6 month old with HFMD

Posted , 3 users are following.

In September my son developed small blisters on one of feet and the odd spot/blister on the same leg and a few on his chest and side. GP said it was HFMD and that it would clear up in 7-10 days, after 2 weeks it was still there and getting worse, saw another GP and was told the same again. A further 3 weeks later and he’s still no better and saw the GO again to be told it’s clearing up and will go within 10 days. 2 months after the first signs of HFMD it finally cleared up and the blisters were all gone. After 1 week of it clearing up it is back and worse than before! How can it come back so soon, it’s really sore and painful and I feel if I go back to see the GP I will be be told the same things all over again. Lost at what to do now! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am not a medical professional, but it doesn’t sound to me like HFMD. I would get a second opinion.  It took a while for my son’s blisters to fade, but they didn’t keep coming back. I was told that a person/child cannot catch the same strand of the virus again. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thank you, I’m going to get him booked in to the doctors again. He’s been in terrible pain on and off today if he knocks his foot or if I touch it. I’ll see what they say this time round.
  • Posted

Usually, this disease or virus begin in mouth, foot and hands and then spread all over the body.. So i don't think they given you the right diagnosis, but i'm not a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.