Allergic Rhinitis or Lung Cancer ?!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am an ex-smoker for 7 years and stopped smoking 3 years ago. I'll be 28 this coming january and I'm a filipino. Just last 15 days i did go see a doctor finally because i have so much back pain and rib pain because i got into a wrestling fight with my brother. I'm so scared that i may have lung cancer that's why i go see a doctor. I showed him my chest x-ray. He asks me if i have a mucus/phlegm and i said yes and tell him that i always clear my throat and spit mucus everyday for 5 years. The doctor can't believe that i did not even go see a doctor for once in 5 years. He checked my breathing and ask if i have pain in my chest and back and i said yes. He said my x-ray is normal and i have an ALLERGIC RHINITIS and the pain i suffer from fighting is just a muscle, bone pain. He told me to drink NORGESIC for back pain (which is very effective) and XYZAL, NASAL SPRAY for my allergy. After 15 days, i don't feel the pain in my back anymore and still drinking and using those medicines for my allergy until now. MY PROBLEM is that i'm not convince IN MY DOCTOR that i only have allergic rhinitis because i have this random pain sometimes in my back, back of head, chest, muscles in armpit. The pain is not that painful, it's like a needle pain or like someone presses it. I feel so tired and having shortness of breath sometimes. WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION TO THIS? Since a doctor won't let you CT scan unless it's emergency. I'm so scared.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.