A message of hope

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies

I haven't posted for a while although I do keep up with what's going on for you guys. My post today is really a message of hope. I've just been reading back through my journal entries from this time last year when i was desperate, suicidal, and convinced I'd end up in a psychiatric ward. Since then I have found a wonderful consultant in women's health, have had a mirena coil fitted, am taking anti depressants and started on HRT. I also visit a counsellor regularly. I don't know what the future holds as far coming off HRT etc is concerned all I can tell you is I have my life back. I am back to work having made a lifestyle change and starting to work for myself. I still have my struggles and symptoms still trouble me but I can cope. This morning I actually felt happy for the first time in 12 months.

I suppose my message is don't give up, accept whatever help you need - there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Have a good day my friends x

Anita

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Morning Anita and thanks for your post hear, we all could do with some encouraging news and yours sure is that, so glad you found something and someone who helped you.

Sue 

• Posted

That is really uplifting thank you so much for sharing. It really helps to know things can get better. Im so happy for you that you are feeling better and I really mean that

Unless your going through this hormonal hell nobody could understand.

God bless x

• Posted

Thank you for the encouragement of hope. Hope is the only thing that keeps me hanging on. I am glad you were able to find help, get some relief and learning to cope. Continue to stay on that path. I am really happy for you.
  • Posted

That's fab news I'm really pleased that you have found the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with your new work too 😊
  • Posted

Hi Anita

This is good news. I'm wondering if you would now be able to give up the anti depressants?

I had tried those plus mood stabilisers and really just didn't think they were doing much so soldiered on without them.

Started HRT and within the first 2 weeks depression and anxiety began to lift. I'd had it 10 years tried all sorts pharmaceutical and natural. Nothing has ever done for my symptoms what the HRT alone has.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.