Alfuzosin

Posted , 9 users are following.

Just started alfusozine. 3rd tablet last night have noticed no change . Dose.it take time to start working ?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What is this drug used for? BPH? If so I know from what my father told me that it does take time for this to work.
    • Posted

Yes . Bph . Still wake up for pee 2or 3 times in night
    • Posted

I had it so bad one night that I had to hover over the toilet because the feeling that I needed to urinate didn't go away for more than 40 minutes. I also urinated 10 to 15 times in two hours. Then it went away. It comes and goes in me and I am 47 years old. Not sure why I have it at my age.
    • Posted

Wow I am going to consider my self lucky I am 53 no pain just wake up a few times a night . 👍👍
    • Posted

Your reaction scares me. I know it is kinda bad but it isn't constant. My dad has BPH so bad that they had to cut out some of his Prostate. I guess that this condition can run in families.
    • Posted

This is all new to me .I have only taken 3 tablets in my life . Did not mean to scare you I surgest you talke to someone with more experience than me good luck
  • Posted

Alpha blockers usually start working within a few days. However, there are some differences regarding how selective they are. For example, if you Google "Alfuzosin vs Doxazosin" you will see that Doxazosin is more effective in terms of I.P.S.S. improvement.

I would suggest that you give it another week and then ask your doctor to prescribe Doxazosin. It is a very cheap drug but it does lower blood pressure and dosage has to be tritrated (increased gradually) until effective or you may become hypotensive.

Combination therapy of doxazosin and finasteride is even more effective, but the finasteride can play havoc with your libido... yer pays yer money and takes yer chance.

• Posted

What i read was a few days to a few weeks.
    • Posted

That makes sense to me. I may have to be put on one of these medications soon as I seem to have a problem, but I don't want to go to the doctor for it so I have been toughing it out. It would be nice to not have pain during urination and having to go all the time. 
    • Posted

I don't know much . But I do know the quicker you deal with it the better . Also he will check for prostate cancer. But I don't think you should worry about that your to young . I tough it out for a year . It's slowly got worse. RING DOCTOR TODAY ☎☎
    • Posted

Yea well, symptoms are bad, but if they give me a PSA test I know it will be high so then they may want to do an ultrasound or even a biopsy. Just for BPH. I would rather jump out of a moving car than have a biopsy. I just need medicine to reduce the size a bit. What sort of tests did they give you in order to get the medicine?
    • Posted

They tested my pee . If you want you can bye self pee test on ebay I got one for about £20 and arsked me how many times I went pee in night and if I was in pain . Then he gave me the finger 👆😕
    • Posted

That seems to make sense. I can handle that. Thanks for the reply.
  • Posted

I struggled for years with BPH after an accident at sea in 2000 when I was 60. I injured my lower back, which resulted in a swollen Prostate that never shrank back to normal.

I consider myself lucky because I now take one Flomax pill after dinner every day and If I don't drink anything after 6pm I normally wake up for my 1st p around 7am.

I've tried to do without for a while but after just a few days everything gets blocked and I feel like Steven Hawkins looks.

It'll be trial and error for a while, Gregg. So good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.