6 weeks on prozac

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I've now been on prozac for 6 weeks.

1st 10 days were grim, then 4-5 days feeling elated. 7 days bad then 4-5days good ,since then its just plateaued out to much of nothing however the last 4 days feeling very depressed and like my heads in a vice.

I've tried most ssri over 25 years with 15 successful years on paroxetine which sadly stopped working.

Hoping I'll get the good feeling back from 2nd week.

Any help would be much appreciated. x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi Steven I'm on fluxidine 8 weeks today I'm on 40mg 2 and half weeks the side effects and journey I've been on has been terrible unfortunately you have to be patient which is very hard we all want to get better quickly I'm still wanting to throw up every morning shaky anxious low mood all over the place I really hope it ends soon I to was on escalapram for 16 years tried weaning off went back on them for 6 weeks had to stop made me suicidal and now on fluxidine for 8 weeks its been rough what dose are you

• Posted

Hi Robert,

I'm on 20mg but will book up to see the GP and maybe he'll up the dose. I'm most frustrated as i felt great a few weeks in!

• Posted

it's brutal mate I've had a journey from hell and still in it never been through anything like this in my life 8 and half weeks in 3 weeks on 40mg tomorrow absolutely horrible hope it ends soon good luck mate we have to get through this stay strong bro

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.