After laparoscopy keyhole surgery painful coccydenia what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all, having lower back pain after my keyhole laparoscopy surgery since January. just last week all of sudden pain gone worsened. I went to my GP she noticed inflammation of lymphnodes in Groin and surrounding areas I.e pelvis, tailbone, thigh. My GP is very helpful as she was unsure what it was but she mentioned inflammation is the sign of infection somewhere in those area ; therefore she gave me two different antibiotics. After six days pain is still there in between I been to see my gynec consultant at Northwick park Hospital who done my surgery but he didn't seem helpful and discharged me. I donno what to do?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry you are going through this. i do not really have advice on what to do other than to continue to be persistent and be an advocate for yourself. you know something is not right, and hound your doctors until someone listens and does something to give you answers. stay strong, us women with these issues are overlooked or not taken seriously. if need be, seek a second opinion. your new doctor can get your records and may help gain insight on what is truly going on.

• Posted

thank you for your reply. I knew something isn't right since my opp. I had previous cesarean, abortion, laparoscopy but this time it was one of the bad experience wish it was nightmare unfortunately it was a reality . physically and mentally it effecting me no matter how many times I tried to divert my mind. it effecting even more when my consultant said last week at outpatient appointment that he only removed cyst, old adhesions, and there isn't he thinks anything wrong and discharged me.

I'm going to see my GP if she can referrar to have full MRI scan to see what's going on inside.

x

• Posted

MRI PELVIS GYNECOLOGICAL result

the uterus measures 84mm by 53mm with no significant endometrial thickening. the functional zone appears thickened with Multiple small fibroids causing mild heterogeneity of the outer endometrium with no evidence of significant adenomyosis. Normal appearance of the cervix with multiple nabothian cysts in the endocervical canal.

within the left adnexa there is a 42mm×34mm well circumscribed cyst which demonstrates high signal on T2 and low signal on theT1 weighted sequences with of small amount of meniscual layering noted inferiorly which is high signal on the T1-weighted/T1 fat saturated images in keeping with a small amount of blood layering within the cyst.

I had laparoscopy surgery in January included 5 keyhole, removal of burst right ovarian cystand DNC since I'm unwell.

Recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetesand on going urine infection is this all connected with my opp and reports? someone please help.

xx

• Posted

I think you need to go back to your GP and ask for a MRI scan to be done to find out exactly what the problem is so it can be treated probably. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.