Starting Trazodone Tonight

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I am starting Trazodone tonight. Any advice or information you think I should know?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well, I guess I would say....don't take it. But this is my opinion only. I took it at bedtime for about 16-18 months.

I then weaned very very slowly, but went through terrible withdrawals during and also post withdrawal.

I also had a benzo to withdrawal but found trazodone far worse

• Posted

Jeff I hope you are OK. I took 50 mgs of trazodone every night for three years. It works good for sleep but it is the worst drug I know of when it comes time to quit. The sooner you can get off that drug the better off you will be. Good luck!

• Posted

i thought this stuff was non addictive and easy to wean off of. not the case? Im about to try to beat some very nasty insomnia with this stuff, haven't slept in weeks, and have tried everything else. Short term it could be ok?

• Posted

Please don't take it. I took 50mg only for about 4 months and I'm trying to wean it off at the moment. It's terrible!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.