A Skippy start to the first day of 2024

Posted , 1 user is following.

😞 I was picking up something from the floor and as I turned around to put it back down, I felt a weird, constricted (knot) feeling in my upper tummy and chest. It felt strange in my throat too. I placed my fingers on the carotid artery and this is what I felt: beat, beat, beat, two quick beats, then beat, beat, beat, two quick beats, then beat, beat, beat, two quick beats, then normal beats from then on. I don't think the heart rate went over 80 the entire episode. I was so shook up, I was shaking and crying. I had told Steve I would make us Chef salads, I did, but I was so befuddled I had a difficult time making them. I tried to eat, but I couldn't finish because I felt full and bloated, plus it was huge, I can't believe Steve ate all his and the little that was left of mine. I am calmer now, but my tummy feels fluttery and I am on the alert for more skipped heart beats. What a way to start 2024

I hate that weird "knot" feeling in my upper tummy when they start, and the shortness of breath. I feel that feeling the most when I am talking or twisting or bending a certain way.

I will also add that lately, if anything upsets me, even a little bit or I feel anxious, the skipped heart beats usually start, they weren't this "hair trigger" in the past.

Happy New Year anyway, I hope y'all have a better, skip free day. Hugs.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.