Stopping Trazodone

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry for all of the posts. Trazodone has made me feel too tired, and I preferred how I felt while not on it. I only took 50mg for two nights. Will I still get withdrawal?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

Hi Jeff

If you have only taken for 2 days, you will be just fine.

Glad your not going to continue

• Posted

Lolasmom, that is such a relief! Thank you for replying and best wishes!

• Edited

I am sure you have been fine, but just thought I would check in.......

• Posted

thank you for checking in. I have been so-so. I was on Mirtazapine before but have been off for a month as of this sunday. i had felt dizzy almost 24/7 without meds so thats why i saw my psych last week and he prescribed Trazodone on thursday. i didnt take it until sunday because i was actually starting to feel much better. but i decided to give trazodone a try. now that im off of it i have been dizzy again and couldnt sleep hardly at all on tuesday and wednesday. i had to take half a klonopin last night because i needed sleep. im not sure what to do anymore. my dr said i could just take klonopin as needed more often if im not on anything long term but klonopin addiction is always in the back of my mind so i use it sparingly. i think i will give it time but if i continue to be unable to sleep i might have to try trazodone again. its aggravating because before the trazodone i was able to sleep

• Edited

Jeff, I was prescribed Trazodone for a sleeping problem several years ago. It had absolutely no effect. I was on it for over six months. I'm not sure it did anything but make me feel ill when I upped the dose too much. I didn't get any withdrawal symptoms. You definitely won't get withdrawal symptoms after a couple of days. Your sleeping issue now won't be caused by Trazodone either.

• Posted

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your advice. I think it's just my anxiety coming back since I came off meds. The 2 nights I took trazodone it did help me sleep. I am going to give it another go especially since I was so dizzy when i was driving today that i shouldnt have been on the road

• Edited

If you were fine before the trazodone, then I would give it some time

As I mentioned I took trazodone and klonopin....These were the worst decisions of my life.Withdrawals were horrendous. And protracted withdrawal for 24 months.

I will never take anything like that again.

It amazes me that people (not you) say, they are taking a very low dose of klonopin. The is no low dose when it come to that crap. And taking it daily for more than 14 days, you body is then addicted.

Sorry, I am not much help. I am just so concerned when I see others taking these

• Posted

lolasmom, I do have a question though. Did Trazodone make you drowsy at first and does it improve with time? Started it agsin last night and am worthless today, have no energy for anything

• Edited

Jeff, I know you didn't ask me and I don't know what the nature of your problem is, but I feel pretty certain that these med's are not the way to go.

There are better ways of dealing with anxiety issues. Sometimes perhaps med's will help in the very short term for a real crisis but in the long run they just aren't going to get you to the right place.

• Posted

thanks mike. i know, i wanted to be off of meds but the problem is that i have difficulty functioning and doing things when im not on one

• Posted

Oh yes it did.

I remember having to get up to go pee in the night, and it was awful. Could hardly walk.

Through the day, I felt like a zoombie

Please be careful

• Posted

I made an appt with psych for tmrw. Im coming off Trazodone. Ill probably go back to Mirtazapine just at a lower dosage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.