Acute Angioedema

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had hives mostly on the back of legs (buttocks) (shoulder areas, back of neck) going on 3-4 years now. I've seen an allergist and all she recommended was Reactine. This has not helped at all and didn't relieve anything. So, my Doctor recommended Cetirizine. That hasn't helped much either, because once the medications run out the Hives come back. I've noticed it's always when I have contact with bedding, blankets, (when I sleep) and I wake up the next morning—they're always there—returning, reminding me. Some say it's a period that can last 5-7 years when aging and maybe they'll go away with time—thanks alot! What a stupid solution (to hear) from Doctors in Canada.

Such a painful way to live (now in my 60's). I'm hopeless with this. No one has any answers. I'm wondering if Epson Salt baths might be my next step? Nothing is curing this ailment which frustrates me to no end!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I m now going on my 6th or 7 year taking xolair for my hives.. nothing absolutely nothing worked except this shot.. I went to over 5 drs , allergists no one could figure it out.. I m now 74 and this is a childs disease they said well i m not child .. ask your dr about his shot.. many of the ppl taking this are taking it for hives when in fact it was an asthma shot.. good luck these are horrible or were for me..

• Posted

Xolair injections work well for hives. Ask your doctor about taking it. Or else you will have to continue with Cetirizine. Baths with Epsom salts will give you short term instant relief, but they are not long term solutions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.