Pain in butt

Posted , 1 user is following.

Does anyone else have a full swollen feeling in and around their anus that burns, sometimes stings and random crawling/pins and needles sensations? Sometimes the burning spreads around my pelvic floor. It's very briefly relieved by moving/changing positions but quickly comes back.

if so, what helps you?

Some context that might be important (I'll try and keep it short)

• 2016 withdrew from antidepressants, got pudendal neuralgia symptoms (mainly pgad and also this swollen feeling). Was stressed, tensed uncontrollably (akathisia). Also apparently a kidney infection (but unsure - they just knew there was inflammation. they did all sorts of tests but everything was negative). Went away after long antibiotics course (but unsure if it was a coincidence).
  • 2018 withdrew again, stress/tension, same things. Again, had a UTI. Swollen pain didn't go away with antibiotics but went away on its own. Poop sample was normal.
  • 2021 smoked weed, withdrawals came back 100x worse, stress/tension, plus swollen feeling. No UTI. Pain went away on its own. Poop sample was normal.
  • Now, no triggers/drugs, no other withdrawals at all, but swollen feeling has come back out of nowhere. I have stress/tension, and a UTI that's pretty much healed now.

I've had a lot of stress and tension in the past so I can't imagine it's just that. The UTI thing is kinda inconsistent?

And one of my issues is I'm unable to take antibiotics or most medication or steroids atm due to my akathisia. I'm also housebound and can't get any doctor to come out to me. I have no idea what to do but I'm in so much pain.

Thank you for reading

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.