all better

Posted , 9 users are following.

Evening all, ( pc george dixon here) lol well my scars all better and I still have one more days anti biotics to go, really pleased that I'm back to normal again, as my son is coming home on wed. from the US. and I'm so excited biggrincheesygrinbiggrin, anyway to all the hippies out there, don't despair, things may not be plain saling but you will get there in the end, I actually put my sox on today for the first time in a year!!! woo hoobiggrin, so take care everyone, I'll check in again soon,

love and peace to you all,

Lynne xx

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Great news. Putting socks in makes hippies sooo happy

Enjoy your son's visit. My son whatsapps me all time. Makes me very happy but can't beat them coming home. :-)

Take care

Kate x

• Posted

Love being able to put my socks on without pain and swearing! Same with undies. No longer do I have to dangle them from arms length and hope my foot lands in tne leg hole!😆
    • Posted

Oops you said swearing, well I use to swear and sweat trying to put my socks on...Lol
    • Posted

Nothing worse than the dangling undies. ..lol as for the swearing. ..hmmm anyone would think i had a sailor in the bathroom haha
    • Posted

Had to laugh at that. Still pre-op til next week. One of the things I'm looking forward to is putting on socks and underwear without getting all hot and bothered and cutting my toenails!

best wishes for your continued progress.

Steph

• Posted

Oh shortz im right with you. The dangle and hope method. Tried again yesterday with the sock aid.Useless for ankle socks
  • Posted

We should make a film of all the ridiculous things we have to do in order to get trivial jobs done. I drag my foot backwards on the carpet so the friction rolls my socks off!

I tried to paint my toenails after hubby had cut them...well hacked them down a bit..by attaching the nail polish brush to a fork with tape so I could reach them. Result: hacked uneven nails with splodges of pink polish and carpet of similar colour. Back to the drawing board or possibly a manicure next time

Kate x

• Posted

That's how I get the socks off, on is another matter. Not worn tights for years
  • Posted

Good for you, yesterday was the first time I was able to put my socks on without my sock aid in over a year too. It felt really good to be able to it by myself.
  • Posted

So pleased your feeling better. smile Have you done all your decorating? It must be really exciting for you is your Son home permanently or just a visit. Love Gill xx
  • Posted

Ah have lovely time with your son.

As for socks Hmm well my funny moment cold feet no one in no sock aid ..... determined as we hippies appear to be that sock was going on no matter what ! Had grabber searched house for any suitable implements .. wooden spoon .. not long enough ha long wooden giraffe (ornament) pointed ears grabber one side giraffe ear other ....no joy ! Ha plastic to glide sock on ! Emptied carrots out of bag cut across put over foot ta da slid sock on brilliant ! ......... ah you guessed had to wear bag under sock all day ! This process took me an hour ... but that's independence for you !

Have good day

Denise

• Posted

cheesygrin dear Lord .... so funny ...

still using the sock-aid to put on socks - grabber to put undies and sweatpants in position so I can put my leg in ...

used sock aid to put on leggings ... hmmm, had to pull the plastic thing all the way up - not comfortable, I decided to take them off - very time consuming ...

and frustrated at some point --- 

Enjoy your son's visit Lynne - How long will he be staying ?

big warm hug darling and keep those hips shaking --

rock on !!!!

renee

• Posted

Attention all hippies struggling with putting on socks. Buy a sock aid for under £5.00. They really work so long as you practice a couple of times. White plastic ones are good but if you have thin skin then buy one covered in terry towelling. You can get double ones -tights aids. Get them from any mobility shop or online.

Take care

Kate x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.