abdominal pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone experienced such abdominal discomfort that you've actually considered going to the ER?  I've been there for other things over the last six months - extreme anxiety, dizziness.  All the tests I've had have come back normal.  This is new though.  Anyone else out there? 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Does it come and go or is it constant? If it comes and goes, I would bet it's IBS. I've had it really bad during times of extreme stress and anxiety.
    • Posted

It does come and go but when it hits, boy is it uncomfortable. As usual I have a hard time believing it's due to hormones and then anxiety increases. Is IBS triggered by hormones?
    • Posted

It can be due to a whole lot of things. Hormones and stress and anxiety are very common causes. And it can be really bad when it hits.
    • Posted

Thank you for writing! Hearing from others calms me down a lot. I have certainly had a delicate stomach in the past but this blows it away. It just escalated out of nowhere - just like all these other. Peri symptoms. Do you have any remedies?
    • Posted

I usually feel ok first thing in the morning and then I eat something and then it hits.
    • Posted

I totally think it's ibs. Been dealing with it for 30 years! The doctor can help. Sometimes they prescribe anti anxiety meds. I am on a new medicine that's for ibs called levsin. It's has been wonderful. But check with a doctor. No need to suffer when there are a lot of ways to treat it.
    • Posted

I will definitely look into this. So your IBS wasn't all a result of peri? You've had it before hormones starting being an issue?

Just want to feel like my old self again - we all do.

• Posted

No, I've had it for 30 years. But it's something that can come and go. And it can start anytime. Hormones can definitely be a trigger. It's very common and not a disease. It can be managed. And sometimes symptoms go away.
  • Posted

Alllll theeeeee timmeeeee
    • Posted

Hmm well triggers at the moment seem to be sugar dairy gluten certain fruit and greens. As you can imagine that's impossible to avoid so I'm trying apple cider vinegar pre meals , digestive enzymes and gut healing formulas like slippery elm
  • Posted

yes, get it too...of and on ...sometimes i confuse with the cramps lower down coz sometimes its lower down rather than up and i feel my periods are gonna start...sometimes its higher up

i take some local ayurvedic caps with peppermint

• Posted

Hi Marie

I had what was thought to be food poisoning which ended up with severe abdominal pain on my right hand side.  I knew it was not normal, and ended up ringing our 111 number and the operator sent an ambulance.  However, they decided that the pain was due to the food poisoning and said that they thought I had a urine infection as well so to see my GP when I stopped throwing up!  They gave me some sickness suppressants, which didn't work, and the severe pain continued until the middle of the next night.  And then it stopped.  In hindsight, I think that the food poisoning/ being sick had somehow led to me twisting the ovarian dermoid cyst that was eventually discovered....which somehow untwisted itself.  Or I may be putting 2 and 2 together and making 24!

I had had abdominal pains, on both sides, for about 9 months prior to that.  It was only because of the blood in the urine, that 2 months later I had an ultrasound scan which found the 9cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary.  Interestingly, linked to your post above, I had fainted twice in the previous few months before its discovery - I have never fainted before, and I wondered what was going on.  Maybe it was linked to the cyst in some way?

Good luck - see if you can get an abdominal scan just to make sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.