sleep paralysis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been dealing with sleep paralysis my entire life, but as I grew older it happened less frequently. I've been prescribed this trazadone to help me sleep, but I think its causing some sleep paralysis episodes. No matter what, when the sleep paralysis happens I panic. I panic as i'm telling myself not to, that if i just relax, maybe I will drift off to sleep. Can't do it. I can't stand the feeling of not being able to move and I fight it every time, especially when it feels like I can't breath. So. Is this medication known for causing this?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to hear it is causing this. I myself did not have that issue. I do remember falling asleep and not moving all night. If I did wake up and use the washroom in the middle of the night, I felt drunk. Also in the mornings when I woke up, I was a zombie.

BUT, the horror started when I started to wean off, and I did it very slowly. Never ever again will |I take that crap.

• Posted

I am sorry to hear it is causing this. I myself did not have that issue. I do remember falling asleep and not moving all night. If I did wake up and use the washroom in the middle of the night, I felt drunk. Also in the mornings when I woke up, I was a zombie.

BUT, the horror started when I started to wean off, and I did it very slowly. Never ever again will |I take that crap.

• Posted

• Posted

I did not have that issue, either. But when I would get up in the middle of the night I would sometimes fall over because my legs gave out. Weird.

I just quit cold turkey on November 24th. I've been miserable... but there's no turning back.

• Posted

this legit just happened to me, I went to sleep at 2 am and woke up at 4

am from sleep paralysis. I am so scared to go back to sleep, I got work at ten am, something told me not to take it tonight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.