 months from trazodone.

I am certainly better but not 100 %. I so still get waves and windows too. |There are the most annoying as when I am in a wave, the fear of it sometimes overtakes me. I feel like....oh my goodness, it's coming back.

I follow and read a 12-18 month protracted on Benzo buddies. It really helps knowing that a lot of people really do experience this, this far out.

What do you experience in your wave, and how often and for how long

• Posted

I definitely relate to the fear of the wave taking over!!! I'm always afraid it's going to get as bad as acute withdrawal was but it never does!

When I have a wave it's usually blurry vision, brain fog, anxiety and insomnia. Then that leaves me overwhelmingly exhausted. I also have this weird issue with my right ear that I can't even explain but I'm sure it's related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.