56 year old obese woman, sudden eruption below breast (picture attached)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

My mom got this kind of a large pimple looking thing below her breast. She's 54, fairly obese and is complaining that this thing appeared out of nothing is very painful because because when her breast is causing friction. Any idea how to get rid of, much appreciated. Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You haven't attached a picture but, I wonder whether she is sensitive to nickel?  A lot of underwired bras have nickel in the 'wires'  & that can cause a lot of problems.  You could suggest to your mum that she buys either an unwired bra or one that is nickel free.

In the meantime, a steroid cream, possibly with an antifungal agent in it, should help.

But, has she been to see her docotr?

• Posted

This is definitely not about nickel, it's an eruption of this thing not too different looking than a nipple, just darker, and which is pretty sizeable. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
  • Posted

Here is the picture, which I forgot to attach at first. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.