Pelvic Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, I'm a 53 year old female. Went through menopause fairly early and I've now been period free for about 6 years. Always fit and healthy, no medications.

this year I've had 2 episodes of crippling pelvic pain. both about 3 months apart. pain is in the middle of my tummy, radiating down and outwards to include my hips. First episode had awful vomiting. second episode i had nausea (but no actual vomiting), i also had some diarrhoea on both occasions.

on the second episode it was that bad i had to stay in bed all day, the pain was crippling. Didn't go away but had slight relief lying down.

it feels like the cramping i used to get when i had my period but x100.

it also feels like when i go to pee its like everything is going to 'fall out' if that makes sense?

anyone had anything similar?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hallo Lindy. Well it could be several different things . It could be gynaecological or it could be gut related. Your comment about everything falling out could be the start of a prolapse, but as I have said it could be many other things. Dont wait until the next painful attack...please see your doctor for an examination and hopefully some answers. And dont just struggle on.....this needs to be sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.