Skip to content

Pelvic Pain and Disorders

Also known as Chronic Pelvic Pain

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Wife has irregular periods and pain during intercourse

Hello, I am 26 and so is my wife, we have been married for a little under a year and have been sexually active for about 5 years.  When we first started having sex she loved it and wanted to have it every day. As the years went on she wanted it less and less and now I’m lucky if we have sex …

Last reply
  • Bad Pelvic Pain and Bloating postpartum.

I’m 7 months PP I haven’t gotten my period yet. I was on Depo for just 3 months I don’t know if that has anything to do with the absence of my cycle or not. Anyways, I’ve been having really bad pain in my Pelvis/Ovary area on both sides. It’s a sharp pain that happens especially when I cough or …

Last reply
  • Can anxiety cause pelvic muscle tension/spasms?

My pelvic floor muscles, especially around the bladder can all of a sudden tighten, start cramping and cause an urge to urinate. When this happens it sort of feels like a panic attack. This makes me scared of leaving the house more and more. I do think it has nothing to do with my bladder itself, …

Last reply
  • Hip/pelvic pain

Hello all, I've been having hip and lower back pain for the last 3 months, mostly on left side, but a little on the right too.  Now for about a week I've started also to get an aching pelvic pain very low down on the left side - not around the ovary, much lower, near the crease between …

Last reply
  • Pubic Bone Pain

Recently, I've started having pain in on my pubic bone, only to touch. The other night, my boyfriend and I were making out and he was grinding on me rather roughly. It felt a little uncomfortable at the time, but nnot painful. I started grinding back and I'm wkndering if I did something to …

Last reply
  • Any guys had urthrea dilation for stricture

Had a dilation for a 1 to 2 mm stricture 2 weeks ago due to burning and inflammation in penis head. 2 weeks later no improvement. Urethra still feels inflammed - just in the head of penis. Urine going into the hesd makr it burn. Any other males had this done ? Dr says give it 4 to 5 weeks but …

Last reply
  • Trying to figure out the cause of pelvic pain, getting nowhere!

For quite some time now ive been experiencing pain during sexual intercourse with my boyfriend. its quite a deep sharp pain in my lower stomach. at first the doctor gave me a weeks course of metronidazole to treat BV, thinking that may have been the cause but it wasn't. i was tested for sti' …

Last reply
  • Tailbone MRI - Does it look broken?

Hello, I've had pelvic pain since I was 10 years old (25 yo male). I recently got an MRI and the doctors said there was nothing structurally wrong. My PTs have always told me that my tailbone was crooked, so I just purchased my own MRI readings. Of the 2000+ images, there were 3 that included …

Last reply
  • Testicular and low abdominal pain

Hi, my son who just turned 12, started to have pain on his left testicle.  He ranged it on 4 to 5, on a scale from 1 to 10, being 10 the strongest. We went to the doctor and they said it could be varicocele, but it was too early to verify. Five days after, he experienced pain in his right …

Last reply
  • Leaky anus, urinary retention, anal spasms

Hello, everyone.  My name is Findoli and I have been suffering from a series of health problems for the last 2.5 years. Let me start at the beginning.  Nov of 2015, I had a bacterial infection. It started as a little bump on my wrist and it wasn't until late evening (nine?) that I …

Last reply
  • Pelvic MRI

Hi, I’m due to have a pelvic MRI tomorrow, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what this entails as I’ve read lots of conflicting stories online. Many Thanks

Last reply
  • Pelvic and bloating

Hi all just like people advise I had a pelvic scan 8months ago and a bloods to test ovarys all normal but still get bloating and right side pelvic pain could the scan be wrong or bloods be wrong as I’m worried it’s cancer and they missed it scan came back clear 

Last reply
  • Pelvic pain, really scared please help.

Okay, this will be detailed and thus graphic also. I've recently found a weird pain in my pelvic area. If you look from my eye point of view, it would be to the right side of my pubic bone, and someone looking at me, to their left.  I was casually masturbating the other day until I felt a …

Last reply
  • Pelvic floor and imbalance

Looking for some knowledge and wondering if my siduation can affect pelvic floor. I have a hip imbalance and one rotated hip which is  causing tightness one side and my muscles on the other particularly  my glute not to work! I have over rotation in one hip due to this and no rotation in …

Last reply
  • Extreme Abdominal Pain

Hi I have been having extreme abdominal pain and cramps everytime anything is inserted into my vagina. I'm not sure what is the cause of it but I have brought it up with my gyno and she brushed it off saying that I would be my cervix being hit. The problem is i get the pain with a 2 inch …

Last reply
  • Pelvic floor pain for 20 years, looking for someone to talk to

I've been dealing with chronic pelvic floor pain for 20 years. Actually 2/3 of my life was in pain: whether it was going to school (I had to walk for 45 min to it in a massive pain that I could barely move), or when I was in university, or when I was traveling, meeting my future husband.. pain …

Last reply
  • Has anyone had ovarian vein embolisation?

