6 Months with burning, discomfort, and itching. PLEASE HELP

Posted , 7 users are following.

So im 19 years old and been dealing with this s**t for 6 almost 7 months, its completely changed my life and im basically depressed because of it. i used to lift weights and such and be a very active person, ever since this started i cannot do anything that i normally would do. ive tried numerous amounts of ointments and diet changes but it never goes away, and i only use wet cotton pads or a shower to clean after a BM. im a college student and the last 2 weeks i was there before COVID took over i actually was able to stop it, but AS SOON as i came back home it reoccurred. All i was doing was taking a probiotic every morning and pysilllum husk at night, and with a high fiber diet. But now that im home and in lockdown i cannot seek any doctors advice (which to tell you the truth they didnt help really at all) It seems to be getting worse and i seriously dont know what to do, im currently on a anti inflammatory/vegan diet but that doesn't seem to help the burning when i have a BM either, been using white vinegar the past 2 days not sure if that's working either. i l know I'm young and can probably cure myself i just DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE someone help i cant live like this

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

also to add, my anus is rather red and looks quite irritated/inflammed. some days its much more red others not so much

• Posted

Honestly you should seriously get some hydrocortisone cream for temporary relief, and i cannot tell you how much a bidet attachment for my toilet changed my life. it was unbelieveable the relief if gave me after just a few days. now i can't go without it or it comes right back so if i go on vacation for a weekend it starts coming back. i know i seems crazy. but its not. try it.

• Posted

hydrocortisone was the first thing i tried, even got the higher dose 2.5%. been reading alot on here how a bidet has helped significantly, might have to try.

• Posted

My solution for years long itching were baby wipes. I stopped using toilet paper and changed it for these. Took me some weeks for the 100% itching to go. Now I get 2 or 3 itching episodes a week... You might try. Hugs.

• Posted

i used to use baby wipes even when i didnt have this issue, so maybe i should try again, ill keep it in mind if the wet cotton isnt working again

• Posted

As I said...IO used toilet paper forever until this condition showed up. Battled it for some 8 years until on this same group somebody suggested the wipes. After a couple of weeks the itching started to leave... Since then I never use toilet paper... Get well soon.

• Edited

you may have a fissure. my mother in law has suffered for a year with those and they wont heal. She is having a little surgery next week where they do a little slice next ti the fissure and then it heals it somehow. i suffered for quite some time with chronic itching. it was awful. i used calmoseptine ointment on amazon. best relief i found. plus do not push at all. i finally feel good again. also only wipe with wet toilet paper and up inside a bit too. Hope this helps.

• Edited

arent fissures supposed to be rather painful and sometimes bloody? because i never saw blood or had pain, i had an anoscopy done a few months ago and doc said he found no fissure or hemroids

• Posted

I feel your pain brother! you say you're experiencing burning, is this all the time or after BM? burning is usually a sign of haemorrhoids. have you tried a cream for "jock itch".....it helped me out and I've had issues for 15 years. take care my friend.

• Posted

usually the burning is accompanied like 5-10 seconds after i empty my bowels, it it almost feels like its an internal burning beyond the peri anal region but i had an anoscopy a few months ago and they found nothing up there. I tried lamisil which is terbinafine which treats jock itch, tried for 3 nights with no improvements there, im so lost 🙃

• Posted

GET A BIDET ! I went through the same thing, went to a rectal surgeon, changed my diet, used prescription cream, put cotton balls between my cheeks, everything. Nothing worked. Then I got a bidet attachment for my toilet, and stopped using wipes. Best thing I ever did for my health. It also helped to stop using soap on the area, use Balenol instead. its expensive but totally worth it. Bidets can be gotten for around $30-$40, I got a bio bidet and it was pretty easy to hook up. Don't wait don't think about it, just do it. Please!

• Posted

I have a pair of hemorroids. So, sometimes when I get a scratch I over clean the area with baby wipes and then the hemorroids get somehow tender for so much scratching/cleaning and even sometimes the towel comes out with blood stains. So I just try the following days not to over use these. And after 2-3 days the zone gets back to normal.

• Posted

Hi Dylan,

I have had the same problem for the last 7+ months and now I think and hope I managed to get rid of it: I tried several things before. first I went to the proctologist and he told me that it is neither hemoroids nor a fissure (but I did not trust completely,. 2nd advise is important...). he said it comes from scratching. for me it was impossible to stop scratching. I could not live a single day without scratching. It is best to do it as gentle as possible and please no fingernails. Through the internet I got the advice to avoid the area completely, so no Toilet paper etc. but after BM it was so bad.... Then three days ago I started a fasting cure and after my last BM 2,5 days ago it improved a lot. I have not scratched for the last 60 hours and the itching has almost vanished! What will happen after the next BM? I hope that my skin down there has healed now. so in the end it was just me not being able to stop scratching and injuring the sensitive skin there. I also realized that it is very important to avoid EVERY contact with toilet paper and also not even touching the area. even water still irritates it a bit. today i could have a nap without being disturbed by itching. i was so happy. I keep you up to date, Sylvia

• Posted

When you say scratching do you mean literally scratching your anus or are you like pulling the skin from outside. because i have not once ever scratched down there at first it was more itching now it seems to just be alot of burning and sharp stinging/dryness

• Posted

Any fasting or dietary changes is not a permanent solution. I'm like an Evangelical offering everyone the salvation of a Bidet. Please please please do yourself a favor get yourself a bidet attachment for your toilet. They are cheap and easy to install. After you start using the bidet you wont need to wipe so hard, also stop using baby wipes they only irritate the area, also try not to use soap on the area, get a soap free cleanser. Balenol is expensive but its the best.

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.