Scared to Start Trazodone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was prescribed Trazodone 3 days ago, but haven’t taken it yet. I’m a little hesitant and scared of side effects. Can anyone offer reassurance or opinions? Also, I was last on Mirtazapine (came off 3 weeks ago). If anyone has experience with taking both drugs, what were the differences you observed?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I was prescribed trazodone too... 2 weeks ago... And im still afraid to start using it because i read some horrible side effects..... the one that scares me most is PRIAPISM ( long lasting painful erection ).So i dont know what to do now.... I feel same like you.... Im hypersensitive to medications and thats what makes me worry more....Did you get it prescribed for anxiety?

• Posted

Hi Mark, yes it is for anxiety. I took it last night and so far nothing concerning has happened!

• Edited

i will start tomorrow.... i hope there will be no horrible side effects... Have you used some other antidepressants in the past?

or is this your first time?...

• Posted

also, feel free to update me on how you feel once you start it if that helps ease the anxiety of starting it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.