I have pelvic congestion syndrome (various veins on the pelvis). I'm having ovarian vein embolisation at the end of the month and a bit nervous of the procedure. They are going through the groin. I'm not having sedation just a bit of local where they are going in through my groin. …

Last reply
  • Pelvic Pain

I've been having this weird pain for over a month, about two months now. It started at the beginning of April as lower left back pain and lower left abdominal pain. Sometimes it would go high on my back on the left side so my mom and I thought it was kidney stones. My pee also looked gritty. …

Last reply
  • Left side Hip, Rib and Groin pain!!

I am a normally healthy 46 year old woman (was a regular gym goer) but for the last 3 months have been suffering from the following: Pain under my left rib that radiates round my back, pain in my left pelvic area and then down to my hip/groin area.  I occasionally get pain in my left …

Posted
  • Clitoral pain on left side that radiates down the leg

Hey everyone For the past few months ive been having pain on left side around clitoral area that comes and goes. Its just a dull ache that gets worse when im walking and it radiates down the left leg. Also I think that my clitoral hood gets a bit swollen when the pain comes. This has really ruined …

Posted
  • Pelvic Floor, Groin, Abdominal, and Leg Pain for 5 years

I apologize for the length, but this cannot be explained in short. I've had this since I was 17 when I got a mysterious injury in high school wrestling. I am now 22.  Left groin is very tight and weak. It is painful to stretch out. I can feel a radiation of pain from my groin to my left …

Last reply
  • Anxiety over ovarian cancer

am a 27 year old mother of 2. Recently i desided to practice what i preach as a case manager in which i got a pcp. I thought im young and healthy so why worry. At my first pcp appointment in years i had blood work done. The blood work destroyed my life. I webmd and googled all my results and …

Last reply
  • pip review form

i sent my form bk, over 3 weeks ago, havnt heard back from them to see if i have to go for a face to face interview. should i have heard something by now? anyone help me with this please,ty x

Posted
  • Hip/pelvic pain for the past 5 months

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help with any ideas about this pain I have been experiencing.  I keep getting this sudden sharp shooting pain in my inner hip/pelvic area on the left side, I keep hoping it will go away but if anything it’s getting worse as the pain is lasting longer. I can …

Last reply
  • Pelvic floor disorder anyone?

Hi all, I recently got diagnosed with pelvic floor disorder and am awaiting to start biofeedback therapy. Unfortunately, my therapy doesn’t start for over a month. I am also awaiting an MRI of my pelvis to see if I have a cyst or anything that is pushing against my bladder and giving me even more …

Last reply
  • Severe Pelvic Pain. Worried.

hi All, I haven't been here for some time now,but it was for a different reason. i have Chronic Pelvic pain 24/7.now I've had this for well over 12yrs,but the pain has gradually got worse.  It's worse when I sit,and it gets even more painful at the end of the day.  The only …

Last reply
  • Chronic pelvic pain, any ideas?

Hi all, ive been suffering from chronic pelvic pain for about a year and a half now and i dont seem to be getting anywhere. The only way i can describe it is a constant ache in my vagina, behind the pubic bone. After seeing my GP, i eventually got a scan 10 months later, 5 weeks after that im still …

Last reply
  • Suppository after Rectocele surgery? Please help!

Day 3 after Cystocyle, rectocele and bladder sling using stomach muscle. I can't go number 2 and I'm in so much pain. I'm not on any narcotics and have tried everything. Can I use a suppository to get relief? My bowels just don't seem to be moving along but I've had 5 meals and …

Last reply
  • Right sided pelvic pain & back pain for 16 months

G'day everyone, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice or if anyone has been through the same thing... So for about 16 months I've been experiencing right sided pelvic pain & back pain. The pelvic pain is a stabbing throb and can get really painful, in fact I've been …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.