Air bubble in vagina feeling

Posted , 38 users are following.

hello,

for the past week ive had this sensation like an air bubble is trapped at the entrance to my vaginal canal. moving around and squirming doesn't seem to help. I can't get relief from this feeling. I went to the gynecologist. my swabs were negative for STD yeast and BV. I was worried about a fistula or prolapse but after doing an internal exam my doctor said neither one of those was the problem. she referred me back to a pelvic floor physical therapist. I was in PT two years ago for high tone pelvic floor dysfunction. I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt this way? has treatment been successful for anyone? I'm having a hard time trusting my doctor... if she didn't find anything what else could this feeling be?? it's causing me great anxiety and driving me a little nuts.. I can't get comfortable and it's causing me to lose sleep. help!!

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I bet your doctor examined you lying down. Ask her to examine you in a standing position, so that anything that is "coming down" she will be able to feel. When lying flat these things often just fall back into place..Do you have vaginal "burps" or are you just saying it feels like a soft lump? When are you most uncomfortable? and what relieves the discomfort? Any problems with peeing, pooing, intercourse?

Any vaginal births?

• Posted

yes she did examine me laying down. they arent burps and nothing comes out it just feels like something is there and i cant get it out. im most uncomfortable when im sitting or laying down. walking around feels fine. nothing really seems to relieve the discomfort. no problems with peeing pooping or intercourse. im 31 and have had 2 vaginal deliveries with no complications. my youngest is 6.

• Posted

there isnt a bulge of flesh where i feel the discomfort just the opening of my vagina

• Posted

Something irritating your pudendal nerve? Did this start after doing strenuous exercise or lifting children or have you been riding a bike or working out a lot?

• Posted

This actually started after a 6-hour day of hunting... sitting on a stool in the 30 degree weather. when we came home and I changed into pajamas and sat on the couch I noticed it was there. that was last Sunday night.

• Posted

Sounds like that sitting on a stool may have affected a nerve in that area. Possibly your pudendal nerve. Have you tried cold compresses and ibuprofen?

• Posted

i took some ibuprofen this morning and its been a bit better i think but still there. i don't usually ice i use heat for my pelvic floor dysfunction. i will try that too. i hope its the nerve ive been freaking myself out about a fistula or prolapse. 😦 😦 😦

• Edited

update:

i just saw my pelvic floor physical therapist and she is pretty sure its nerve irritation. she gave me stretches and strategies to try out and then will do an internal examination next app to rule out prolapse. she doesn't think thats it so heres hoping.

• Posted

I have a similar problem, however with bowl emptying problem and no births. I would like to hear if it was eventually a nerve issue or something else.

• Posted

any more updates? im dealing with this too

• Posted

Did you ever figure anything else out? I'm dealing with the same thing right now.

• Posted

i still have this feeling from time to time. it comes and goes. what have you ladies found out

• Edited

I have the same problem. Constant feeling of air and emptying problem. Can you please tell me if you got a diagonstic? Its very frustraiting for me, doctors just don't understand me....

• Edited

Hey did yours go away? ive had this feeling for 24 hours and i have not slept. Sitting down is uncomfortable so is laying down. I am struggling to breast feed and settle baby because i am so uncomfortable.

• Posted

i have been dealing with the bubbles on and off for about 5 months. I have been doing a ton of research. i think it has to do with your pelvic floor being too tight. Try stretching it with the yoga pose called happy baby. It seems to be helping me. Hope it helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.