Pelvic Pain for 4 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I had a hysterectomy 18 months ago and have suffered with pelvic discomfort and swelling ever since but back in October I felt like I had a UTI and for some reason found myself clenching my abdomen really tightly. The UTI symptoms subsided but I'm still experiencing pelvic aching and tightness and I can't seem to relax my pelvis at all. I have been in contact with the physiotherapist that I saw after my surgery and she thinks the issue could be a tight pelvic floor. Has anyone had any experience of how this feels and what I can do to help it feel better? I struggle badly with anxiety and the last 2 years have been extremely stressful, I lost my Mum, needed surgery, lost my home and back in October I lost a dear friend to Cancer. I'm quite isolated and would appreciate a friendly ear. Thank you for taking the time to read.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Lisa

,I had a large prolapse repair op 6 months ago and in the last month I have suffered a lot of abdominal pain. They treated me for UTI without face to face appointment but subsequent urine samples were clear. I am now awaiting colonoscopy . I now believe it could be adhesions from my op but I am fed up waiting for some help apart from To take a paracetamol .

I do hope you get help soon as the pain is so debilating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.