Trazodone antidepressant (Desyrel, Oleptro , Trazodone D) anyone used or tried it?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi.... I have got this Trazodone antidepressant prescribed by my psychiatrist... I will start using it from tomorrow. Anyone knows something more about this antidepressant. How it works?

And have anyone used it or tried it?? I would like to hear your experience guys if you have tried it...

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

some people find they get addicted to it . once addicted it's like going into cold Turkey there is a lady on here she is addicted I use it to help me sleep but rarely now.

I am addicted to oxycodone I been told I need a operation as my spine is curving the wrong way. they have to go through my belly but the back surgeon wont as I have to much scar tissue so I am now on a fast release oxycodone as well as the slow.

my general surgeon hes going though the belly as I have got to have my colostomy stoma resited. so I know I am addicted but my pain is so bad I will keep taking them.

so u got to weigh up whether u can do with out or u will take them. what I would do is take them for say a week see if they have helped u enough to keep taking them if not STOP. hope this as helped.

• Edited

hi I was taking 100mgs per night on and off for 9 months for sleep.had to come off cold turkey after suffering horrendous vvertigo.withdrawal is not pleasant at all! constantly dizzy, out of it and anxiety.egoMy advice if its for depression there are better solutions out there ,if for sleep don't.

• Posted

I have somatoform anxiety.... or health anxiety.....my symptoms are mostly based about heart ( heart palpitations, sharp heart pain, racing heart, etc ) plus i have blurred vision, dizziness, weird pressure in head, headaches etc.

im not sure if this trazodone is good for my condition....

I used antidepressant Faverine 2 years ago and i had horrible withdrawal too but it only lasted 2 months... i had brain Zaps, horrible dizziness, muscle spasms, fasciculations etc...

• Posted

hi read up about the side effects of trazodone some of them involve heart issues.I can only give you my experience you have to make your own mnd up whether to take it or not some people are ok some not but wihdrawing is difficult.

• Posted

I'm on a very small dose of this and so far about 3 months it has helped me get right to sleep and has curbed my anxiety a tad better.....I'm on 50mg

• Posted

Hi - I was prescribed Trazodone for insomnia and depression along w/Remeron. It has helped me sleep a bit more, but does nothing to help my mood. I'm slowly titrating off of it, and noticed sometimes a little less sleep and increased anxiety. I found it better than sleeping aids like Ambien. It's different for everyone trying to find something that helps. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Hi - I was prescribed Trazodone for insomnia and depression along w/Remeron. It has helped me sleep a bit more, but does nothing to help my mood. I'm slowly titrating off of it, and noticed sometimes a little less sleep and increased anxiety. I found it better than sleeping aids like Ambien. It's different for everyone trying to find something that helps. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

How long are you on it ? What dosage and did you had any side effects? I still didnt start taking it because im afraid of side effects...... I saw that one of side effects is Priapism ( long lasting painful erection that never ends and you need to go to surgery so they pull out blood from penis with needles... its sound like a nightmare to me... i know its rare side effect but im so unlucky in life so i believe anything can happen ) . I had bad side effects from some other medicaments in past so thats one more reason why im afraid to take any meds anymore....

• Posted

use trazadone for sleep 100 it works and i sleep longer with it than without it

• Edited

Starting low dose trazodone for sleep was easy. Quitting trazodone after three years is a horrific experience that I am currently going through. I wish I had never tried it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.