Getting off Trazodone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone felt ill taking this drug and tried to get off it. Have terrible brain fog , tinnitus, weight loss, anxiety and generally feeling ill ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

It's a terrible drug.

It took me forever to wean off. I had awful anxiety throughout the the weaning process.

Time and patience will be your friend

• Posted

I am currently weaning off 50 mgs trazodone. I have been taking it as a sleep aid for three years. I have been tapering slowly for over two months and I am down to about 16.5 mgs each night. I sleep about four hours each night and this is a battle I must win. I will stay at this dose until I feel like I can reduce it further. Personally I think this is a horrible drug and wish I had never taken any of it.

• Edited

I have the same problems at the moment. Brain fog is horrible, dizziness and weakness in arms and legs. How long did your withdrawal symptoms last after taking the last pill? Everyone is different. That's clear. But I'd like to get at least some data to keep me motivated. At the moment, 5 weeks of this drug, it fells like it would last forever.

Thank you very much!

• Posted

Hey I have stopped Trazodone (50mg) 4 weeks ago and what a horrible experience it has been so far!! Severe anxiety,/panic, nausea and a hot/cold buzzing sensation in arms/shoulders and chest. The panic is the worst symptom for me. I see on some websites it says up to 6 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.