Advise please...

Posted , 4 users are following.

So in Feb I was suffering with abdominal pretty much all day every day sometimes it'd be low down and sometimes higher up. Increase in gas and indigestion. Had blood tests which were normal and doctor put in down to IBS. Now saying this I hadn't had a change in bowel movements at all. Not diarrhoea nor constipation. Firstly I was just wondering if it is possible to have IBS with no bowel changes? Would appricate it if anyone could enlighten me on this please.

Now I had these pains everyday since February until beginning of May now they've gone I get the odd day of pain/cramping ? But not often and its not bad. But past 2 weeks been feeling slightly sick, a feeling a lightheadedness and slight dizziness. Also suffering from tiredness. Which doesn't improve with sleep or anything I was just wondering if these sound like IBS symtoms or not. I would google these symtoms but when my doctor suggested it could be IBS couple of months back I went googling mad and Ended up convinced I had colon or stomach cancer so I don't Google symtoms anymore. Anyway thamkyou for taking time to read this long winded post but any help would be hugely appreciated and thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Many people do get bowel habit changes with IBS.  However, I have heard that some people do not get this symptom.  I haven't heard of dizziness or lightheadedness with IBS. I would ask your doctor about that.  Tiredness and nausea are common symptoms of IBS.
  • Posted

I do not suffer from ibs c or d however just stomach cramps, and with these cramps sometimes I did get dizzy and tired along with back pain.

I would go check it over with your doctor just to be safe!

• Posted

Hi emma iv been told iv got ibs due to pains in my abdominal area and bloating. It's very rare I have change in bowl movements. Iv had lots of bloods done too and sent a stool sample in everything was fine so she's just put it down to ibs. It's so hard to except all this pain is just from ibs! I get very light headed and dizzy too, but I tend not to eat very much when my pain is bad so I guess it's just my sugar levels dropping. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.