Amiodarone is not MEDICINE it is POISON!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 34 years old from Bulgaria. About a month ago I found premature ventricular contraction (PVC) in my heart. I go to the doctor cardiologist and he prescribed me Amiodarone 200 mg (Cordarone 200 mg).

"You do not worry - probably minor viral infection that has affected heart. Take one pill per day 200 mg/day - months and then everything will be OK. On the first day you should take two pills so that you get enough blood drug - from the next day pill per day."

Never before I had not been to the cardiologist. As every person I've heard about World Health Conspiracy - and even accept these things partly skeptical - but I saw with my own eyes it now.

Two hours after the first pill I started with BLURRED VISION, NAUSEA, PAIN IN THE STOMACH and MILD DIARRHEA. I talked by phone to the cardiologist and he says to me - "This is not caused by the Amiodarone - Keep a scheme taking the medicine. How your PVCs?". Yess my PVCs STOP - but I'm not so good. "Don't worry - probably stress"

By the evening the symptoms fading away a bit - and I was "OK" - I'm ready to take my next dose of poison. The next morning too. Appeared COUGH, COLD FEELING, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, SHIVERING... 600 mg Amiodarone and I STOP with THIS !

I basically have drug hypersensitivity. Sometimes my body overreaching - often artistically - when I try to poison it with chemicals by the form of the medicine. Usually when I stop the medicine for a day or two passes me - everything is okay and back to normal. But not this time.

After two days I started full medical examination - ECG, Echocardiography, X ray, blood test and so on. Nothing found with the exception of PVC again.

But I found a very good doctor who on learning that my wife works for the president - suddenly became very conversational and candid smile Review the results and told me "Stop walking on doctors if you want to live longer." "For forty years I live with extrasystoles - recently they disappeared and now I began to worry. If extrasystoles are normally found and are not due to health physical problems - no need treating THEM". "I'll tell you as a doctor - pharmaceutical companies send people to us and pay us money to prescribe their not effective drugs to our patients. Why do you think that cardiologist prescribed to you AMIODARONE without medical examination?! Did you know that more than 90% of people who are prescribed this "medication" - if they are done the necessary medical examination - no pass it - and its use will be prohibited?! Even a slight variation in thyroid hormone - and such can almost always be found - is contraindicated for this drug - regardless of whether thyroid gland itself is healthy or not?! Amiodarone is not MEDICINE it is POISON! That you will "clear" your extrasystoles until take this poison - and months after you stop - that they should not mislead you. This "treatment" is just a side effect of the poison - nothing more."

"By the way I warn you. Expect a new wave of side effects after two weeks, and they may continue for a month or two until they quiet down." But I only used the 600 mg?! "No matter" - slight smile on his.

Two weeks ago - like Dr. say - I have experience with this dizziness, weakness, fluctuating blood pressure, low thyroid function, nausea, alternating low and subfebrile body temperature, shortness of breath, cough and so on - hopefully my body is cleaning from this poison. Any concerns they pass on my mind: Myocarditis, Endocarditis and so on... I hope he's right - and this is the only clear effects - as he predict.

I close with the last thing he said to me.

"There are only two ways to make medicine. The best way is - unfortunately - quite unprofitable financial - where you can treat the patient. Profitably would always be this - where you do not treat patients, but creating them."

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

This is a SCARY drug and no mistake.  I was offered it by my cardiologist for AFib. He said Amiodarone will be best for you as I am 79. He said "We do not like to give this to younger people as there are some dangers, one of the main ones was it can cause pulmonary fibrosis."

I'd sooner have A.Fib than a lung disease that is probably incurable!

• Posted

I was on amiodorone until I read the side effects. I went onto the web and found dronedarone which has fewer side effects and persuaded my doctor to prescibe it.
    • Posted

Morte on Dronrdarone from NHS Choices:

Dronedarone hydrochloride is not suitable for everyone and some people should never use it. Other people should only use it with special care. It is important that the person prescribing this medicine knows your full medical history.

Your prescriber may only prescribe this medicine with special care or may not prescribe it at all if you:

are aged over 75 years

are allergic or sensitive to or have had a reaction to any of the ingredients in the medicine

have a slow heart rate

have certain types of heart or circulation problems

have certain types of heart rhythm problems

have had liver or lung problems as a result of taking amiodarone before

have kidney problems

have liver problems

have or have had heart failure

have salt and water imbalances

Furthermore the prescriber may only prescribe this medicine with special care or may not prescribe it at all for someone under the age of 18 years.

As part of the process of assessing suitability to take this medicine a prescriber may also arrange tests:

to check that this medicine is having the desired effect

to check that this medicine is not having any undesired effects

to determine whether or not the medicine is suitable and whether it must be prescribed with extra care

Over time it is possible that Dronedarone hydrochloride can become unsuitable for some people, or they may become unsuitable for it. If at any time it appears that Dronedarone hydrochloride has become unsuitable, it is important that the prescriber is contacted immediately.

Alcohol can interact with certain medicines.

In the case of Dronedarone hydrochloride:

there are no known interactions between alcohol and Dronedarone hydrochloride

Diet

Medicines can interact with certain foods. In some cases, this may be harmful and your prescriber may advise you to avoid certain foods.

In the case of Dronedarone hydrochloride:

this medicineinteracts with grapefruit juice. Grapefruit juice increases the level of Dronedarone hydrochloride in your blood

If your diet includes any of the above, speak to your prescriber or pharmacist for further advice.

Like all medicinesDronedarone hydrochloride can cause side effects. You should see how this medicine affects you and then judge if you are safe to drive or operate machinery. If you are in any doubt, talk to your prescriber.

• Posted

Hi, hoping you are still around. Please tell me if DRONEDARONE  is a good drug for you ?  I am on Amiodarone for the last five years and they have found slight changes in my tests. Thankyou.

• Posted

Many thanks but the choice seems to be between the side effects of amiroderone and  dronedarone.. I have a liver function test every week and the doc  has yet to recommend a change. I am also on haemodialysis which complicates matters.
  • Posted

Sorry to say I find your story a crop of crap no one has symptoms this fast period I'm one of this sickest people in the usa fully documented by the university of Washington It takes a least one year of daily use to show these reaction your having with the exception of vision ive personally been on the max does of amiodarone and Zocor for almost three years its just now showing its deadly evil side when I almost died three different times that literally killed the left side of my heart and caused serious breath and nerve issues throughout the body black outs spasms loss of leg and arm functions choking night sweets and my newest treat the loss of 25% of my vision I often get bleeding rash like sores all over my body and what appears to be cancer spots. if you have any of the symptoms call your doctor asap then find a good attorney I'm using Clark lawfirm Washington d.c a nationwide attorney group

• Posted

Enchev does not have your legal advantages as he is in Bulgaria.
  • Posted

Amiodarone is not the first choice for PVCs. Get a better cardiologist!!
  • Posted

there are no other cardio doctors in this area

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.