Air bubble in vagina feeling

Posted , 38 users are following.

hello,

for the past week ive had this sensation like an air bubble is trapped at the entrance to my vaginal canal. moving around and squirming doesn't seem to help. I can't get relief from this feeling. I went to the gynecologist. my swabs were negative for STD yeast and BV. I was worried about a fistula or prolapse but after doing an internal exam my doctor said neither one of those was the problem. she referred me back to a pelvic floor physical therapist. I was in PT two years ago for high tone pelvic floor dysfunction. I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt this way? has treatment been successful for anyone? I'm having a hard time trusting my doctor... if she didn't find anything what else could this feeling be?? it's causing me great anxiety and driving me a little nuts.. I can't get comfortable and it's causing me to lose sleep. help!!

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi have you found any more info?? I think I have the same problem, I just posted this:

So this is really TMI but its the strangest and most uncomfortable thing and I would do anything to make it stop. I was laying down and I passed gas and it traveled to the front vaginal area. After this I had the feeling like there was a large air bubble at the opening of my vagina and also an air bubble near my anus. I've tried squirming around and all this causes it to do is feel like the 2 air bubbles are moving a bit but they never go away. I've tired different exercises to release air from the vagina but there isn't any actual air that comes out when I do this. This has been going on for a week and is extremely uncomfortable because I can always feel the air bubbles and cannot focus in class. Someone please tell me what to do, do I need an MRI? I am under 25 no kids or pregnancies.

• Posted

please see my reply below. I'm so sorry about the feeling 😞 I know how you feel. you aren't alone. it will go away in time. I hope you're feeling better

• Edited

hi! did you ever figure this out? im going through the same thing and im going insane! dr cant figure out what's wrong please help! thank you

• Posted

it was a pelvic floor muscle and pudenal nerve issue. I saw a pelvic floor physical therapist and the feeling went away. it comes and goes but I can do exercises to make it go away.

• Posted

Can you share which exercises? I'm recovering from a 3rd degree tare and going to pelvic floor PT. for that and other pains. I am having that same problem of the feeling of a bubble and squirming but no relief. I will ask for specific exercises at my next appointment but the more information the better. I'm afraid it will never go away.

• Posted

Could you please share some exercises? I have been struggling with this issue since I was a little kid and I could never explain what it was so I could never get help for it. I'm 16 now and am still dealing with this issue on and off and I have finally found someone who explains exactly what I feel. I really need to find relief from this discomfort I am losing so much sleep over it. It would really help if you could share the exercises that helped you out.

• Posted

would you be able to share which exercises have helped? Thank you!

• Edited

I am crying right now because im struggling with this for the past 3 years and doctors can't figure it out......... I will try find better doctors !

• Posted

Try pelvic floor stretches. These are really helping me. Two of them I do are yoga moves, The Happy Baby and Child's Pose. Hope they help! These bubbles are horrible and stressful!!

• Posted

Hi!

I swear, when I was reading your post, I thought I wrote it!

Have you gotten any answers? The same thing happened to me.

• Posted

last night after i took a shower i had the same thing happen! felt like an air bubble stuck in my vagina. this am still there. tried everything too!

• Posted

I started having this periodically in my 30s, after having kids, and have experienced it on and off for decades, usually related to cystitis and UTIs. Often I've experienced it as a sensation of air or bubbling in the urethra, not the vagina, but medical professionals have insisted that this isn't possible, and that it has to be the vagina. My naturopath has been helpful over the decades, particularly with a few homeopathic remedies, but the problem has been intense the last few weeks, and I've had two UTIs in three months. I'm thinking that seeing my pelvic floor physiotherapist again and resuming the pelvic floor exercises I'd grown lazy about doing, is the best bet. But if any of you discover a sure fix for this issue, I'd love to hear it. I'm walking around all day trying to push little bubbles out of my vagina, and it's maddening!

• Posted

hey, i have the exact same thing or similar? it feels like liquid is stuck or air bubble its so uncomfortable. peeing stings and at night, when i lay down its so annoying i feel like shoving something in would make it go away.

Is it bad? is it a warning of urinary incontinence? i'm still young and a little bit scared.

• Posted

i am trying to figure this out like everyone else. Pelvic floor stretches were helping and then i started to feel it again. While driving i did a few Kegal exercises and i felt it go away, not permanently, but i feel like it has eased up. I dont know, but so far, it seems like it is all related to the pelvic floor.??? Ill keep posting and checking in on this board. Hope someone figures it all out!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.